Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/dusty-schmidt-leatherass-joins-partypoker-big-game-iv-lineup-9491/

Drag the Bar pro Dusty “Leatherass” Schmidt will play in the PartyPoker Big Game IV, a high-stakes poker cash game that will be filmed at the Les Ambassadeurs Club in London from April 11th to 13th.

The lineup for the PartyPoker Big Game IV features Tony G, Unabomber Poker front man Phil Laak, Jennifer Tilly, embattled pro Luke “Full Flush” Schwartz, Isaac Haxton, Neil Channing, and Laurence Grondin. Added to the fray last week was mystery Swedish pro Isildur1, who may be wearing a mask to preserve his identity when the cards are dealt in eight days’ time. Schmidt’s invitation to play came during an appearance on Jesse May’s “The Poker Show.”

On facing off against Isildur1 and the cast of characters in the PartyPoker Big Game IV, Schmidt told Poker News Daily, “It just got a lot more exciting with Isildur1. I was obviously excited to go on the show no matter what. Being a part of Team PokerStars Online and being more mainstream have caused me to become more inspired to play in live events. This is the first event I’ve done away from online and to do it against Isildur1 is pretty exciting.” Players will be voted off the set every two hours and, when they enter, will be accompanied by theme music.

Schmidt will be squaring off against some of the top pros in poker, with even more competition to be announced. The talented golfer and poker player explained, “When I’m playing 15 tables, I resort to default play, so I think I might be a little underestimated because I tend to play more straightforward. To have the chance to play one table will be fun and I’ll be able to take my time. I’m excited to have that opportunity.” Tony G is purportedly staking Isildur1 in the PartyPoker Big Game IV and even offered to lend the Swede his trademark Kermit the Frog costume.

Schmidt was formerly an instructor at StoxPoker and now makes his home at Drag the Bar. The former will fully merge with sister site CardRunners on May 1st and recently saw its namesake, Nick “Stoxtrader” Grudzien, admit to multi-accounting and leave the site. Schmidt gave his take on the merge of CardRunners and StoxPoker: “It’s a little sad. I put a lot of work into trying to build that site up and it’s come down. I just wish things were done a little bit differently.”

Drag the Bar features a stable of poker coaches that includes Hunter “BeachJustice” Bick, Jeremy “Chipsteela” Menard, Matt “mbolt1” Bolt, Jake “7DeLuX” Wilkins, and Ross “Milwaukee2” Hartung. The site has been motoring along in recent months and Schmidt explained, “We’ve been signing up a lot of members and we’re getting a lot of buzz. The guys there do it the right way and I think it’ll become a major player in the poker training industry. I think it has a lot of potential and it’s playing out that way. I’m seeing a lot of the same things as StoxPoker, as it has that feel of a young company growing quickly.”

Schmidt is a newly minted member of Team PokerStars Online, a star-studded group of grinders that includes Thomas “Boku87” Boekhoff, Randy “nanonoko” Lew, and Nichoel “NicP” Peppe. Schmidt recalled how his signing with the world’s largest online poker site came about: “Once I left CardRunners, I was pigeon-filled as being a Full Tilt guy. No one ever approached me. As soon as I got away from it, I had a half-dozen offers. I just mentioned to PokerStars that I had a few offers; that’s where I would have preferred to go anyway. I was happy they wanted to do it.”
Matchroom Sport, which organized the live version of the Durrrr Challenge at the Les Ambassadeurs Club, will serve in the same capacity for the PartyPoker Big Game IV.

Last edited by a moderator:
PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meh.. I didnt see a Cardschat link in that article. Seriously dusty? LOL Obv Iam jk

GL and smash the frog..

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The title to this thread almost sounded like a horror film or an X-box game. And since it was started by Mortis it could have been either:D :fight: Why on earth would Isildur wear a mask? Seems a little silly:stupido2: :dontknow: Take 'em down Dusty and don't forget to wear some CC gear;)

joe steady

joe steady

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players will be voted off the set every two hours and, when they enter, will be accompanied by theme music.
wow - you get theme music? If you get to choose, I would say skip the theme from Rocky and Eye of the Tiger:p. Good luck, Dusty.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will this be televised anywhere?

belerophon

belerophon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously, a mask? :rolleyes:

Good Luck! Don't get distracted by Tilly's pair.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gl Dusty,

I hope its on TV

Snow :cool:

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tony G will get his a.s.s kicked. there is too much inteligence there for him.

O

ongkie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so we still wont get to see who is isildur1, thats as good as watching him play online.

i still do believe he is viktor blom. he must be. looking at how he plays in wsope

Last edited by a moderator:
absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tony G is the one that brought up that he would get Isildur a mask if he would play and even stake him to play, so thank Tony for not seeing his face.

J

JEP712

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This will be very cool. Seeing leatherass and one of the most feared online poker players clash would be awesome!

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so where has Dusty been? I haven't seen him post on here or on FB for a few.... I'm sure he knows who Isildur1 is now... and I think we would all like to know.

R

rollnutilt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck Dusty take it down!:D

B

BenLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dusty doesn't even have to think about his decisions anymore. He's played a billion hands against a billion opponents and he's always right. The man's like a computer.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should be a fun dustup, GL Dusty!

(CC Ship Him Some Gear!!)

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GL, hope it goes well!

P

Pokerdude420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They couldn't get better players then Laak and Tilly?

She's going to lose her royalties from Bride of Chucky.

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad news for those waiting to see who the mystery man really is....this from bluff Magazine......

Those railbirds who were eagerly awaiting the live poker debut of Mystery Swede Isildur1 will be sad to hear that the masked Scandinavian has decided to back out of his scheduled appearance at partypoker’s Big Game IV in London this weekend.
According to a blog post from Team PartyPoker’s Tony G, Isildur1 informed him of his absence via text message, simply saying, “Sry for not coming, take care bud.” Tony G had agreed to back Isildur1 for the televised cash game and the organizers behind the event even offered to let the Mystery Swede play in a mask to keep his identity under wraps. Isildur1 apparently cited personal reasons to explain his last minute change of plans.
The unexpected cancellation has resulted in Tony G “washing his hands” of the high stakes online cash game player. This comes after numerous attempts by Tony G to get Isildur1 back on the cash game scene in the same dramatic fashion he made his entrée into it last fall.