Knocks on the table

greenokom

greenokom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Customary dealer knocks on the table before the flop. Why is this happening? Where does the custom?
I've also seen players win/ lose treated the same way, knocks two-three times, What's up with that? :(

Vollycat

Vollycat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dealer will do it to signify the next card is coming. Some may even say betting closed for that street and we are onto the next 'round'.

Players will do it to signify 'good/nice hand'. A player may also knock the table when someone is all-in and to wish the all-in player good luck.

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So thats what that means.. I've seen it so much but never put thought into the reason. I always just kind of figured the dealer taps the table to signify the pot is right.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's really annoying when I see players do it whether they win/lose LOL.

I just laugh & look the other way. Not sure why it's annoying to me lol but it is :confused:

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's for when the table has woodworm. Doesn't do anything just annoys the little critters

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When dealers do it, it signifies that all action on that betting round has been completed - note that they'll do it before they deal the turn and river as well.

When players do it at the end of a hand it's just the equivalent of typing "nh" online.

fstpmper

fstpmper

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the info on that. Interesting tidbit.