Joe Hachem

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Joe H. one of the better recent wsop main event winners, right up there with greg raymer.

G

guy incognito

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im an aussie - and that ozi, ozi, ozi thing is just embarrasing. I think you'll find most aussies agree.

I watched him play a wsop final (don't know which one) and he was most disrespectful of a "relative newcomer" to the circuit and was arrogant and trying to throw his weight around, but pulled his head in when the said target had half his stack.

seems like a smart-arse to me, but now plays poker for a living, so i guess i'm jealous now as well!

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone who criticizes Hachem's poker skills, or thinks he was just lucky needs to get a clue. He has had tons of success sine his ME win, including PAD, WPT, and deep runs in the ME and other tournaments.
Say what you want about his personality and whether or not like him, but his ability at the poker table is undeniable.
Even Danial Negreanu (everyone's favorite calling station) thinks so: read his comments here.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Joe Hachem he seems a genuine 'as on screen' type of person

As for Aussie Aussie Aussie - its not his or Australian

Max Boyce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

'As such, he was rarely seen on stage in his early years without a Welsh rugby beanie and scarf, and a leek or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daffodildaffodil. Boyce is often credited with popularising the originally- Cornish "Oggy Oggy Oggy" chant amongst Welsh rugby supporters, having used this cry to excite his concert audiences throughout his rise to stardom in the 1970s.'

skd1337

skd1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really rate JH highly. I think he is a fantastic player and fun. I feel he is better than raymer (although I rate Raymer)

Just out of interest Varkoni (sp?) is the worst ever, I actually hate that guy.

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They know

'As such, he was rarely seen on stage in his early years without a Welsh rugby beanie and scarf, and a leek or daffodil. Boyce is often credited with popularising the originally- Cornish "Oggy Oggy Oggy" chant amongst Welsh rugby supporters, having used this cry to excite his concert audiences throughout his rise to stardom in the 1970s.'[/quote]

They know this. It's an adaptation from a song like most football chants.

skd1337

skd1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the oi oi oi thing was also really popular with the 70/80 punk bands i think?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the oi oi oi thing was also really popular with the 70/80 punk bands i think?

Oi had its own subset of punk - but I'm pretty sure you'll find the Aussie Aussie Aussie chant has little if anything to do with it.

It's something you shout at football matches or whatever, don't bother reading too much into it - because gawd knows we don't :p

And for the record, Aussie is pronounced excactly the same way as Ozzy Osbourne's first name :D

PokerProBetZip

PokerProBetZip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is because he is not as good a player as he thinks he is !!!

He is not in the same class as the likes of Brunson, Harrington, Negrano to name but a few.

Like Jamie Gold, he happened to hit his cards to win the main event, and gl to him with that.

The only player to win the main event over the past 5 years that I think is a quality player was Greg Raymer. Just my opinion :)

WRONG. He hit his cards like everyone does but Joe Hachem also won consistently after the Main Event.
Take a look at these Records:As of 2007, his total live tournament winnings exceed $10,400,000.[3] He is only the second poker player, after Jamie Gold, to have career earnings of over $10 million.[4]
Hachem won "world series of poker Champions II" on NBC's Poker After Dark on a table consisting of Main Event winners Doyle Brunson, Greg Raymer, Jamie Gold, Huck Seed and Johnny Chan whom he defeated heads up to win $120,000.

The Victorian Championships
Event #13 - No Limit Hold'em 3rd $49,205 Aug 2, 20072007 Crown Aussie Millions Championship
Event #9 - No Limit Hold'em Championship 23rd $45,560 Jan 19, 2007 Bellagio Five Diamond World Poker Classic / WPT Event Season 5
WPT No Limit Hold'em Championship Doyle Brunson North American Classic 1st $2,182,075 Dec 19, 2006
37th Annual World Series of Poker
Event #29 - WSOP Pot Limit Hold'em 4th $90,482 Jul 19, 2006

withawedge

withawedge

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At least Joe knows that a pair of Jacks does not beat a straight.

Unlike his brother :confused:

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WRONG. He hit his cards like everyone does but Joe Hachem also won consistently after the Main Event.
Take a look at these Records:As of 2007, his total live tournament winnings exceed $10,400,000.[3] He is only the second poker player, after Jamie Gold, to have career earnings of over $10 million.[4]
Hachem won "World Series of Poker Champions II" on NBC's Poker After Dark on a table consisting of Main Event winners Doyle Brunson, Greg Raymer, Jamie Gold, Huck Seed and Johnny Chan whom he defeated heads up to win $120,000.

The Victorian Championships
Event #13 - No Limit Hold'em 3rd $49,205 Aug 2, 20072007 Crown Aussie Millions Championship
Event #9 - No Limit Hold'em Championship 23rd $45,560 Jan 19, 2007 Bellagio Five Diamond World Poker Classic / WPT Event Season 5
WPT No Limit Hold'em Championship Doyle Brunson North American Classic 1st $2,182,075 Dec 19, 2006
37th Annual World Series of Poker
Event #29 - WSOP Pot Limit Hold'em 4th $90,482 Jul 19, 2006

amazing post....

you told him!!!

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't like Hachem but I don't think I've ever denied he's a great player (And if I did, it was in my uber-donkey days). So personality wise, and ambassador wise, I don't like him, but he does deserve his spoils by far, and a bit more.

C

cajinstorm

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Joe Hachem is one of my favorite players! he just looks so damn intimidating.

R

rileygotwitz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
wow, um joes hachem, is a great player with great instincts. Now how yall even compare him to brunson and negreano and hellmuth, well your crazy, his career has been 2 years, give him some time see what happens before you criticize him. The biggest joke of all is that gold guy, he plays off of stuppidity and regards his plays as amazing, watch him, someone calls him down hes liek wow, "great call", um your a moron gold!

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But his career has been even shorter than Hachem's - you don't think we should give Jamie Gold the benefit of the doubt too? :D

PokerProBetZip

PokerProBetZip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually consider Jamie Gold to be one of the best. I guess he hasn't really accomplished anything yet.. NOT! He beat the largest field in WSOP history. That aint dumb luck. The only hands you see of all the pros are the ones they want you to see. Every hand Jamie Gold won was under scrutiny. Cut him some slack. He doesn't really care. He is 12 mil richer. And he KNOWS he is a great player. He also cashed at the ESOP ME. Hes going to be a good one.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, dumb luck has an awful lot to do with winning in a field that big...

I 100% agree with this!!!

I have always said, when ever I win or place high in the cash, I can think back to at least one hand where I was way behind. You know the kind, pushing with KK and hitting someone with AA :eek: then hitting the K on the river, Pushing a short stack all in with my AhKs. He turns his AA - I hit my flush on the river!!!

This obviously makes up for the bad beats you take.

In any walk of life, IMO, the difference between success and failure is a very fine line!!!

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gold did have lady luck on his side, that's for sure, but I also give him some credit for using his huge stack and his table talk to un-nerve the other players. So many players laid down the better hand to him for no other reason than they were intimidated.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Are you his agent???

An opinion can`t be WRONG, its an opinion (Note how I finished my post `Just my opinion :)`)

So, to keep you right, you can disagree with an opinion, but you can`t say an opinion is wrong ;)

You state that `He is only the second poker player, after Jamie Gold, to have career earnings of over $10 million.` So I take it that it follows that Jamie Gold is the best player in the World?

Last edited:
R

rileygotwitz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched the final table, jamie gold was an awful player who puts a bad perspective to look at for other players. Showing his cards and discussing his hands. His moves are not good, as you saw at the final table if you watched the pro and others learned his mistakes and he was fooling no one, but yes, i will give him a year or two to see what happens.

Dotde

Dotde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm one of those who doesn't like Hachem all that much. He's good, I'll give him that. But he isn't great. He thinks he's great. But he isn't. His ego appears to have hit the atmosphere since his ME win in '05. He complains about every beat, and doesn't acknowledge when he gets lucky. To me he's the Australian version of Phil Hellmouth.

Like most everyone else though, I'd take Joe Hachem over Jamie Gold any day.

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You state that `He is only the second poker player, after Jamie Gold, to have career earnings of over $10 million.` So I take it that it follows that Jamie Gold is the best player in the World?[/quote]

Well, it depends, but I guess if you are using career earnings as the barometer then it would have to be yes! :p

x_Tac_x

x_Tac_x

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aussie Joe

He's a cocky Aussie but he's ok.