K10 or 88?

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also have the impression that KT is better than 88. I always believe that the higher cards give me more chances to win the hand that is in play.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I lean towards the pair of 88 because KT is a very glassy hand or confusing !! regards

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think I would stick with the K10. Although the 8s are a lot to come on the flop. What do you think?

Hi.
There are different cards on the flop, including eights and kings and tens. But I would prefer pocket eights. I think this is a more promising option.
Good luck.

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I would stick with the K10. Although the 8s are a lot to come on the flop. What do you think?

Even if it's an AK there is a chance that none of them will make a pair, so I would stick with that pair of 88 so you can make a lot of things like a tric, a full house, poker, straight, it's much better to play it passively.

D

duck_uggs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this K10 vs 88 only or are you asking against different ranges? If it's K10 vs 88, I pick 88. If it's vs ranges, then I pick 88 unless against super tight ranges like 1010+, AK.

Last edited:
Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the snowmen (88) better :) However, KT has more post-flop playability. Post flop, KT also has more outs to improve - the pocket pair can basically just catch another 8 and there are only two of those unaccounted for.

I'll still take 88 though; "much" better All-In power when short-stacked shoving too :D

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Asking pockets vs over pairs which is the better is not a big idea, as you can see, you 'll have the same 54.5% - 45.5% to start with.

My idea is to put these cards into actions, positions, and it will be more interesting to see how others range can be described.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
K10 does way better than 88 2 over cards tent to hit them usually so 6 outs againts 2 basically and a few straight combos can be hit

so i would take 10K always they do much better overal :)