It was just a BET!!!!!!!!

What do you think is the right play ?

• A 4 folds to allin re-raise

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • A K folds to 2500 bet

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Both were right according to THEM!!! It is GAMBLING!!!

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Both wrong, They should close all accounts now and send me the money!! Never play again.

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
AA88Joe

AA88Joe

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Short version of this hand.
We are about midway of a $500 freeroll at bodog, average stack about 8,000
I have 16,000 my opponent has about 12,000
I got A 4 of Hearts I bet 1500 he calls.
Flop: Ac Jh 6h
I bet 2500 he goes allin and I call
He shows As Kc
The turn is no help to either of us.
The river is a 4 of something but anyway I catch my second pair on the river.
He starts screaming about, how that I am a "terrible player" and calls me all kinds of animal names. Says I don't understand the game and I should look at the cards and see that I can't beat anything then fold because he went all in. I think he should have folded to the 2500 bet, Hell I could have had AJ just as easy as a flush draw and at that point all he had was a pair of As, just like me, except of course I have 9 outs just on the flush. This guy chases me to the next table still continuing with this mouth assault.
Well he got his wish I was put out in 82nd place in a field of 3404. After 2-1/2hours of play (the payout started at 63 that sucked)
He says it was a DONK move to call his Allin and I say it was just a bet that paid off. What do you say????
I don't thimk it makes me a superior player or smarter than anybody, it was just a "bet" and I won. Why do some guys go nuts when they lose! If you can't afford to lose the chips don't push'em in the pot.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think that a lot of people could not get away from that hand with AK and witht he outs that you had and the stack I would have called with the flush draw and the low ace....he just got beat its poker a lot of people gamble on flush draws that early in the hand.....

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The key word in your whole post is "freeroll". As it stood, you had the 9 flush and 3 four outs. But, he could have had Jx and be trying to steal the pot. Or zip. You won, he lost. He should get over it. You could report him for abusive chat if you wanted.

sms3484

sms3484

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just plugged your cards into a calculator and it says that with A4h with that flop, you were still a slight underdog (44% win 55% lose 1% tie).

I would have trouble getting away from a hand with that many outs too, and your play obviously worked, but the numbers show you actually were behind. Still, no reason for the guy you beat to go insane about it, he barely had the lead on you there.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just say thank you and move on. Actually he should have reraised preflop and then you would have / should have folded and the world would have never known.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meh, you had enough outs. Both played fine.....except pre-flop might've been to loose.

IamBP

IamBP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Hillbilly, he should have reraised you preflop. If I was in your situation I would have called. I would not put him on a ace with a strong kicker or jj because then he would have most likely reraised preflop.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a correct move on your part calling his all-in, especially since it is a free roll. He didn't reraise you preflop then shoves on the flop? He has no right to complain about bad play, except maybe his own.

S

SHRK2TH

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you have played this differently if you had so $200 invested in a buy in. Probably. so it comes down to the fact is was a freeroll, you had him covered, and flush draws are so pretty. I think top pair nut flush draw is very hard for anyone to lay down in the crazy world of freeroll.

AA88Joe

AA88Joe

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you have played this differently if you had so $200 invested in a buy in. Probably. so it comes down to the fact is was a freeroll, you had him covered, and flush draws are so pretty. I think top pair nut flush draw is very hard for anyone to lay down in the crazy world of freeroll.

More than likely yes I would have folded if it was not a Freeroll, Unless I was already in a position to get paid. Then I may have still taken the gamble. But take a chance on losing my stake and not getting paid, I probably fold. (I may keep repeating "fold" just to make sure I would. LOL)