which kind of hand would you rather lose?

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you HAD to pick one way to lose a hand in which you went into the flop way ahead, would you rather lose:

Something like AA vs. QQ, and the other person hits a 2 outter.

or

Something like AK vs. A7 and the person hits two pairs?

I lost AK/AQ vs. A9/A7 twice tonight and AK vs. QQ last night (I hit the A on the flop and the other person called me all in but hit a 2 outter on the turn)

I must say I rather lose the second way because at least the other person had a legit hand.

Both of the other hands I mentioned the other guy called a big raise out of position and somehow nails the person cards.

S

slicky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
id rather lose to a 3 outer then a 2 outer

2 outers piss me off it just seems like a setup everytime you have AA vs a lower pocket pair and you lose over and over and over.

the old action=rake conspiracy

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes u face a lucky donk and lose at one moment with AA to a smaller pair. I myself do not like to loose to a 3 outer or a 2 outer raising out of position cose i know i played better and lost.
But the biggest frustration i have is when i raise like hell with the best hand to scare the draws, someone (a 2 outer )is following me and hits his card on the river even if he know i am tight agressive. Example hero KK : flop 7 3 2. I raise pot villain calls. Turn is 8. I raise 1/2 pot villain calls. River is 10. ( I knew he had a pair but a small cance it was small pocket pair cose he was tight and medium stack and i reraised him preflop )I went all in (4-5 blinds ) , he called and showed me 10 10. I turned off the computer and went to sleep because i didn't wanted to throw the computer out of the window :D

B

bubonicplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol it's not like you can control this at all. No real point in discussing which you would rather have happen lol. My answer though is the same though since I lose the same amount of money either way.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'd rather lose after flopping the nut straight & then getting all the money in on the turn as a 75% fav. and then lose to a boat on the river! (hmm.. sounds like HU in today's CC tourney, lol).
Doesn't really matter how I lose... it sucks either way. Knowing you got it in while way ahead is okay though.... seeing as it's the only thing you have control over.

oh yah... I'd rather lose AA v QQ to a 2-outer... instead of some donkey hand lucking out on ya. At least w the guy's QQ they got it in good.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd rather pay off the yahoo with the ace rag. I mean the QQ vs AA is just a cooler. But the AK<A7 is just bad play. When these guys hit it just encourages them to keep making these bad plays. Which in turn will make you money in the long run.

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd rather pay off the yahoo with the ace rag. I mean the QQ vs AA is just a cooler. But the AK<A7 is just bad play. When these guys hit it just encourages them to keep making these bad plays. Which in turn will make you money in the long run.

+1

For a sec I thought I was the only sane one.

The OP is pretty much saying, "I rather play with a good player, who has a better chance at taking my money than a donk does".

:elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1

For a sec I thought I was the only sane one.

The OP is pretty much saying, "I rather play with a good player, who has a better chance at taking my money than a donk does".

:elefant: :elefant: :elefant:
Yes cose i might face the good player some other time and pay back. The donk will loose my money to someone else:))

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont reli matter what way i lose really all the same to me.but if i have to pick i would say i would be more pissed at the 2 outer than the 3 :)

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i rather lose to anything but a bluff, thats why i go to showdown too often.

JCuervo

JCuervo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd rather not lose at all, kind of defeats the purpose. If I were to have to lose, it would be to a hand which had me dominated from the start.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad beats and getting out drawn are tough with what ever in your hand. Guess if your going down, rather have AA.

T

TroyVanz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
last night on poker hills, just finished work , hit the dollar tourny, first hand, 10 10. small raise b4 me, called, q 10 3 came. big bet before me, i raised, a call perso next to me and other person called. 1 person had nothing, i had trip 10's and other guy had queens for trip queens.

E

Ecomdan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i prefer to lose when i know i got my money in as a favorite to win... like i have an overpair or set or better vs a draw. yeah it really hurts when your made hands get drawn out on and lose but thats just poker.

B

BigBelle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like some of the previous posters, I would rather be playing against someone who plays too many hands and is willing to risk a lot with a raggedy ace than some schmo who got lucky with another PP. I would just hope the fish would stay long enough for me to win my money back.

XPOKERCHIC

XPOKERCHIC

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I rather lose when I am behind from the start. QQ vs AA, or something like that. I hate losing when I am way ahead and the miracle out comes to shut me down. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. X

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the guy's shortstacked and all in I'd take the A7 hand. If I'm shortstacked with AA and lose to QQ then the game is rigged...well not really but that's what I'll fume about for a couple days.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The hand you would rather lose really depends on the pot. How much is a stake? that is the question.

Shouldn't be bumping nearly year old threads....

But since I'm here, I'll give an answer to the original question: neither :D

M

megl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try hard to be happy when I play those hands correctly and get it in with the best hand... suckouts happen but it's +EV over time... I'm getting better and better at just smiling at the bad beats, knowing that in the long run these guys pay my profits :)

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gday, I was just thinking about this yesterday.

Im getting to point where every hand im the strongest in, my opponent ends up completing his hand by showdown, but, im also on a major downswing ATM.

I have tried almost everything to change the fact, with no avail. ATM, ive resorted to freerolling it. Im not throwing money at the tables if this problem is constantly happening.

These outs are more painfull if its happening in consecutive hands, and I would prefer to LOSE my AA to a QQ over A/K v A/7 anyday, especially if the A/7 is offsuit, that hurts.

Still Grinding Away.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does not matter if you win or lose. Its how you got to that position that matters.

bredstik

bredstik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think what makes me the most angry is when I clearly outplayed the other guy, I'm WAY ahead when the cards are revealed, and my opponent gets rewarded with a ridiculous river or runner runner.

I don't mind as much if I got outplayed, but just hate when the guy who was outplayed gets rewarded.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id rather lose to A,7 over my A,K it's not as painful and this would only happen to me at late stage where I'm having to calling someones low stack so it's kind of a legit reason them pushing and they just get lucky.

I don't like having a high pocket pair and someone hitting a two outter, it's sooo annoying when you know you're getting it in better and they hit their trips. Then again, it's a very nice feeling when you get it in bad and hit your 2 outter lol.

C

crow27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would rather stab myself in the ear with an ice pick than lose to a donkey that gets it in bad. But if I did that, I'd be deaf by now. I HATE to lose any hand, but if I lose, I would hope it would be because of something I did wrong instead of villian sucking out.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands