Jeff Gross (Poker Pro) - Ask Me Anything!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

CardsChat Pro/Twitch Partnered Streamer
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy to you and Emilia Jeff, it's an amazing feeling I was lucky enough to experience twice, cherish the time you all spend together, they grow up far too quickly!
Yes! Thank you so much. I can imagine & already I see him growing!

R

rproctor5076

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that is awesome jeff would u say u played a lot of micro if u have under 50

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow :eek::D and back here already, amazing dedication sir :D
that makes for a great daddy too, wishing you and yours a great life.

: ) Thank you again for the kind words!

happy to hear that advice as I've been considering adding that to my range for a long time.
I get beat by it so often even with premium hands that it started to look better.
of course, I play it in the right circumstances but won't be ramping that up now:)

: ) Thank you again for the kind words!

T

TexasErn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pro Poker

I just went to Twitch and watched you playing poker.You went from 1.3 mil to over 4 mil on one hand. Was hat real money? Blows my mind.:)

C

CBMW1969

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations to you and your wife Jeff! Parenthood rocks!:)

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that is awesome jeff would u say u played a lot of micro if u have under 50
What do you consider Micros? I use to play lot of $22/$33 mtt and .25/.50 online when I started out!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just went to Twitch and watched you playing poker.You went from 1.3 mil to over 4 mil on one hand. Was hat real money? Blows my mind.:)
Hey! Thank you for the support; That must be a tournament! I do play for real money; those are chips not cash though!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow :eek::D and back here already, amazing dedication sir :D
that makes for a great daddy too, wishing you and yours a great life.

happy to hear that advice as I've been considering adding that to my range for a long time.
I get beat by it so often even with premium hands that it started to look better.
of course, I play it in the right circumstances but won't be ramping that up now:)
Awesome! Yes get your ranges locked in clean pre flop! This will help a lot

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff,
Im a beginning player just starting to improve. Ive been playing online since the end of January. Im studying a lot. I am about to win $100 tournament money at pokerstars School for the monthly Initiation Tournament Leaderboard. I do ok but not great in small field tournaments, but not so good in large field or ring games. What would be your suggestion on how I should play my T$100.
Ive never deposited and dont plan to so I need to pick my stakes and games carefully. I have $105 spread between 3 other sites from freerolls. So I will use your suggestions with that money too. So far Ive just been playing freerolls and $.10 ..360 player SnGs. Ive had limited success with those.
Any suggestions will be welcomed as to what stakes and games as well as any information as to the best places for info to further my studies.
Thanks in advance.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats! Babies give us a new and different outlook on the world, at least mine has for me. Congrats!

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In what way could we change the game of poker, to consequently remove some of the variance without hurting the game itself?

Consequently remove variance?
Grab a dictionary- or use the internet- cause books with pages ...
They're heavy.
Dry.
Wet? jeez!

What are the consequences of less variance.

If you had to summarize your question... how would you do it?

Peas are yellow- but really green and...... I want them blue. cause that tastes better? Yes!

Or do superfluous, serendipitous, words stung amuse?

Play live. And/Or on a non-WPN site. And play lots of hands.
Poker's way better when played for real :)

Hahaha. up late and kinda high.... but man.

Jeff-you could have fun with this? huh.
How to change the game?

hmmm.
let's c.
heard of variations besides NLH?
IDK-
Omaha.
Stud.
Razz
baseball
midnight baseball
pineapple
grapefruit
monopoly
hungry hungry hippos (gotta smash!)
...Sorry (that's a game too - popper in the middle)
what's that other game???
oh yeah- LIFE!
let's rework that too.

congrats on the baby.

i'm a guy too :)
i've made a few babies... soooo easy. and fun :)

totally painless.

thing that shocked me the most. The doc hands ya the surgical sharp scissors to cut the cord..
I think. Cool easy- ... but dam. it's like cutting a pinky finger off.
stiff, tough. crunch.

IDK- I've snipped a few now. But first time I did. I was surprised how tough they are.
So-- change poker to have less variance- and tenderize umbilical cords.
Please.
:smokin:

GoldforGlory

GoldforGlory

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fulltime Schedule

Hi Jeff!

Don't know if you are going to read this post but its worth a shot.

What kind of work/poker schedule do you use? I am trying out different full-time grinding schedules and was wondering what you would suggest? I have a lot of spare time at the moment and am looking to make the most of it.

I am talking about the entire week here, with working out and leaving enough time for activities like housekeeping.

Looking forward to the stream!

Jay Pee

Jay Pee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stone bubbling the Alpha 8 100k buy in tournament in South Africa.. The turn out was small, only 10 total entrants w/ some of the games best. I was 1/4 and 3 paid. I took 3rd when the local amateur was super short 4 handed. Jungleman, Mercier & I were basically locked in to cash w/ min cash $200,000 and winner $500,000. I ended up shoving on Jungleman's open w/ A8o 4 handed because I knew he would just be opening any spot as the current leader.. he ended up calling off w/ 88 and I was at risk and took 4th for $0. The crazy part was mercier had A9o in the BB and would have shoved and busted he had less chips then me as well. This was an ICM suicide and I got punished for it. Throw in that at the time, Atlanta to Joburg was the longest flight in the World! It was not a fun trip home but valuable lessons learned!

First off, congratualtions on becoming a father ;)
Wishing you, your wife and baby boy all the best!

Yeah there is no such thing as mistakes, only lessons to be learned.

Crispoker540

Crispoker540

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see u always on stream, its really nice to see u
congratz bro

E

eathanz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

Hi, Jeff , i really enlojy your streaming and you help a lot to get a head with new tactcs
GL!

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
question

Hello jeff I hope you are still connected for this group, my question is the following that is what you need to know to be professional in poker please is that the concern is killing me so I would like to know and how long have you been playing this game. what career would you advise or what to study so that poker is even easier, maybe using maths or not statistics, I wait for your answer

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, Jeff Saludos
I would like to ask you how much money do you keep in your pokerstars account after winning so much money like you have? Also which is the most $ pokerstars lets you transfer out after big winnings.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really enjoy watching your vlogs.

But one thing crossed my mind everytime Emilia was on it.
I know this is very personal stuff, but how do you talk to your wife ?

She doesn't seem to speak fluent english, and I think you don't speak fluent portuguese.

sorry for being nosey (not really that sorry:p

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really enjoy watching your vlogs.

But one thing crossed my mind everytime Emilia was on it.
I know this is very personal stuff, but how do you talk to your wife ?

She doesn't seem to speak fluent english, and I think you don't speak fluent portuguese.

sorry for being nosey (not really that sorry:p
Hey! No problem, she does speak fluent English though :) I don't speak fluent prtuguese but we communicate very easily :) You will see her more frequently on vlogs/streams!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, Jeff Saludos
I would like to ask you how much money do you keep in your pokerstars account after winning so much money like you have? Also which is the most $ pokerstars lets you transfer out after big winnings.
Hello my friend, that is a personal question! I play 98% on partypoker now though & able to transfer as needed!

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Doubt

Good afternoon, my name is Jorge and I've been playing poker for 8 months, I'm very interested in joining or getting into a poker game.
As I do to join a poker team, my goal is to acquire knowledge.
I'm from the City of Rio de Janeiro. :confused:
What is your tip, for me to read a poker book, which explains MTTs?

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello jeff I hope you are still connected for this group, my question is the following that is what you need to know to be professional in poker please is that the concern is killing me so I would like to know and how long have you been playing this game. what career would you advise or what to study so that poker is even easier, maybe using maths or not statistics, I wait for your answer

Hello! Yes I am connected here of course! I have been playing since I was 15 years old; 32 years old now. Discipline, bank roll management are most important to me. I would suggest RYE to study poker; I have banners on my website. JeffGrossPoker.com/affiliaton for this program.