Let's talk about winning big pots with bad cards

D

DaHawk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell me the worst hand and story where you won an insane amount of money! Go!

2fingershuffle

2fingershuffle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Accidently called a re-raise, put me all-in with A6 off for $180 pot and hit full house on flop.

Very lucky and happy.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I went to allin at 27 and put out the whole table. It was a $ 7.5 bounty tournament ... and I knocked out a bounty with five people at once :jd4::):jd4:

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The maximum has been $ 4 in a micro-limit table, it turns out that the table was by color and I had AQ and my rival KJ
it was an excellent hand.
It has happened to me several times.
winning and losing:D

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I went to allin at 27 and put out the whole table. It was a $ 7.5 bounty tournament ...

"Bad cards" like 7 2 are also absolutely perfect for going all-in in cardchat games aswell ;)

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't play with bad cards. In most cases, playing with junk leads to losses.

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cracked aces with K/4 once for a lot of money. I have cracked QQ with 2/4 for a lot of money. 7/10, another 1000+ pot

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

with 32 of concrete suit full house ... against AA oll in on the flop

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it's not what you have but what your opponent has and if you know dont they dont have much and wont call a certain amount then you should bet it.

I once called a big 5 bet preflop with 55 . Half the table went all in preflop. The rest of the table went all in after the turn. I hit a 5 on the flop and the other 5 for quads on the turn. I was chip leader pre hand so I KO all the players on the table. I started with $40 dollars and cashed out a bit over $1,300.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I called 6 blinds last night blind v blind final table of 4.40 bounty builder with 37o and won 47 buck bounty vs 58s, ended up finishing 2nd for 1100 total.

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the blind pair of 2s then flop 2, 2s was a shocker an they went all in, lol

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey I've done it everybody has I feel bad when I do it because a good player always does you know what I'm talking about if you are

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

Dont heads up kinda mean that you literally have 50% chance of winning no-matter what cards you may actually have :hmmmm2:

Also this thread shows perfectly that for some people even certain cards which (preflop) have slightly bigger chance for straight are still considered as "bad cards" lol :dontknow:

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
98s against AA and KK in one hand by making a flush. This win brought me into the money, winning at least 16$ ^^

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
One of my most bizarre hand's I have won was on-line, I was folding hand after hand in a game and got talking to another player, who had the same problem, he Said "He wished he could get a playable hand" and I replied "Yes, same here, I am sick of being dealt 7/2 every other hand".
Just as I sent the message I was dealt 7/2 of Clubs on the BB and even posted the message "Oh look 7/2 AGAIN!"
There were only 2 other players who limped into the hand so I checked, Flop came 3 Club cards and knowing I could be beaten by a simple 8 high flush I checked, one of the limper's bet half pot, the other called and after some thought I came along for the ride.
Turn card gave us a Diamond, so I checked again, first limper bet again half pot 2nd called so I called again not knowing what anyone else had. River dropped a Heart card which could have given someone a straight, but I thought if someone held a bigger flush I was still in trouble.
I checked the River and the 1st limper bet out again half pot 2nd now folded, so after some deliberation I sent a message to the other player,"You either have me beat or not" I shoved all-in with my 7/2 Flush and he called with a straight.
The player I had been talking to before the hand sent (LOL and NH) messages and I said "I told him I only had 7/2.
This is why I love playing Poker, for the fun of the game,

When the fun Stops, STOP!

M

moularaki

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
i won a tournament with 72 vs TT
it does happens more often than you think

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont remember a particular hand but when i am in position i sometimes call with junk and you can hit really big with it . for example when i know someone has AA-QQ and i am on the button i call with lets say 7-4o and when i hit big i get a lot if not all of his money or stack

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I had someone limp AA in EP in a tournament when I was in the BB with 63o, their limping triggered many more limpers and I think 3/4 of the table must have limped in by the time I checked.

The flop was 333 and I don't remember the exact details of the rest of the hand, but I do remember that I won a massive pot because two other players also had pocket pairs and there were multiple all-ins by the time we went to a showdown.

That's the risk you take when you limp with AA, don't get mad if somebody crushes them because you let them see a cheap flop.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Bad cards arr part of the game so if they let you see the flop with shitty cards its not your problem, part of the game!

S

semi1406

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Accidentally clicked call any on the pokerstar App and the guy before me went all-in with a set ,I had a gutshot and hit the straight on the river.