If you had only two hours to become a better player

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all! I bring you a new question. Obviously there are many ways to become a better player; surely all require effort and patience. But let's assume that you are about to enter to play a great tournament, there are only two hours left to start, and you feel that you have to do something to get good results. What would you choose? You could read a book, practice a couple of hands online, watch some videos or whatever you can think of. But remember, you have only two hours. What is your answer?

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go to the bathroom,,,grab a drink,shut off phone.Maybe listen to a couple tunes,,,, :thrasher:

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Get a push fold chart and study it.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all! I bring you a new question. Obviously there are many ways to become a better player; surely all require effort and patience. But let's assume that you are about to enter to play a great tournament, there are only two hours left to start, and you feel that you have to do something to get good results. What would you choose? You could read a book, practice a couple of hands online, watch some videos or whatever you can think of. But remember, you have only two hours. What is your answer?

In the prior 2 hours I would review poker odds.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I would have slept well and rested from poker in general during these 2 hours

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
listen good music and play a couple of hands online is what i do, and i focus on my goals on that tournament event, and relax and drink a beer, is that :beerglass

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I would practice on the Internet before the game, because for a couple of hours I wouldn’t read a book, and I won’t learn a lot from the video because each player has his own style and skill of the game, so I choose to practice in a couple of hands on the Internet!

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To improve your game in 2 hours it is very easy the answer you can do absolutely nothing, there is no way that in 2 hours you can improve your game for that, I will not read a book or see tutorials or any video, probably the only thing I would do wait for the tournament and pray for a good result

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To improve your game in 2 hours it is very easy the answer you can do absolutely nothing, there is no way that in 2 hours you can improve your game for that, I will not read a book or see tutorials or any video, probably the only thing I would do wait for the tournament and pray for a good result

Seems like anytime studying would help.

Join a training site, and get started.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The same things any athlete does.

Thank you for posting.

Like all competitors you should have a pregame warm up.

At the 2 hour mark you should review your notes on the last skill you focused on improving.

At the 1.5 hour mark you should think about the tournament itself. Number of players. Habits of those players- rate of blind increase etc.

Then you decide on your strategy.
Attack early? Limp reraise big hands vs weaker villains. Trap more often.
Patience, waiting for hands?
Gamble early then tighten up?

Have a plan if things go wrong early

Etc Etc.

The last 30 minutes relax physically and emotionally but stay focused.
Use imagery techniques and confidence boosting mantras.

Hope this helps

:):)

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be well fed, prepare some snacks so that during many hours of play you don't get hungry, rest well, lie down to focus your mind, analyze the tournament structure and prepare your strategy. Drink water. I don't advise studying before playing because I think it's a kind of activity to do on a specific day without having any major tournaments to play. Study is one focus, the game is another.

S

Salteballe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch youtube poker video helps.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Maybe pray, cause only luck will help you here [emoji57]

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are only two hours left to start, and you feel that you have to do something to get good results.

I think that you have described here an emotion experienced by almost everybody regardless of the skills.
You can probably call it fear, but within last two hours before the event you should not follow the emotions but a strategy developed the day before or earlier.

So if you were planning earlier to study, you may do so, but usually it is better to relax and prepare mentally for the game.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Relax, prepare for the game, read the poker article, best hands and etc.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that changing something in a poker game in 2 hours is completely impossible. The only thing is that you can have a good rest before a game.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most likely I would show up late with not spending the two hours allocated to on poker. Just my cross to to bear.

W

Wangles1980

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Apresentation

Hello Cardschat family, very grateful to receive me here. The guys from brazil send a big hug. Thank you.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I would just watch some great MTT players videos, its really to little of time to force learning in, but what it can do is get your mind engaged and get you thinking at a higher level.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
two hours before the start

I'm afraid for two hours nothing substantial and significant to improve the outcome in a future important tournament will be very little. Being a good poker player is the result of long games, training, reading books, views with comments of video distributions. Experience and subtle knowledge of the game do not come immediately That's why poker is a game that requires a lot of effort, patience, self-control and strict discipline in training. Yes, the player’s physical condition is also important, as well as his health and well-being in general. For two hours you can relax, calm down, eat specials food for the brain and the main thing is to tune in correctly to the game. And don't forget to try to understand, that even if you fly out of the game, then at least get great pleasure from the process of the game.:flute::flute::flute:

777jeton777

777jeton777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hardly in 2 hours you will have time to learn something. I would have a rest watching some interesting poker game.