Least favorite starting hand

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A 2 to 6 not suited. if you get an ace at flop is hard to get value, average player that see an ace at flop fear that someone has an ace and tend to fold and if you're called or pushed it's common to see guys whit an ace but better kicker or even something better. it's a real dangerous hand.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I train the starting ranger strength I think 32 and 72 are good examples of weak starting cards

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 10 just because it looks kinda ugly.Also not a big fan of 9 2 but ye

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
least favorite? 72os. Hardest to play? AJ, AK, 88-JJ.

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket 3's, I rarely hit a set with 3's.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KK

Pocket kings sure look good but I can't seem to win with them.

L

La reytor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ makes me sick to play with that hand, I get angry when it comes to me. .:(:(:(:(:(

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
least favorite? 72os. Hardest to play? AJ, AK, 88-JJ.
I concur. The 7-2 off suit ts really bad. A-X is also tough. Pocket 10's and J's can also
hurt.

Last edited:
Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
other than the obvious 7-2 ....

i hate hands like J-3 , Q-2 , T-3 etc. . i always cringe when i get such hands

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
least

10 5 is the hand don't like

D

David Gibson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any pocket pair under 10 is my least favorite starting hand. At that point I'd almost rather start with 7-2 off suit than pocket 7s. I just find anytime I have a low pocket pair someone has at least one card over 10 that they pair up with, if not a higher pocket pair to begin with.
Lol. Yes I have this same thing all the time. I used to follow the bad advice to shove with any pocket pair, but I got tired of losing. So now I just try to limp in with anything lower than 10s.
I do like 2 3 or 4 pocket pairs. When you hit the flop it is usually a good hand. And we'll on your way to a full house.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 3 and 2 7 these hands are very difficult to play positively, I almost never raise with them, and in general in poker you can play almost any hand in a positive way due to aggression, you only need a suitable situation

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
95. It makes me think of Dolly Parton and then I start singing the song and then everyone laughs at me.

Its enough to drive you crazy if you let it.

FlushyFab

FlushyFab

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket Jacks !!!! Fk them fish hooks !!!

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting small pairs and suited connectors in a tournament when stacks aren't deep enough to play them.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont have a least favourite hand.

I dont like any card that i think is gonna be a bad choice if i limp or raise, i hate them equally

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Jack, 2 is my worse hand I don't think I've ever won or would of, also it seems like the next few hands are usually bad as well as

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I hate pocket jacks.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
low digits and junk aces..

Least favorite is the low digits, off-suit, unconnected: 24 38 49, etc. Get a lot of the low digit hands. Junk aces are my second to least favorites: A6-9off. Almost every time the ace hits, it's the lack of a kicker that loses the hand for you. But junk aces are very tempting, hard to discard; takes discipline to discard the bullet(ace)..

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A low pair in early position. Great to trap with, but they miss way too often and I just flush away chips.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mediocre hands utg like AJ's or qks they play so poorly from that position. I'm at the point when I just fold them pre.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
7-2 off. Even when it actually hits for me, I still always find a way to lose by the river...

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting small pairs and suited connectors in a tournament when stacks aren't deep enough to play them.

It really depends on the table dynamic, especially small pairs, but overall, those are hands you generally don't want to be putting chips into the pot if in early position. If you're in the Small Blind and everyone has folded to you, then those hands do VERY well against the Big Blind's range.

10 5 is the hand don't like

That's a hand I'm never playing. You can't make a straight with that hand. I am neutral about the hand because it DOES DO so poorly that it's not a hand that's going to ever cost you chips in any game.

Mediocre hands utg like AJ's or qks they play so poorly from that position. I'm at the point when I just fold them pre.

If you're in early position against people that are very capable of 3-betting your opening raise, those hands are so awkward to play. You're almost better having those hands in the blinds, and actually DOING the 3-betting, applying pressure to earlier position raises. Of course, it's also knowing your opponent and how aggressive they are. At that point, the cards almost don't matter because if they're raising a LOT, you can 3-bet them from time to time and pick up chips easily enough.

AJ/KQ hands do tend to cost more money than they make money because of kicker issues.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands