Lady players?

King Cadmus

King Cadmus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I grew up as a gamer and until recently was an avid gamer of MMOs and RTS games. There were very few girls in RTS, more in MMOs.

From what I can tell over months with Poker is there are very few ladies. If there are any here I'm curious to know if you face any stigma or feel like you might be treated differently by people if they find out you play poker, or if you're in a room talking to some other players and they talk to you different.

And why are there so few?

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I grew up as a gamer and until recently was an avid gamer of MMOs and RTS games. There were very few girls in RTS, more in MMOs.

From what I can tell over months with Poker is there are very few ladies. If there are any here I'm curious to know if you face any stigma or feel like you might be treated differently by people if they find out you play poker, or if you're in a room talking to some other players and they talk to you different.

Hi Decimus, and welcome to CardsChat!
(I saw your intro thread, so replying here, instead :))

I have to say you are wrong - here at CC community there are a lot of ladies, and I can tell you that most of them are also very good poker players :cool:

However, let them speak on their behalf :rolleyes:

zulemochka

zulemochka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I also noticed that the girls' players are very few in poker. But it seems to me all because of the fact that the female sex has more worries and responsibilities than the opposite sex. Therefore, many girls can not win any major tournament, only because it takes a lot of time, and we (I, too, the girl) have very little of it.

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Girls are the same people as men)) Some of them are successful and some do not, just like men! I think it's also necessary to treat women if we talk about poker! Often those who do not underestimate girls at poker tables pay for it with their money!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By the fact that, women have less time to play after the home troubles, I can add more. Men are more frivolous in their actions. For them, gambling is like an extra adrenaline in life. Women's brains are aimed at well-being in the family and they are more seriously put to everything.

carli

carli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today, in the 21st century, we are discussing the equal representation between men and women in various areas of life. I personally love educated, intelligent, independent, strong women. Some of them have created better living conditions for the whole of mankind.The women are involved in all segments of the society and achieve outstanding results.Poker is certainly not an exception.

M

Marj651992

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As a female I can say that I don't get treated any differently than the guys I know who play. Times have changed and so has the mentality of people. Women just have less free time especially if they have kids but we are there. You probably play against many women on line without knowing it. They don't all have cute names with girly avatars