OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More Jerry Yang awesomeness, from a few hours ago in the $2K NLHE event:

Yang History

World Champion Jerry Yang opened the betting on this particular hand, making it 1,000 to skate. J.C. Tran put in a reraise to 3,000, and another player moved all in behind them from the cutoff for a total of 6,800. Yang was covered by the bet, and he and Tran both called. The cards were turned up:

Yang:
as.gif
7s.gif

Tran:
kx.gif
kx.gif

Cutoff:
ax.gif
kx.gif

The board ran out
5h.gif
3s.gif
8c.gif
9s.gif
9c.gif
. Tran's kings held up, and he took care of two players, including last year's Main Event champion.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did he say "6, please jesus, let me suck out" or was that only for the big money? That was great scene last year where hu 2 players had families asking for gods intervention with cards already shuffled. Maybe i just don't understand miracles...

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
eI agree with switch's (Neo), theory that this hand, wasn't really a cooler, as the word suggests is an unescapable fate of cards, and usually pretains to only monster hands, boat over boat, quad over quad and so forth and so on, that's a cooler this more or less looks like a guy trying to buy the pot, besides ask yourself what is he doing in the hand, with k7 in the first place?

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
besides ask yourself what is he doing in the hand, with k7 in the first place?

Well it was the first hand of the tourney. But as shown from his moves in the $2K NL, he obviously has an afflection for x-7.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hands like that really, really reinforce the impression that he was just a luckbox donkey last year.

The K7 one OK, he got a big piece of the board, however he managed to get into the hand.

But the A7 one? He's open raising with ace-rag, for what must have been about 20% of his stack, then calling for all his chips after two more raises. About all there is to say is... :eek:

wayschaff

wayschaff

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
please jesus let jerry yang not make it to any final table this year. dear lord baby jesus. let him not suckout again like he did the whole time he was at the final table in the 2007 ME. if he makes bad plays jesus punish him and make it known that he really does suck like jamie gold.

tnt72

tnt72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:D Has Jamie Gold won or made the money since he won.I know hes pretty good at making an ass of himself:eek:

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:D Has Jamie Gold won or made the money since he won.I know hes pretty good at making an ass of himself:eek:

Can't remember if he cashed in anything last year or not - he's played a few events so far this year, don't think there's any cashes yet. Mostly middle-field finishes.

He's lasted longer than Yang each time though :p

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wayschaff

wayschaff

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jamie gold just got in it good for an extremely long time. imo he didnt really have the skill alone to win. lady luck was most definately on his side.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yang - I guess the lord has deserted him :p

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
jamie gold just got in it good for an extremely long time. imo he didnt really have the skill alone to win. lady luck was most definately on his side.

Actually... I dunno. He's obviously not the greatest player in the world, and I don't know if even he'd claim that he was. But I re-watched the '06 series recently and I've gotta give him at least a little bit of credit. He obviously thinks about the way he plays the game and approaches it with some kind of plan (let's ignore the fact that his plan often involved bending the rules).

Compared to Jerry "I bet two million, I call with ace-high" Yang, Gold is actually a pretty solid player.

On other World Series matters, how in hell was the $10K mixed games championship not won by someone from the Big Game?!? :p

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On other World Series matters, how in hell was the $10K mixed games championship not won by someone from the Big Game?!? :p

Maybe this is why (via Doyle's blog on CardPlayer):

After two days of playing, I went out twenty-first in the mixed games event. I think I played as well as I possibly could have but when the antes and blinds keep going up, you have to have a sustained rush and I went card dead. Of course I won't mention the one-outer Hold'Em pot I lost and the K-K-K I caught in a huge razz hand. But that's poker and just because you have pains, you don't have to be one.

Just to show you the difference, I played 17 hours in two days and got back $16,000 for beating 170 players. Take back my $10,000 buy-in and that means I made $400 an hour. That's not much when you see the money flowing through the cash games that are around during the WSOP. Of course, the flip side is I had a good shot at my eleventh bracelet and a good payday.

WSOP