INTIMIDATION??? Does Fold Equity Go Up as Your Stack size increases?

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as of now it's just a feeling-- I'll dig deeper into my PT4 stats to see if there's any merit to this later, but does anyone else feel like they get more respect when they chip up to 300 big blinds in a cash game?

I started Open raising more from earlier positions as I felt people open-folding more when I stacked up to 300bb in a micro stakes online cash game, Blitz actually.

Personally if I see a guy with a big stack on a tight game, I'll assume he achieved it through good play and start with giving more respect and playing more value ranges.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, but sometime in this cases the one with 300 BB starting bluffing more and I think he can easily lose all chips.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The big stack in the game is a double-edged sword. In tournaments, I didn’t notice much difference — no one is afraid of players with large stacks. But the cache is a completely different picture! Seeing a player with 200-300 BB, everyone begins to sharply narrow their range of playable hands!

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if a person has a large stack, then he can afford to open more loose

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stack intimidating.

Massive give stacks you an advantage. Folding is not an option for me. Being frugal vs aggresive. in my belief aggresion can get you in trouble but being diligence with your bets is most important. Gl. Have fun

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having a big stack you can put more pressure on people in either tournements or cash games with ppl not wanting to enter pots against you. It's important not to just spew off chips because you've got everyone covered though. Players will eventually play back if you become too aggressive

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having a big stack you can put more pressure on people in either tournements or cash games with ppl not wanting to enter pots against you. It's important not to just spew off chips because you've got everyone covered though. Players will eventually play back if you become too aggressive

I really love having a big stack in Blitz, because once you achieve a big stack and start playing LAG-- people don't know that you've upped your open-raising frequency since you switch tables every hand. Even if they have a HUD, they will generally have lifetime stats so if you're a Rock/TAG you can really take advantage.

But for me, it's so rare to double or triple up in Blitz, especially I don't pull long sessions.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
as of now it's just a feeling-- I'll dig deeper into my PT4 stats to see if there's any merit to this later, but does anyone else feel like they get more respect when they chip up to 300 big blinds in a cash game?

I started Open raising more from earlier positions as I felt people open-folding more when I stacked up to 300bb in a micro stakes online cash game, Blitz actually.

Personally if I see a guy with a big stack on a tight game, I'll assume he achieved it through good play and start with giving more respect and playing more value ranges.

Having a big stack can have a huge psychological advantage. Opponents don't want to tangle with you, because they know you can put their whole stack at risk very easily. You can take advantage of this by widening your range and increasing your bet sizing slightly. But don't go too crazy, otherwise you can end up donking off your hard earned stack!

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on how the player thinks about the one with more chips. Do they view them as a loose player whose luck is running out, or as a successful player they don't want to mess with? I think the inevitable all-in shove by someone with a higher stack size is always a potential concern for the one with less chips though.

Folding in Poker