Is it Okay to Take Time Off?

M

muazkkh1996

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was thinking sometimes the stress is too much. Is it ok to take a week or a month off ,so i can refocus? I just fear - i might lose my touch with poker, and maybe forget valuable lessons.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's good for your game to take a break.
Your outlook improves.

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weekend need necessarily even vacation, about skills forget game not worry.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Treat it like any other enjoyable hobby, if it isn't enjoyable take a break.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was thinking sometimes the stress is too much,is it ok to take a week or a month off ,so i can refocus ,i just fear i might lose my touch with poker and maybe forget valuable lessons
A break is needed from time to time. Just Relax and take a small break and come back with a fresh mind to play with.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never be afraid to take your mind off the game. Our whole life is a game! Why be afraid to go from one game to another? Live, play and enjoy!!!

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you think you need a break, then you need a break. Take some time away from the game and refresh yourself.

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking a vacation from poker can be useful but you shouldn’t do it for a long time! if you don’t play for a long time, you can lose a part of the skill and your opponents will develop all this time!

M

muazkkh1996

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the advice.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, a break in poker is absolutely normal. I believe that the break may sometimes be even useful to the player. Personally, I, after a short break, always make the best decisions and, in general, play more diligently.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you feel, that you can not play, it is better to take a break for a week, during which time the experience will not be over.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was thinking sometimes the stress is too much,is it ok to take a week or a month off ,so i can refocus ,i just fear i might lose my touch with poker and maybe forget valuable lessons
No, do not be afraid to take sometimes breaks in poker, you will not forget your valuable lessons, and then after resting with new forces and focused continue to play and win, good luck with your games!

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Breaks are good for you, poker can be brutal at times and its good to clear your mind then come back stronger. I take large breaks from poker and i did forget most of the poker intricacies i learned but meh. Most of the game you will not forget.

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Message 6

Yes, you need to rest, but also not to play much and the best result is to play at the same table. Then the whole concentration increases. I once started playing at four tables at once, nothing left only the money spent, then realize you need to relax after a defeat to forget him. Not much hour, two, three, generally to unwind and Snowie forces forward.

Rusel2302

Rusel2302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, why not?I think everyone must decide for himself such issues,it makes sense to heed the advice on this subject do not see

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely breaks are ok and even good for mental game aspects of poker. Personally I try to play through bad beats and downswings BUT I also do from time to time take breaks from the game as accumulated tilt no matter how small can sometimes influence future hands. Lately I aim to take at least a day or two a week away from the tables to recharge and ensure I'm giving balance to other hobbies I enjoy too.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There !
Definitwly in all kinds of work one must have a break, one day, one week one month whatever...

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play excessively and find yourself falling into traps or making bad calls or pushes it may be time for a break. Anytime your to close to something to see clearly, it's always best to step back for a while to regroup so you can come back stronger.

Red0nkulousAK

Red0nkulousAK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A break can be good, have you tried masturbation?

C

CJWilliam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Breaks are good for a lot of people. This would also give you the opportunity to review some of your hands or tourneys to keep your mind sharp.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having a break sometimes is not something bad. You can not forget the basics for several weeks or month and some rest can help you to refocus and come back stronger. I personally have such periods of up to month when i have other priorities and simply do not play poker.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
It is better to rest whenever the tournament came to rest. 5 minute break definitely helps me.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
This routine is boring. Breaks are necessary in my opinion.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game of highs and lows. Winning and losing pots can cause your mood to swing from absolute elation to crippling disappointment. Sometimes, especially when the lows begin to outweigh the highs, taking time off from the game may be a good choice.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never taken time off in poker. I do not play intensely and often. I don't care about poker life.