Is internet poker on Ultimate bet fixed?

-foldemstupid

-foldemstupid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi All,
For the last few weeks I have been playing at ultimate bet after I deposited 300 bucks .Well after the first day I had won $785 so I was like
woohoo.Well I said to myself dam maybe my luck is changing finally ,
well after a few days of being totally just killed on the tables I think Im done ..If you guys think it was bad play thats your opinion but if you all had seen the hands that beat me for me it is just obvious ,I wish I had screen shots but I dont know how I even joined pokerspace because I heard you get screenshots if you join and hand histories.Well my reason for this thread is I want all of u friends to let me know if you have ever cashed at Ultimate bet!:deal: :mad: :bandit: :banghead: :banghead: :icon_puke :withstupi

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I have cashed out money twice now from UB.

Had no trouble either time.

I suspect what happened to you is what happens to a lot of people, you ran way too hot and when your luck changed, you didn't stop playing the same way you had been when running good.

Poker is an up and down game, you push when it's up and you drop back when it's down.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya I been cashing there for over a year.. no probs. I don't think the site is any more 'fixed' than anywhere else, it certainly is not fixed to deal hot and cold streaks to players -- I agree it sounds like you ran hot and didn't slow down when the cold cards came... I would not blame the site..

BTW I have seen posts like this since forever, all blaming different sites, where it is poor play, bankroll mismanagement or a bad run (usually combined) that leads to the 'bad beats' that look like someone is out to get you...

At your buyin, $300, I don't think anyone at UB even noticed you...

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only cashed there once and that was using epassporte which is no more. Had no problems with it though.

catzeyez

catzeyez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
UB seems to run that way. There are days when you can go on a run that seems like it will never end. Then you can go on a span of days that you seem to get rivered every hand. But if you watch and track your hands on other sites you will see it happens the same in the long run.
Sorry for the run of bad luck

theskillzdatklls

theskillzdatklls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you won that much money on $300 and then lost it all super quickly, it sounds pretty suspect that you weren't doing brm too well. either way, with all the ub / ap stuff, i wouldn't trust those sites anyway.
GL

B

Bucsfan36

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The Rut

Haven't cashed at ultimate, but i can say that i've been in your position wondering wheather i got screwed or if it's just me. my conclusion was that it was me i thought I was playing every hand right and assumed my decisions were perfectly played. What i've learned is that any starting hand no matter how good they are AA, KK, can got to shit after the flop.

malice777

malice777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was discussed on this weeks pokercast,it seems that both ulitmate bet and absolute poker have been caught in some cheating scandal...

The featured guest this week is Paul Leggett, Chief Operating Officer of Tokwiro Enterprises. Tokwiro Enterprises is a private company that owns both Absolute Poker and UltimateBet. Paul talks about the Ultimate Bet cheating scandal that was uncovered by two plus two members and the recent press release about what actually went on behind the scenes.

malice777

malice777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More on that-->

Paul Leggett is the Chief Operating Officer of Tokwiro Enterprises, a private company that owns both Absolute Poker and UltimateBet. UltimateBet had a cheating scandal similar in nature to that of Absolute Poker. In May 2008 they released a statement about the scandal. The company states that cheating took place from March 2006 to December 2007. The company claims the cheating was perpetrated by employees of the former owners, Excapsa Software. According to the company, the fraudulent activity was traced to unauthorized software code that transferred hole-card information of other players at the tables to the perpetrators' accounts during play. UltimateBet states removal of the cheating software as of February 2008 and began issuing refunds to affected players.

C

confuzd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, that cast a shadow on the whole, "there is no cheating in online gaming" for quite awhile. To all those who say it doesn't and can't happen this is proof that the software can be compromised. Just the fact that there is a way that the poker sites can replay entire games with the hole cards showing, is proof that with a little Programming knowledge and some ambition can make online poker not so secure.

As per the losses to the initial poster though this is probably just a regular and common occurence. Even the best players have bad runs.

GL TO ALL ON AND OFF THE FELTS

-foldemstupid

-foldemstupid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HI all,
THx for the feedback and if its all the same Ill be reporting my progress for the next 2 weeks so take a look and any advice is really appreciated ...thx friends!

-foldemstupid

-foldemstupid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And I just reloaded with $250 so Im gonna play tight as he--! Gl all 2nite in the freeroll!

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
. Just the fact that there is a way that the Poker sites can replay entire games with the hole cards showing, is proof that with a little Programming knowledge and some ambition can make online poker not so secure.

This is simply done using a Hands History of the game after it is over but it only works at sites that let you know the other guy's mucked hole cards. This is by no way a form of cheating because the rules of poker allows anyone to ask to see what cards were mucked after the hand is over. A lot of sites do not show mucked hole cards in their HH's so this simple program will not work there.

One more time to be clear... it only shows hole cards AFTER the hand is over and then by using the HH's that every player can get provided that site shows what cards were mucked. No way this is a cheating system, it is a very good learning tool though.

Foldem,
Screenshots are easy, just hit prtscrn key (print screen) and open your "paint" program, paste it there and save as jpg. Even better, hold alt key when you hit prtscrn to copy the active window only, then save. Here's a thread about taking a screenshot https://www.cardschat.com/forum/community-hangout-4/screenshots-dummies-72067/

Best of luck to you!

NANUNANU

NANUNANU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love Ultimatebet ive cashed many times from cash tables dont play many tours there as i dont really like the software. But i never bring full stack only about half stack and if i get a bad beat I leave the software. Also i never stay at a table after i double my chips. If u stay u will lose! One other rule I follow is if i dont win a "nice little pot" in 10 hands, I bounce to another table. Stay away peeps that have 3X the stack limit at 3 seperate tables...... Can I say hack? lol