Leaving a tournament at the final table!!

B

bocasas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
last friday I was bored at work so I decided to play 4champs 200U$S freeroll. I usually leave from work at 5pm, but as I was playing poker and not working i decided to continue the tournament, at 5:40 I was at the last table and i was chip leader (well i had 270k and another guy has 275k but that doesn't matter). there were only 9 players left and I was playing pretty solid, when the boss came and told he was leaving and he was going close the office :cry: , so i went all in and the other chip leader call and I lost all my chips and my opportunity to win the freeroll. first price were 50 bucks, and i ended up with 3.5 dolars only.
Then I realized that probably it would have been better to stay sitting out till I run out of chips, probably I would have ended in a better position :(
Have you ever leave a tournament that you would have probably won??

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would've sat out and continued playing when I got home. Guaruntee you still would've had a formidable stack.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would've sat out and continued playing when I got home. Guaruntee you still would've had a formidable stack.

^^^^^^ that and even if you lived so far away you couldn't get home, you would have probably ended up in a higher place just blinding out.

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was on of the chip leaders in the cc bodog freeroll on wednesday when there was 18 players left, but i was too tired so i went to bed. I checked back in the morning and seen that i had finished 4th, so yes it probably is better to just sit out.

B

bocasas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, I live more than an hour and a half from my job but I must have blinded out, but I was too pissed off to think about that

chinababy8

chinababy8

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u shoulda sitouted and maybe got couple of bucks more. ye and better dont play at work :D

Q

quads

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is just another example of one of the many obstacles players are faced with when playing online. Regardless of the cash value of the tournament, situations like this along with others occur more often then you think, when you consider the millions playing online.

Considering Bocasas's thread, why not just click away from table? No instead he decides to go all-in next hand with any two cards. Let's say he sucked out and won that hand. Now he has to leave anyhow, and after whoever rightfully made the right call and got busted, was playing his heart out to get that far. Now he just watches his stack get shoved over to Bocasas, and then get blinded off.

I don't understand your decision to push unless all 9 players still at the table went all-in knowing you had to leave anyhow.

Just another unnecessary obstacle everyone is forced to deal with playing online.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with only seconds left to play what were you hoping would happen ? theres no way that would work , you were just giving your chips away because you had to leave, you just didnt think of it then under pressure but you knew you would be better off to blind out. sh*t happens lol. i was playing a $20 sng , was down to three people ,i was working on a bonus (5 in a row 1st or 2nd ) and had to walk out on it to help my uncle stop a stupid dog fight he was in the middle of. luckily got back and it was down to me and one guy who was blinding me off as fast as possible , i ended up winning but found out you needed 6 in a row for bonus. lol

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
actually had something like this happen to me twice...once i was in a 2.20 mtt on stars with like 18 left i was in top 5 or 3 and i was so tired that i fell asleep in my chair and i ended up blinding out and dont really remember what place i ended up but next day was kind of pissed off at myself....then there is this another story i was like 1st out of like 20-30 players in the 6 max mtt dont remember the buy in but unfortunately i had to leave...i was playing at my house and i had to leave for something important and then i came back home and had 1k left sigh i believe i ended up somewere in top 15 because i had a huge stack had like 10-15k more than 2nd place...that one really sucked and if i were i would have sat out and just let the donkiez take each other out which they r good at lmao..lol next time dont play something that will take longer than an hour at work (bad idea) gl and have fun

jbbrown064

jbbrown064

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would approach your boss for the other $46.50.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned my lesson. Plain and simple, if I have to step away, I sitout and let it run. A little over a week ago I was in a tourney and my mom stopped by. I excused myself and left the table not realizing how long she'd be here. Well I had an okay chip stack and there were just six players when I stepped away. When I finally came back, the tourney had ended and I wound up taking second. Not bad for auto-fold. :)

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would approach your boss for the other $46.50.

gl with that one and have fun looking for a new job after u get fired :) lol jk hope u dont get fired but i think this is a bad idea

jbbrown064

jbbrown064

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I ran into almost the same sitituation yesterday as bocasas. There were 7 people left and I was third in chips. Well behind the leader, but well above 4-7. I had to leave and left it on autofold. When I came back, I finished 3rd, which is pretty good.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once went away for just a little while, 15 minutes later and I finished in like 600 -.-