Not open for further replies.
thwizzofoz

thwizzofoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I understand it, the only think you cannot do in poker is tell what is in your hand. To that end, Gold should have been reigned in way early when he would tell his hand. When he privately told his hand, rather than publicly, he should have been penalized, up to disqualification. Ignorance is not an excuse for rules infraction. There is plenty of time to learn them prior to heading to a tournament, and even while at the tourney.

That having been said, they didn't enforce it, and allowed him to win. Now all that can and should be done, is not let it happen again in future tourneys.

R

Red Oak RDU

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ADMITTING YOU HAVE A PROBLEM IS THE FIRST STEP IN THE TWELVE STEP PROCESS (OR SO I HAVE HEARD)

alexanderwoo1

alexanderwoo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still hate Jamie Gold due to his personality, and he got lucky in the main event because he was basically chip leader majority of the time.

A

ArmadilloTrim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are we saying that catching cards and talking people off of hands is bad poker? hmmmm.... (not advocating for gold, but really come on)

J

johnnyhp1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Gold played his lucky run of cars well. BUT everytime I watch it I am rooting for anyone that is playing against him because of his annoying antics.

palmer2000e

palmer2000e

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he sure as hell didnt lose too many pots thats for sure, at least judging by the televised hands...

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
are we saying that catching cards and talking people off of hands is bad poker? hmmmm.... (not advocating for gold, but really come on)
Perhaps you're not responding specifically to me, but I'm mostly just saying that what that video shows is collusion. Talking people off hands is one thing, shaking your head at your friend because you don't want him to make the mistake of betting into your "top/top" (which he helpfully later explains means "top pair top kicker") is a whole other ballpark.

I don't subscribe to the idea of being mad at people for catching good cards. It's not their fault, and we all want to be them anyway. That's not my beef with Mr. Gold.

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really dont get all the haters of the wsop champs. It is crazy moneymaker won it and has done squat since but hey he played well in the me to win
Raymer proved he is a good player by going wayyy deep the nxt yr 2 only to beknocked out by runner runner
Hachem Won it then promptly won a wpt title as well so no 1 can say much against him
Gold got lucky and played his hands well yet suddenly hes a donk u dont donk through however many days there were without being a good player too
All of them are called lucky donks yet they all did the 1 thing all poker players want to do win the wsop me so dont hate thm, all their winning does is prove tht any 1 can win it which should give hope to us all

K

kyle is HOC

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
eh

id have to say Jamie did do some things that should be frowned upon (the collusion and flashin of a car)
but to talk people out of all those hands and then using his enormous chip stack to his advantage was great in my opinion
although he probably had one of the luckiest runs i had ever witnessed

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Old thread, old news, so locking it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.