intuition in poker

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello guys we always find different types of players but some somewhat different convetional I consider one of the second and question their way of playing because they go with hands that in our opinion seem like garbage hands in my case is intuition enter a boat with 7-6 obvious depends on many factors and luck as everything in poker I do not like to take risks with high pairs but I am always changing my game strategies adapting them to the game game to have the strongest of the table I think that the bets preflop are a game of bingo so if the hand I do not love I do not get involved does not mean that I only get with pocket aces in case I do not like to go all in pocket aces that you think you are a donk or fish are not We all continue to learn hard good luck greetings:dancing2::icon_rr:

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learning

hello guys we always find different types of players but some somewhat different convetional I consider one of the second and question their way of playing because they go with hands that in our opinion seem like garbage hands in my case is intuition enter a boat with 7-6 obvious depends on many factors and luck as everything in poker I do not like to take risks with high pairs but I am always changing my game strategies adapting them to the game game to have the strongest of the table I think that the bets preflop are a game of bingo so if the hand I do not love I do not get involved does not mean that I only get with pocket aces in case I do not like to go all in pocket aces that you think you are a donk or fish are not We all continue to learn hard good luck greetings:dancing2::icon_rr:

Hi Xbronk,

I get the feel of your post and understand what you are saying, in most cases i have come across, weaker or less experienced players tend to only push on premium hands but the better the player, the wider the play and at high levels - you see this.
I was playing someone the other night who had AA and they played it superbly against me to the river to extract max value without having to Jam..it did not help that i had hit trip Kings on river and they had the boat :)

The lesson was there though for me as i was in a hand, i should never have been in (well to the river as they just bet out and i just called down).
It was a great play and i congratulated them on that..for me, a good lesson :)

78 suited can be very powerful against any premium pr :)

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Xbronk,

I get the feel of your post and understand what you are saying, in most cases i have come across, weaker or less experienced players tend to only push on premium hands but the better the player, the wider the play and at high levels - you see this.
I was playing someone the other night who had AA and they played it superbly against me to the river to extract max value without having to Jam..it did not help that i had hit trip Kings on river and they had the boat :)

The lesson was there though for me as i was in a hand, i should never have been in (well to the river as they just bet out and i just called down).
It was a great play and i congratulated them on that..for me, a good lesson :)

78 suited can be very powerful against any premium pr :)

I always assume that my opponent has the best possible hand and that if he makes me pay cheaply he can take a surprise in the following streets if I do not feel I can have the best possible hand after the flop. It's best not to get involved. I've always been afraid of him to the aces of pocket although you give very few details I assume that the juice in a great way good luck greetings:) good luck greetings

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Usually I always wait patiently for strong cards. But sometimes I can take intuitive decisions, although for me it does not always end well.

P

paulw

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have recently started having a dabble at playing cash games on Stars, I was a cash player 15/20 years back at a higher level, but now I only play 08/16c and 10/25c now at these levels, the game has not changed or very little in the last 20 years, what I mean to say is 15/20 years ago the $1/2 and $2/4 online was very much played the same way as the regs play now at the lowest stakes, back then good Tags cleaned up , but that was many years ago,

Now I play 3/4 tables and they are filled to the brim with Tags,Nits and Rocks I can usually put them on one of 4/5 or 6 hands its not rocket science, and with a decent HUD set up, you can somtimes confirm which of the 4/ 6 hands they actually have, but a decent Lag can represent almost every other hand, I think thats why you should never be surprised at some of the hands that show up in the smaller stakes.