Is it forbid to say that I have AA in the chat when I is allin?

N

niceplayer

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I m woundering if any one now if one player goes all in before the flop, and Im next and have AA or someting good, and I dont wont more peopel in the pott, can I say that I have AA in the chat, so that no more whill call me?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Yes that is illegal
2. Why the hell wouldn't you want people calling you? You have the best hand in poker and the more calling the better.

But you cannot give the players to act after you the unfair advantage of knowing you have AA when the players before you didn't have that information. In fact I believe you can only talk about your hand when it's heads up between you and one other opponent.

Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NO!

:confused:All rules that I have seen regarding playing poker state that you CAN NOT tell others what you have. You CAN lie, but if you tell folks you have AA then you better not have AA.

BTW, what makes you think that your AA will scare everyone out? They shouldn't believe you first of all and there are hands that may stay in and make you MORE MONEY if you do win.

I see some others have replied while I was writing this. Zachvac put it much more succinctly than I did.:joyman:

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should check the rules of your poker room of choice. Generally, it's not acceptable to talk about your hand in most cases, even if you don't "tell the truth".

Some sites allow you to talk about your hand while heads-up playing cash games, but not during tournaments. (pokerstars comes to mind as an example of this.)

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some sites have their own rules regarding table talk. For instance, here's poker stars:

Poker Room Policies - Cardroom Rules at PokerStars

Specifically...

In both cash games and tournaments, players who have folded during a hand may not discuss the cards that they folded. This provides unfair information to players still in the hand.

In cash games only, players still in a hand may chat about what cards they claim to hold. This is "coffee-housing," which is common in poker. However, players (in the hand or not) may not coach or otherwise suggest how another player should play his hand. For example, it is okay to say "You should call; I'm bluffing." It is not okay to say, "You should call; he's bluffing."

In both cash games and tournaments, if there are more than two players left in a pot, players (in the hand or not) may not chat anything that might reasonably be interpreted as affecting the play of the hand. For instance, suppose players A, B, and C are in a hand. A bets, and B is next to act. C may not chat, "I'm going to fold" (whether he intends to fold or not).

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I m woundering if any one now if one player goes all in before the flop, and Im next and have AA or someting good, and I dont wont more peopel in the pott, can I say that I have AA in the chat, so that no more whill call me?

lol

J

jbyers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On pokerstars you can't chat anyway if there is a player that is allin.

Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doh'

:confused:All rules that I have seen regarding playing poker state that you CAN NOT tell others what you have. You CAN lie, but if you tell folks you have AA then you better not have AA.

Sorry about my uniformed opinion. I have obviously not been around enough. Does anyone know what the rules are for the wsop games? That may be where I heard that you aren't supposed to tell the truth about your hand.

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry about my uniformed opinion. I have obviously not been around enough. Does anyone know what the rules are for the WSOP games? That may be where I heard that you aren't supposed to tell the truth about your hand.

The rule in 2007 was:

Players are obligated to protect the other players in the tournament at all times. Therefore, whether in a hand or not, players may not a.) disclose contents of live or folded hands, b.) advise or criticize play before the action is completed or c.) read a hand that hasn’t been tabled. The one-player-to-a-hand rule will be enforced.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure it would matter much because I have no confidence that anyone would understand what you were claiming to have anyway.

Paw_kit Aces

Paw_kit Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recenty told the table "I have a royal flush draw, should I call, raise, fold or go all in" everybody laughed, but nobody critizized me when I went all in and a I hit the flush on the river. I did have one caller by the way who either didn't believe, me or he liked his/her chances (I don't remember what they had).

SAH89

SAH89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends, some sites like Full Tilt you can't chat while someone is all in...

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The oddicial rule is0 You can not disclose your hole cards whila a hansd is in progress. Ever.

pokerjdud

pokerjdud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

thats some sick grammar you got there hahahah

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cut him some slack, english might be his second language after all.

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And more importntly....It's really bad poker ettiquate to inform anyone at the table what u do have or did have. It sure would tick me off if someone said they thru a card and someone i was settig up neede that card tomake his hand and folded!!!! wouldn't you??? get the point?

Skags22

Skags22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's generally just regarded as a unprofessional move and it's very cheap to reaveal your cards simply to prevent others from entering the pot. If you don't want more people in the correct move would be a large raise.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your swedish you have a natural advantage with AA. By all means get more people in the pot with you!

If you want to tell everyone at the table you have aces, raise a big amount/go all in. Thats about the only way to do it.

P

phisig6057

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is definitely against ettiquette if not the rules to disclose your hole cards. As poker is a game of incomplete information every extra piece of info can give someone an advantage. For example if you have AA and I have AK, I now know that 2 of my outs are removed.
The best thing to do in that situation is to make a significant pre-flop raise to drive players out, or at least make it expensive for them to stick around. A significant raise will reduce their pot odds and make calling a mistake. That way you will either take it down there or come into the flop with a nice sized pot with the best of it.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2. Why the hell wouldn't you want people calling you? You have the best hand in poker and the more calling the better.

Maybe the best 2 HOLE cards, but that's all it is.

'the more calling the better'? The more that call, the less odds you have of winning the hand. The only time you have the best odds is when you can isolate the hand to a heads-up.

G

gembob13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zach-
I second what nevadanick says-pocket aces against a rando hand wins 85.5% of the time, against 4 rando hands it wins 55.8% of the time. If you're going to go all in with it you don't want a lot of people in with you. Numbers courtesy of Phil Gordon.

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"I second what nevadanick says-pocket aces against a rando hand wins 85.5% of the time, against 4 rando hands it wins 55.8% of the time. If you're going to go all in with it you don't want a lot of people in with you. Numbers courtesy of Phil Gordon."

85.5% win 100 = average return of plus 85.5
15.5% lose 100 = average returrn of -15.5
expected value of situation = +70

55.8% chance to win 400 = +223.20
44.2% chance to lose 100 = -44.20
Expected value of situation = +179

So if this is a tournament, I guess you'd have to decide if an expected value if 1.79 times your chips stack is worth a 44% chance of busting out. Most situations, it is.

If this is a cash game, and you don't want more callers, you just hate money.

FloppyMcOddNuts

FloppyMcOddNuts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Completely disregarding the legality of this situation, I personally just see it as rude.