Status
Not open for further replies.
mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You mean Dmitri Nobles? Possibly eveb a bigger ass than Gold. He's strictly a product of the worst of Online Poker, where stupidity gets rewarded, short-term, and is politely called AGGRESSION.

Yes that's the guy. He's probably the worst I've ever seen that late in the wsop. Gold in comparrison was much much better. Say what you will about him, but he did make some good moves and played the big stack well. I know, I know he got very lucky and believe me I'm not saying he's a great player but compared to Nobles it's no contest.

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A

ataps

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i just watched a repeat of it on t.v he caught alot of cards he talked alot of ppl out of hands in my opinion hes not that good of a player he knows how to run his mouth i think if he would of sat at a table with some top pros he would of lost i just cant see him being a consistant winner in the poker world cuz hes not gna talk a phil ivey or ne othe rtop pro out of a hand like he did to alot of other ppl not saying he didnt play well he did win but he did catch the cards that helps

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still don't like him. He's a luckpot.

B

baloney

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Jamie Gold.

I think it's just stupid to accept a stake into a tournament this large. If I work hard for 2 weeks and then have to give up $6 million bucks cause I was staked $5000, I would feel like such an idiot because I would only have cheated myself. It would have been so much easier to win my seat in the WSOP and keep ALL of my winnings,

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Occasionally, even fish and fools have their day. When the cards run for them there is nothing anyone can do.

This is still no excuse for the way he acted.

mixmaster_matt

mixmaster_matt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like how he acted during it, but I really enjoyed him getting routinely outplayed in the big game. when he was leaving the table the players were begging him to stay. The main event is like a lottery now. He won, congrats, but we all know that he is nothing more than an amatuer..

withawedge

withawedge

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The latest news on Mr Gold is that bodog have ended their contract with him.

They said they need to branch out into Europe etc etc.

However, they have retained the contracts with their other US pro's

Read into that what you will lol

:)

C

chefantwon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I'll agree Gold had some unbelieveable luck, remember it was Johnny Chan that taught him. Once he had the chip lead he just kept using it to his advantage. His style of play caught alot of folks off guard. After awile he could be honest with his cards so people would play right into him. He said don't play holding the best hand, and folks bet anyway.

The only thing I did like about him was the way he got that know it all to say FU and get hit with a 10 minute penalty.

I think the story of the WSOP was JH. He went much deeper than I expected.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Joe Hachem i presume :confused:

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the story of the tournament, other than Gold winning, was Cunningham's failed attempt to take the final table when he got there.

C

crussader

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The saddest part of the whole thing for me is that it lowered my esteem for Johnny Chan. What was he thinking getting involved with a guy like Gold?

The Passenger

The Passenger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone know of a link to footage of the collusion discussed at the beginning of this thread?

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is an excerpt from an article written by Ozone.

In his first interview since settling a dispute over his $12,000,000 Main Event payday, 2006 World Champion Jamie Gold admitted he made some unethical decisions during last summer's tournament. Gold described one incident in which he flashed one of his cards at a competitor in the middle of a hand. Regarding the action, Gold said, "You should never flash a card. I wasn't thinking, 'Wow, I'm going to bend the rules.' I was just so caught up in the excitement of what was happening and I kind of just lost myself and I regret doing that."

He also confessed to tipping off a friend on one of his hands to prevent the friend from busting out of the tournament. Gold judged that action as "really inappropriate."

These admissions from Gold came out unexpectedly. Regarding Jamie's actions, a spokesman for the WSOP said, "Technically it can be construed as collusion and is clearly a violation of the rules," but he closed the matter by saying, "It's over, it's done."

Green Mtn Boy

Green Mtn Boy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't really think is matters what he did! he won! beat everyone else now thier all pissed about it! just give him his money take the loss and leave him alone! he did nothing but beat everyone else! like all the other players before him!

For once, JA, I agree with you 100%

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He also confessed to tipping off a friend on one of his hands to prevent the friend from busting out of the tournament. Gold judged that action as "really inappropriate."

This is the only thing that really bothers me. But, on the other hand, he could have just told him what he had like he did with everyone else.

Green Mtn Boy

Green Mtn Boy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like how he acted during it, but I really enjoyed him getting routinely outplayed in the big game. when he was leaving the table the players were begging him to stay. The main event is like a lottery now. He won, congrats, but we all know that he is nothing more than an amatuer..

Youre referring to GSNs High Stakes Poker? Yes, i enjoyed him getting both ends of the schtick!

Just because he won the lottery, had a damn good run of cards, and even tho I kinda like his style of yap... he is still an amateur. I think that most that call themselves a Poker Pro are just having an active fantasy.

Exceptions, Doyle and Todd Brunson, Sammy Farha, Elezra... The rest, just lucky, got ricj being lucky, and are good TV.

Green Mtn Boy

Green Mtn Boy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only thing I did like about him was the way he got that know it all to say FU and get hit with a 10 minute penalty.

THAT was my favorite moment of the whole event!

H

hustlenflow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jamie Gold played like a donkey and got lucky like a donkey!

D

DukeDrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The collusion video was horrible. I almost threw up on my TV when I saw it the first time; nothing like YouTube to relive the moment. The saddest part is that he was so off in his own little world that he didn't really think he completely forgot he was on camera. Please Jamie, spend 3 minutes explaining how stupid the other guy was for not understanding what you meant by colluding with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.