dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Playing live poker for the first time can be exciting, as well as a little intimidating. Be a fun and engaging person. Many players take poker too seriously, especially at the lower limits. And here I mean not their serious attitude to training, strategy or bankroll management, but their attitude to the game itself and opponents. They usually take such a position that allegedly "everyone around is opposed to them." And such players are very often nervous and furious when they lose the pot because of the stupid play of the opponent.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When you're playing live poker, do you prefer to be quiet and observant, or do you prefer to chat and get to know the players?
I think you can perform much better when you talk to other players.
The first time I played live poker I didn't know anybody and it made me really nervous, nobody talked to me and they all knew each other.
It made me uncomfortable.
When I play live I speak only what is necessary.
Already online, I avoid as much as possible, if available, I disable the chat and balloons. I always prefer to focus.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am very friendly at the table prior to the cards being dealt but then mostly silent once the game starts. There have been times I have chated with other at a fun table but those are more the rarity than the norm.

W

whoknowswhat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
When you're playing live poker, do you prefer to be quiet and observant, or do you prefer to chat and get to know the players?
The first time I played live poker I didn't know anybody and it made me really nervous, nobody talked to me and they all knew each other.
I prefer to talk with the other participants, I feel more comfortable. Online it's the opposite, complete focus, even more so when it's not just one table being played.

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So it all depends on how good you are at reading people, and how good of a poker face you have. If you have a bad poker face, talking more is not a good thing. If you can't read people well, then it is also a bad idea. As long as you can keep your emotions in check and read people, then try to get people talking

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I prefer not to interact during the game both online and live, but I do not mind some kind of conversation.

gonza1036

gonza1036

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
No, it's better not to talk to anyone to be always focused

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never get into conversations in an online game. In live games very often :)

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i usually do , but I dont think it is a good ideea , ecause you tend to relax and get out of focus on the game

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if they are cool people then i prefer to talk with them and i like it when there is a nice atmosphere on the poker table

batintin

batintin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I have disabled the chat. I prefer to focus only on the game

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm watching poker, I always prefer when the players talk to each other. I rarely play live poker, but I would probably would be the quiet player that don't talk to anyone...lol

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In live poker I always try to interact with other players... not usually online..

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Live with friends I talk, online I don't.

GrEbZ2021

GrEbZ2021

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not play offline poker professionally, only with friends, so I always prefer to talk and first of all have a good time

cardplayer2k21

cardplayer2k21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
If I get a question I respond but most of the time I dont say much.

dartablasta

dartablasta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i prefer to not, when you talk with people, you loose some good points at the table.

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
I'm a quiet player by myself. But in live poker, dialogue starts by itself. And sooner or later you get to know other players.

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I try not to because most of them are aggressive and teasing. I prefer to respond by taking out his chips.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm an introvert hahaha 🥺
I guess that I'm a semi-introvert because I am naturally shy, but once I get to know people and am comfortable it is hard to shut me up. :) I definitely enjoy the chatting and discussions that go on around a table. Before the tournament starts I'm usually one of the, if not the, first person at the table so I say hello to everyone as they sit down. That helps to break the ice a little. I'll also ask questions about things and most people like to give answers based upon their knowledge.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My choice is socializing over a glass of beer

Quaresma

Quaresma

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For sure the best option is to interact with other players. Live poker is a moment of communion, where we can meet other people who are as passionate about the game as we are. Of course, you shouldn't talk about your whole life at the table, or even comment on every move made.

pankoffff

pankoffff

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
sometimes yes sometimes no.