Lex Veldhuis

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's this dutch poker player named Lex Veldhuis. He was popular in day 1 main event wsop. This guy is sick. He makes nasty bluffs and sick calls.

for those who had huge debate with me in my previous thread, Check out the scene where Lex calls 4-bet allin with King 4. I don't see any problem with that. Although I wouldn't risk that much over King 4 because I would've mucked it during pre-flop, I clearly assume that Lex called because he knew his King high was best. People will say Lex made good or horrible call but I think Muenz was a dumbass to shove his whole chipstack with 6 7 suited. Anyways, this was the clear example of what I was trying to show. Even when Lex rolls over better hand, People criticize him instead of Muenz who shoved with 67suited.

I find this guy interesting. I might learn some jackass strategy from watching this guy all day.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Lex Veldhuis is a very good player who knows when take advantage from good spots. He play a wide range of hands and u never know if he is bluffing of has the nuts.
I can realy only see his play working best tho at the WSOP main event when alot of ppl have fear of busting out (not that guy who had 67 lmao, he was trying to make a strong move n it didnt work, oh well!).
I was reading a blog of his and i heard he was down ALOT from playin cash games on stars and didnt do too well in the WCOOP.
He is a good player tho, one that i do admire :)

TexasPokerStar

TexasPokerStar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
He should be crown Super Donkey of the World... I was getting sick watching him play... am glad he got crushed on day 2 or 3... donkeys like that never profit.

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would be more impressed with him if he showed a litle bit of restraint...ummm lex, you dont have to, nor should you show EVERY bluff. quit worryin about impressin evelyn and play yo game. ty!

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would be more impressed with him if he showed a litle bit of restraint...ummm lex, you dont have to, nor should you show EVERY bluff. quit worryin about impressin evelyn and play yo game. ty!

Yeah I agree with that--at times I just wanted to tell him to slow down for a second. He made some sick plays and could have lasted a lot longer if he treated it like the long tournament that it is. You can not win it on day one.

Implied Odds3

Implied Odds3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is the worst player i've ever seen them televise..
Sick Plays does not equal calling an all in with k4.

He would bluff everytime, if there was a reasonable player at the table, they would have called him...
But no....This old guy couldn't call with his queens against a pair on the board after he'd seen lex show 3 bluffs back to back.

Lol, its no suprise Lex didn't make it far.

Pokerloves me::: i don't want to get in a debate, but its the same situation as the thread you posted earlier in the week, pushing all in with 6 7 > calling with k4..

I

insidetrk

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He runs good lol especially with evelyn ng. Didn't he get knocked out of the ME by a donkey move??? He had a draw and the guy had top pair and he shoved with like 30bbs left.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thing is, when Gus Hansen does much the same stuff they call it genius...

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol. evelyn ng is pretty hot isnt she? lucky lex.

G

Grindit9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He should be crown Super Donkey of the World... I was getting sick watching him play... am glad he got crushed on day 2 or 3... donkeys like that never profit.

Ive seen lex play a lot of poker (also televised), sure he is a very agressive player and plays a lot of hands and makes crazy bluffs. But he is doing something good when he cashes in the 40k event (last wsop) for about 300k. His main strengths are that he can pick up a lot of tells and has a good idea of the hand that his opponent has. His main problem is that he blows up in tourneys. Its almost always agressive play, and he has difficulty to change gears. A friend of mine that was also playing in the ept Barcelona told him when he was on 100k: 'Lex you know this event his 5 days right? You do not need to get 300k in chips on the first day, take it a bit easy. Maybe its a good idea to go on sitting out :)'.

PNJs_dad

PNJs_dad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At least Gus...

Thing is, when Gus Hansen does much the same stuff they call it genius...

...makes moves that makes since. Lex was just trying to get some TV face time IMO. Lex was putting it in peoples faces. Sure I show a bluff at times. But I think what Lex did was disrespectful. He was just bluffing for the sake of bluffing. GL on the felts guys.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...makes moves that makes since. Lex was just trying to get some TV face time IMO. Lex was putting it in peoples faces. Sure I show a bluff at times. But I think what Lex did was disrespectful. He was just bluffing for the sake of bluffing. GL on the felts guys.

Gotta disagree.

For one, I don't think it was just for the cameras. By all accounts Lex kept playing the same way after he left the feature table and eventually it got him knocked out.

Second, I don't think it's disrespectful in the least. It's not as if he slowrolled Doyle Brunson or called someone a northern European idiot or anything. He just played aggressive and showed some bluffs, which pretty much anyone will tell you is Good For The GameTM.

Third, Gus is known for playing any two cards and capitalising on the weakness of his opponents. Whereas Lex was... playing any two cards and capitalising on the weakness of his opponents. Maybe Gus doesn't show as many bluffs, but the play before his opponent folds is based on the same ideas.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if this guy is a donkey, then what does that make other people at his table? Super donkeys?

G

Grindit9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You gotta love his style of play, makes great poker. Better then 9 tight nits coolering each other.

PNJs_dad

PNJs_dad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I really was disappointed in Eli Elezra and Allen Cunningham. I just knew they were gonna make him pay and it never happened. I guess they never got the cards to do so. GL on the felts guys.:)

Implied Odds3

Implied Odds3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, Gus Hansen at least knows when to let go of his hand when there has been many raises... Lex just calls with king 4.
Gus Hansen also doesn't show every bluff he makes, making him more respected among the poker community.

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, Gus Hansen at least knows when to let go of his hand when there has been many raises... Lex just calls with king 4.
Gus Hansen also doesn't show every bluff he makes, making him more respected among the poker community.

He called because he had better hand. I don't know how calling with better hand accounts for being a donkey. He called because he probably thought "poor kid is trying to steal the pot bcz i crushed him 3 times and he just mad cz i'm better than him. My King high is probably better hand than his." and called. He just followed his read and called. Most would fold. He called. It takes skills to call with King 4. I would fold too. Anyone can shove like an idiot but it takes skills to call with hands like his. And I think i saw Lex lay down two pairs on day 2. he knows when to let go of a hand also.

but you have to admit. that king 4 call was pretty funny. I was dying hard watching that.

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I loved the line where he said something to Elezra like "it's a shame you actually have to have a hand to win a pot." This guy's gonna be a star.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I haven't gone back to check the specific hand. But I think you're wrong about a couple of things.

First, do you really believe Gus never flat calls with garbage? I put it to you that it's simply not the case and in fact, it'd be a pretty major leak if it was.

Second, Gus is more respected among the poker community because he's 1: been around for longer and 2: to date, made a lot more money. Not because he does or doesn't show bluffs.

Implied Odds3

Implied Odds3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He called because he had better hand.

Are you saying he knew what the other guy had...?
I think you are being results orientated. Most players would fold that because thats the right play.

Implied Odds3

Implied Odds3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't gone back to check the specific hand. But I think you're wrong about a couple of things.

First, do you really believe Gus never flat calls with garbage? I put it to you that it's simply not the case and in fact, it'd be a pretty major leak if it was.

Second, Gus is more respected among the poker community because he's 1: been around for longer and 2: to date, made a lot more money. Not because he does or doesn't show bluffs.

I bet Gus doesnt call all ins with trash after there has been raises except for metagame purposes... This guy thought he was ahead, lmao.

Hes also more respected because he doesn't say things like the above ^ quote to other professionals..

Lex reminds me of a worse Phil Hellmuth.

The only reason people like him is because people love players who show bluffs..that doesnt mean hes good.