xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey gang,

I went through a stretch where I was not able to play poker for 3 weeks. When I did get into a game, I played terribly. This seems to happen to me semi-frequently because of my hectic schedule and case load (for those of you who don't frequent my posts, I am a lawyer...and your friendly neighborhood Spiderman) I have to be away from the game for weeks and sometimes months on end. When I come back from these stretches, it seems to take me a few games before I am back in form.

Any suggestions on how to dive back in and not play like sh** quicker?

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe it’s not so bad idea to watch a couple of poker videos or even a stream just to sharpen your senses, it helps me tho ;)

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is best to play a couple of rounds sit&go. A limited number of opponents and the movement of a finite number of chips will calmly evaluate the game. less emotion than in a quick change tournament or cash game

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play thinking about your hand and the hands that your opponent could have, and do not hurry to make a move (check-call-raise-push-fold).
Choose strong hands when you are out of position and as you have more position, expand your range of preflop hands.
Regards.

fickleberry

fickleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are playing your best game, write down notes for yourself. Then after a while, when things are "off" you can read your own notes and see what you are doing differently.

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I choose all bro activity, it takes a while to reinsert, get used to and settle in, my advice is that your first games when resuming poker activity is with low cost entries, then as you level up you can and increase the entry.