To know and not display action..

U

Unbustable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello fellow enthusiasts!

Just wondering how many of you know exactly what action you are going to make when it becomes your time to act but will always take the same amount of time from your bank before you make any kind of action? Like counting to 30 or something...

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually know what action I will take within a few seconds. I do not use timebank unless it is required.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In some hands I know exactly from the beginning how I will act and here I mean that I will fold a hand 9 2 and I will not wait for 15 - 30 seconds to act, it would seem a lack of respect towards the other players, but at a K 10 hand in the small blind I do not know exactly how to act until my turn comes and I see what bets have been made before me ... I use my extra time only when I really need it.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I try to use the same amount of time for each hand played. This is easy when playing online as you can watch your timer / timeline. I will choose the amount of time to keep my actions from becoming an easy tell. I let the timer run down to 10 seconds whether I have A,A or 7,2.

I see many players will immediately fold weak hands and countdown their strong hands.

I may use this timing as a bluff later in a tournament.

If I'm playing 4 or more tables at once, I tend to just play the hand as soon as it is my turn.

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand the notion of thinking you might give off a tell, so if you consistent with your tells when you have a hand or don't then a person cant read you, or might make a misread.

Tells don't really mean much. Players don't harp on it as much as you think they do. It's all about feel and constructing a range. Just keep playing your game, and be self aware with your game. You unlock lessons as you keep playing.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
IMO time tells are the only tells a player can give in online games. For example if you open jam and a player behind snap calls you then you know he holds a top range hand.That makes the players after the snap caller to have an easier decision.

There are also some programs which indicates how long it takes villain to act , have seen in on Twitch , I don't know the name of the program though.

Personally I try to play the hands not in a rush , that always used to lead me to poor and costly plays in the near past!I always take my time in marginal spots , I don't mean that I use all of my time bar in order to act or open fold , that's silly!

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends. sometimes i act very fast, sometimes very slow. when im acting fast its always at the same pace, the same when i act slow, i always use the same amount of time. is it getting close to the buble, i usually take longer to act. but it dependes if im short stack or have a good amount of chips.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually, it takes me 5-8 seconds to make a decision. And I almost never use my time bank. But I play no more than two tables at a time.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it seems to me that the main and most of the bets can be done without hesitation.For a long time and I think those who want to taunt the enemy,or bluffing.And only a small part of the players have a very strong hand.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon friend. Certainly not giving monitorable action signals at the tables corresponds to hiding hand strength or bluffing.:)