Joe Hachem

narizblanco

narizblanco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi y'all, I watched the replay Wednesday night of the world poker tour event at the Bellagio won by the former world series main event champ Joe Hachem. For some reason he just chaps my butt. I don't know exactly why I dislike him so much. Does anyone share this opinion. Please comment. Thanks

xtreme_calibur

xtreme_calibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi y'all, I watched the replay Wednesday night of the world poker tour event at the Bellagio won by the former world series main event champ Joe Hachem. For some reason he just chaps my butt. I don't know exactly why I dislike him so much. Does anyone share this opinion. Please comment. Thanks
is it because he overuses the phrase "pass tha suga"? or maybe cuz he looks like Batista? or maybe its just that ozy ozy ozy oy oy oy jibberish...

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is because he is not as good a player as he thinks he is !!!

He is not in the same class as the likes of Brunson, Harrington, Negrano to name but a few.

Like Jamie Gold, he happened to hit his cards to win the main event, and gl to him with that.

The only player to win the main event over the past 5 years that I think is a quality player was Greg Raymer. Just my opinion :)

Last edited:
ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. Dont like him either. its the ozzie thing 4 sure!!!!!

Ronaldadio - Greg is Great!!

withawedge

withawedge

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally like JH.

He has proved since winning the ME that he is here to stay.

Last year at the wsop he was desperately unlucky not to win 2 bracelets when he was sucked out on, plus wining the WPT shows him to be a champ.

:)

Q

quads

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally like JH.

Last year at the WSOP he was desperately unlucky not to win 2 bracelets when he was sucked out on, plus wining the WPT shows him to be a champ.

No doubt he has game, but you forgot to mention all the suck outs he had to get that far.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
put 1$ at betting for him that he was gonna win 2007..of course he didnt!

Sry m8, don`t know what u mean !!!

Unless u mean You put a $1 bet on him to win ME 2007 ???

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you look at Joe before he was the champ he has changed till now.....I think he is a lot more cocky and thinks he i way too good....i mean he is doing better than some(moneymaker) but he just needs to be humble and try to to do even better. I don't like the new Joe where's the old Joe

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
is it because he overuses the phrase "pass tha suga"? or maybe cuz he looks like Batista? or maybe its just that ozy ozy ozy oy oy oy jibberish...

Leave Joe alone he has done wonders for the poker scene here in Australia, There was hardly anywhere to play poker here live now it is everywhere. And By the way it is
Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi:p
Get it right,Please.:D

xtreme_calibur

xtreme_calibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Leave Joe alone he has done wonders for the poker scene here in Australia, There was hardly anywhere to play poker here live now it is everywhere. And By the way it is
Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi:p
Get it right,Please.:D
if thats the correct pronunciation, joe needs to work on it. Zs arent S's and it sounds nothing like you have said when joe chants it. CRIKE!...M8.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
he was originally from Lebanon, he's almost got the accent, SS here is pronounced z
and it's Crikey
P.S love the sig

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally like JH.

Last year at the WSOP he was desperately unlucky not to win 2 bracelets when he was sucked out on, plus wining the WPT shows him to be a champ.

Don't forget, he also won a poker after dark event playing some of those other world champs he's being compared unfavorably to in this thread. He is not a Moneymaker or a Gold. The man has proven with mutiple WSOP final tables, deep finishes in other events, and of course that WPT title that he is the real deal. Like him or not, the man can throw down some cards.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He also won the WSOP Tournament of Champions and had a bunch of cashes at the Aussie Millions playing against the likes of Team Full Tilt

Maybe it's a particular Australian sense of humour or something, or maybe it's just misplaced patriotism (which we're not generally all that big on, BTW) but I'm a fan.

I think he's better than some give him credit for in his chosen games (NLHE, PLO, from memory - think he's said in interviews he's not much for limit or lowball games).

So if you wanna talk annoying Aussie players, then I reckon you're barking up the wrong tree. Unless you've forgotten that we're also responsible for Tony G :p

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Listen, we Americans have the world Phil Helmuth and Mike Matasow. I'm not about to talk about annoying players from any where else in the world...

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just seen him

After taking an enforced (but needed!!) break from online poker for a week, I had the opportunity to catch some TV poker on ESPN who were showing highlights programmes of the WSOP ME. Just so happens that Hachem and N'Guyen were the main feature players on the day 1 coverage that I watched and it was the first time I'd seen Hachem. He was playing on a table of amateurs and was mega-aggressive, perhaps over-aggressive considering he was holding worse hands on most occassions than his opponents and although he forced them off them a lot of times, a lot of the gains he made doing this were wasted by making big raises at wrong times that were called and that cost him large portions of his stack.

In the end he limped through Day one with a lucky suckout against amateur holding AA that went like this. Amateur raises BB to 1200 with A A, Hachem has A K and re-raises pf to 3000, amateur pushes all-in which forced Hachem all-in to call, he looked pretty resigned to defeat but then the flop came down 10 J Q. Unbelievable. He was quite humourous at times but I can see why people can take a dislike to him as he is a real poor loser whenever he loses a pot, also is definitely a bit full of himself and no-one likes to see that unless its done with a bit of style, charisma and class that he lacks.

Btw, I think Tony G. is great. Some of the You Tube vids of him are just hilarious. I would definitely rather be on a table with Joe than Tony!

xtreme_calibur

xtreme_calibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he was originally from Lebanon, he's almost got the accent, SS here is pronounced z
and it's Crikey
P.S love the sig
LOL you auZZies think you know everything! well i tip my hat to ya for knowing the correct spelling of C-R-I-K-E-Y!:D :D

T

thasauce7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is actually a good player that gets sucked out on alot. Watch the events he played at the WS last year, he got sucked out on a lot to lose. His mechanics were decent, however I haven't seen him play as of late.

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think trying to lump Joe in the same class as J Gold and Moneymaker is doing him a HUGE disservice. I think He got game. He followed his 05 win with a very deep run n the ME of 2006, and had a great record at the 06 WSOP in general, has a WPT title to his credit. Like him or no, the man can play.

For a discussion of his most excellent TV commercials, go here: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/community-hangout-4/hachem-gecko-investigative-report-90636/

Last edited:
Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
LOL you auZZies think you know everything! well i tip my hat to ya for knowing the correct spelling of C-R-I-K-E-Y!:D :D

It's wasnt meant as a spelling lesson it was for the pronounciation,
CRIKE Vs CRIKEY big difference. ;) :D
:p P.S. im the last person to try and teach people how to spell sorry if i was abrupt.:p

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe it's because he can't look at the river so he runs over to his wife like a sissy? Or the obviously re-staged ozy ozy ozy after he wins the main event, on espn, when he's looking into the camera like an ass?

Last edited:
royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I seriously just finished watching that about 5 minutes ago on my DVR

i thought he played extremely well and hes pretty funny

only thing i dont like about him is that he complains quite a bit which is not a good characteristic of a poker player even though most of us possess it.

D

dodoDVKE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i say give him his dues.... he's done wonders for the game in aussie. an this is coming from a kiwi. the games takin off in new zealand now aswell so give him the respect he deserves. if you have a WSOP win under your belt comment if not wise up:D :D :D

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I give Hachem less respect than Varkonyi because of his complaining. It's one thing to be lucky and win the ME, but to dodge something like 8k people, (Skill<Luck) then turn into a whiner is another. It could be worse, if you're name is Jamie Gold.