If you play poker while drinking low-alcohol drinks, will your game improve?

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think that if you play poker while drinking low-alcohol drinks, will your game improve?

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Haha, it's subjective but essentially, no... :)

If you are playing poker socially, for fun.. Pound some drinks and have a laugh! :cheers:

If you are playing poker for profit, drinking will rarely (if ever) improve your expectations.

Low alcholol drinks will incrementally have the same effect as alcohol drinks.

It'll just take longer/more drinks for the negative impact to present itself... :)

If you want the flavour while you play, drink 0% beer.. :wink:

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not drink alcohol. It makes me crazy and I lose.

A

Acadien07

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Drink a glass of wine!🍷

Me I enjoy drinking a good glass of red homemade wine ! You need to relax especially when you lose with pocket aces ! But it’s part of the game it will give y you time to get another drink 🥂🥴

T

TomCj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Risky Business

Drinking any alcohol while playing will affect your game

It affects your inhibitions,
which affects your decision-making process

you will make mistakes in judgement
and may not be as able to analyze the game effectively

You may be able to play adequately
with a very small amount of alcohol in your system

But if you are not careful, you will use too much,
and it will begin to affect your game adversely

If you are playing recreationally/socially,
it may not be that big of an issue

But playing seriously, for big stakes -
Better leave it alone

TC

54m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There’s times where I have played really well while, drinking and other times when it’s a nightmare, it’s never the same playing sober or when your zipping some chelas!!!

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t think so, since even low-alcohol drinks can knock down concentration and lead to a loss.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Alcohol doesn't make me better, it makes me bitter.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don't feel like my game gets better or worse when I eat any food or substance.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think that if you play poker while drinking low-alcohol drinks, will your game improve?
My game under the influence of alcohol becomes very terrible! I already had a bad experience when I played poker while drinking alcohol, then I almost lost my entire bankroll, from that moment I do not drink alcohol when I play poker! Personally, alcohol affects me very badly, and I advise everyone not to drink alcohol, at least while playing poker! Good luck at the tables!

S

slothi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
😁….maybe the alc makes you a bit careless and your play more loose because of that….and this can bring success in some spots….but I don’t think this is an improvement of your game….😉

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Definitely not. Alcohol dulls attention and concentrates. It can fail at the most inopportune moment. Although, maybe later I had to take responsibility in order to make a decision.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
my friend don't mix your game with the fun related to alcoholic drink, I did that a lot and I just lost because of making wrong bets, and wanting the bralho to turn his cards around and kick the players who have nothing to do with it so I stopped doing it that !

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As with everything there is no general simple answer it all depends on many diferent factors.
Example if you are playing too tight a little drinky will loosen that range up goldielocks style.

Personaly I almost never drink while playing poker. Perhaps once every 50-100 sessions.
Its never planed but rather just having a beer or a glass of red wine with a rich lunch or dinner.
It only makes a diference in realy rare super hard spots and I end up making a risky play.

Try doing a couple of trial runs and let us know your observations.

G

GORA1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
alcohol and poker

No matter what anyone says, alcohol and any serious and responsible business are simply not compatible !!

H

Haikala2011

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Few beers do not influence game in any way. If having more then the possibility to win or loose big increases significantly.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First if you drink alcohol to improve anything, you probably should not be drinking at all. It seem that alcohol is a crutch or playing poker is an excuse to drink. If you enjoy a drink while playing, awesome or have one just prior to playing also good. Put never correlate drink to doing anything as that might be the start of another problem. A friend of mine always said, "Nothing a 2/4 (case of beer) can not solve", funny at the time, not quit true.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
no, I don't think so, maybe just relax and get a little more luck through freer play:)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I have not drunk alcohol for many years. In my opinion, alcohol is evil and alcohol only leads to loss and frustration.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to play drunk. But sometimes there are very good results. :)

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Drinking isn't going to *improve* anyone's game. However, if you tend to play very tight, it's likely going to open up your range (hopefully not too much) and let you see more flops. If you're on a good spike run and are hitting flops with those marginal or junk hands, you can indeed do well of course. The converse is also true though, if you play marginal/junk hands and *don't* hit those flops, you're just handing over those chips.

When i'm in Vegas, i do take advantage of those free drinks and I still do well. I just make sure to pocket some of the winnings over time and never take more out of pocket. That way if I blow it, i'm not back to even. Also, never go to vegas with the intention of making a certain amount of money, just take what I can afford to lose as it's just recreation for me.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, alcohol interferes with concentration and promotes impulsive and erroneous decisions. In my opinion, playing poker while drinking alcohol is not right in the first place in relation to your bankroll. :)

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol can boost your courage, but it will play a bad joke on you in the end. Your actions will be confident, but you will not be able to adequately look at things. In addition, drinking beer during a long tournament is fraught with the fact that you will miss a good hand due to an elementary trip to the toilet. I do not recommend drinking alcohol while playing.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Alcohol can boost your courage, but it will play a bad joke on you in the end.
The solution to that problem is: You need to drink some more.

Actually, this might not be my best advice.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes the variance decides for you how you will play today and nothing will depend on your condition.

Top 10 Games