Im a YoYo this week

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like a damn Yo-Yo this week, I have never had the need for bankroll management because if I wanted to play I would just deposit and play. Well now I have about $1600 that I built from my $300 deposit and let me tell you I did not get it by grinding at all. I got it by running extremely good and maximizing my profit during those times. When I say I was running good I mean I was running real good.

so here is how it is for me.

$25 NL - I crush this level, its sad how much I walk over these people.
$50 NL - again I have no problem at this level at all
$100 NL- This is where it gets weird, for some reason I get crushed here, No idea why. I dont think they are better then me but for some reason I get crushed here.
$200 NL - this is where it gets even weirder, I do very well here, I made alot of my bankroll at this level
$300 NL - & $400 NL - not sure which one I sat in but did ok.
$600 NL - sat here for about hour flopped flush and made $500 and got off quick, guy called $500 on turn with just the ace of spades.

yes I played like everyone of those levels, the part that gets me is the $100 NL and my problem with beating that level. Every other level I have no problem beating even the higher levels I dont find them too hard. What I think im going to do is sit at the $50 level for a little while and work on playing position poker and not just the cards and give $100 NL a shot in couple weeks. Its just weird that there is one level which I consider micro limits that gives me trouble.

I also want to work on getting maximum value out of my hands and not just push people out on the flop. If I get outdrawn so be it, I will be playing pure TAG nit poker. These guys are too clueless at this level to realize how im playing anyway.

Thoughts? concerns? comments?

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$100 NL- This is where it gets weird, for some reason I get crushed here, No idea why. I dont think they are better then me but for some reason I get crushed here

i dunno, i tend to play a very odd-ish style that does well at the higher NL/LHE (2/4, 3/6) but i think the backwards ways people play at lower limits counters me.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm confused. How can you possibly play $600 NL with a bankroll that small?

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm confused. How can you possibly play $600 NL with a bankroll that small?

I answered this in my thread, I never bankroll manage because I do what they call making a run at it. Then If I do hit big I chill out with it, Trust me I dont suggest it but I have done it a couple times. Like I also said I have never played within my bankroll because If I lost what I put on I could always deposit again.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like a damn Yo-Yo this week...

Thoughts? concerns? comments?

If it helps, I've thought of you as a "damn Yo-Yo" for much longer than just one week. ;) :p :D

Devilpoker78

Devilpoker78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow man $600 NL hats off to you, even the $20/$40 no limit is huge for me. But then in my country USD1 = 3.5 local currency so maybe its because of that. But $600 NL! Don't you lose your entire bankroll as soon as the blinds passes you by? Cash out dude and keep your winnings!

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow man $600 NL hats off to you, even the $20/$40 no limit is huge for me. But then in my country USD1 = 3.5 local currency so maybe its because of that. But $600 NL! Don't you lose your entire bankroll as soon as the blinds passes you by? Cash out dude and keep your winnings!

I believe $600NL means the buy in is $600 (max)-- not that $600 is the blind. If he as more money that he is willing to deposit you have to consider that part of his "bankroll" even if it's not on a site at the moment. Not knowing how much that is, however, still leaves it open criticisms of too high a "risk of ruin".

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok

guess I should explain whole thing so you all don't get the wrong idea. The money I was using to play higher limits was money I had actually won.

I put $300 on and made about $300 my 1st day playing $25 NL I told you those guys are weak. With the extra $300, that is what I used to make my run at higher stakes, I don't think my original $300 was ever actually in risk.

like someone said yes this was $600 max buy in NL blinds are $3/$6 and with the correct bankroll the game is very very beatable. I do this actually alot make runs at higher stakes then im bankrolled for physically online. I actully dont see a problem with it if you are not putting all your money in play, I would hate for someone to do it and lose and not be able to play. BUT if you want to take a portion of your money and throw it in a 1/2 game then go ahead.

the problem lies if you tilt easy and will tilt away the remainder of your money. For the person that said withdraw LOL thats it just LOL.