KQ Suited is Under rated - Change my mind

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By my opinion K-Q suited is one of the best poker hands. This is one of the hands that whatever happen I never fold before the flop. This hand has a very good equity even against A-K or Q-Q.
This is one of the hands that I play very aggressively before the flop, and I win most of the time.
When this hand comes you feel like a King, you feel unbeatable, exactly like when you receive A-A.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of my favorite hand specially on bounty builders tornament preflop allin, great equity and beats alot of made hands even ACES and KINGS preflop allin. very good defending hand as well and its easy to play.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
KQ suited is a very nice starting hand, but so is king rag suited when an Ace and another card of the same suit get flopped and you need just one more card to have the highest flush.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
could you stop Posting those misleading threads in the 'learning poker' section?!
you are giving your personal opinion without any fundamental analysis or mathematics behind it.

saying 'I win most Hands with KQs' is just bullshit. also saying KQ has good equity vs AK or QQ. People that are new to poker might read this and think it's true, while it's not.

KQs vs AKs = 27.6 % Equity
KQs vs AKo = 29.3 % Equtiy
KQs vs QQ = 34.7 % Equity
Would you say losing 7 out of 10 Hands is 'good equity' ?

So you are kinda dominated in all 3 Scenarios. You basically have 3 Outs for each Hand.
Another reason why KQ is thrash is on a K or Q high flop vs AK or AQ, you are also far behind.
KQs vs AKs
flop K 4 9 (no fd for either one)
13.6% Equity for KQs

KQs is a very strong Hand - your opinion
KQs is overrated and a bad Hand - my opinion
KQ has good equity vs AK or QQ - false as proven above

so stop writing those Things. I report all your threads and hope they get deleted because this is not 'learning poker' :mad:

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You answer to yourself when you say "you are giving your personal opinion". These are my opinions. Nobody forces you or any other person to follow it!
If you don't like my threads, there are too many people likes it. And by reporting my threads you are looking to stop me sharing my opinion with hundreds of my followers! This is egoist from your side. You think your opinion is the best, and you think that any other opinion has to be deleted from this forum!!!!

could you stop Posting those misleading threads in the 'learning poker' section?!
you are giving your personal opinion without any fundamental analysis or mathematics behind it.

saying 'I win most Hands with KQs' is just bullshit. also saying KQ has good equity vs AK or QQ. People that are new to poker might read this and think it's true, while it's not.

So you are kinda dominated in all 3 Scenarios. You basically have 3 Outs for each Hand.
Another reason why KQ is thrash is on a K or Q high flop vs AK or AQ, you are also far behind.
KQs vs AKs
13.6% Equity for KQs

so stop writing those Things. I report all your threads and hope they get deleted because this is not 'learning poker' :mad:

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You answer to yourself when you say "you are giving your personal opinion". These are my opinions. Nobody forces you or any other person to follow it!
If you don't like my threads, there are too many people likes it. And by reporting my threads you are looking to stop me sharing my opinion with hundreds of my followers! This is egoist from your side. You think your opinion is the best, and you think that any other opinion has to be deleted from this forum!!!!

no, I don't think my opinion is best, that's why I don't start threads in the learning poker section giving advice dependent on my personal opinion or Feelings.
Hundreds of followers? sure :D :D

I don't want you to stop Posting your opinon, but your threads are poor Quality Posts and don't belong here. If you post them in the Tournament or cash game section, I don't care. that's a better place to write About a personal opinion. it says 'Discuss strategy related to MTT and STTs here.'
'learning poker' says 'Beginners' corner for basic questions, general strategy and anything related to learning poker.'
you admit that it's your personal opinion, and your personal opinion should not be part of the learning section because by Posting here, you kinda force others to read them and your Posts have very poor Quality....

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

KQs vs AKs
13.6% Equity for KQs

Thank you sooooo much, I would have used only 4 letter words for this :p
but please don't be so harsh, it's difficult to post 75 "QUALITY" posts in that short of time :p
Remember:we've been there, we've been doing this :bandit:

Ygtszksn

Ygtszksn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

KQs vs AKs
13.6% Equity for KQs

:congrats:

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KQ suited is a very nice starting hand, but it is much better in live games than online

giraug

giraug

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KQ suited is a good starting hand depending on which stage of the tournament you are.
At the start of any tournament this wouldnt be so good, but when few players are left its a good starting hand.
In cash tables its risky to play this hand specially if you think its a strong hand.

Definetely the post is not to be in "Learning Poker" Section.

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

KQs vs AKs
13.6% Equity for KQs

I agree with this post 100%. KQ is a overrated hand suited or not. To say it has a bunch of equity against the hands you said is absolutely ridiculous talk. You should probably learn poker a bit more before posting such jargon. Horrible post, it should be removed, just a bunch of non-sense from someone who over values mediocre hands.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When sent the rail on this hand, all I can think is, damn went out on KQ suited. I'm not as optimistic as the OP with this hand.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
i honestly dont get it , from not posting anything anything from 2015 to now posting threads like women are bad to poker and now seeing this that KQ has good equity vs AK and QQ ? i must say damn wtf , there are new poker players here that really want to learn from our forum like i did when i first joined here and this misleading thread is really not helping them , please if you are looking to make theads with comments or a lot of comments you can use soccer , NBA , any other subject but please avoid missleading threads that some new players might read and try to learn from!!!!! and for you too try to learn from this forum as there is many crucials lessons to lean from , as long as you believe KQ has the same equity as AK and QQ you wont get far in this game...

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i honestly dont get it , from not posting anything anything from 2015 to now posting threads like women are bad to poker and now seeing this that KQ has good equity vs AK and QQ ? i must say damn wtf , there are new poker players here that really want to learn from our forum like i did when i first joined here and this misleading thread is really not helping them , please if you are looking to make theads with comments or a lot of comments you can use soccer , NBA , any other subject but please avoid missleading threads that some new players might read and try to learn from!!!!! and for you too try to learn from this forum as there is many crucials lessons to lean from , as long as you believe KQ has the same equity as AK and QQ you wont get far in this game...

Could not have said it better myself.

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to respectfully and thoroughly disagree. I think that KQs is overrated.

AK and AQ, suited or not, CRUSH KQs. And many players will flat call, in a raised pot, with these hands (especially AQ). Thus, your Top Pair (Kings), Queen kicker; or Top Pair (Queens), King kicker, may very well be out kicked.

And, you mentioned QQ. I have to disagree that 3 outs is "good equity".

And, against ANY Ace, even A2o, you are an underdog.

On to the suited aspect. KQs affords you the opportunity for a King-high Flush; not an Ace-high Flush. And many players play Aces. And the same goes for the connector aspect; an Ace-high straight beats you.

AA, KK, AK(s), QQ, AQ(s) smash KQs, hands down. I would prefer AJ(s), ATs, and any pocket pair or suited connector (above 34s), in early position. KQs does not have much value, compared to the aforementioned hands, when it's not in late position, in pot with a very small number of players.

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a position on your knees praying for a killer flop I would assume (and you know what happens when you assume). :D

Good Luck all! :)

Yep, and even Top Pair, King/Queen kicker, is not one of those flops.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depending on stack size, position, etc, kqs could be strong. if you're talking in generalities,then you need to educate yourself more and at a minimum play around with a hands calculator

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have a friend that say something about AK that applies to KQ. "It's like a house on the beach. When hasn't sun, it doesnt worth for anything".

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By my opinion K-Q suited is one of the best poker hands. This is one of the hands that whatever happen I never fold before the flop. This hand has a very good equity even against A-K or Q-Q.
Very good equity? :confused::hmmmm2::banghead: