If you lost all your bankroll, would you start again?

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it happened to me several times over the years . It is quite disappointing but I love the game so I have to just keep grinding . Good luck , hope you don't have to go through it .

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The whole idea of a bankroll is, that you can play a certain game indefinitely with minimal risk of ever going broke. But for this to be the case, you need to be a winning player. Most people lose playing poker, which is pretty natural, since there is something called rake. And if you are a losing player, then per definition you can not have a poker bankroll. What you can have instead is a poker budget.

Sure there are examples of winning players, who busted their bankroll and had to start all over. Victor Bloom (Isildur) for example. But for online micro stakes players, most of the people, who find their poker account empty, are not winning players. So really the question is, should you reload and spend more money on your hobby? And if playing poker is not hurting you financially or in any other way, sure why not. But if it is, maybe time to take a break.

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not have much money for that reason I am used to losing my humble banck roll very often as it does not exceed 100 dollars. what I recommend to have good banck roll is to play the freerolls and accumulate to start with a good amount but I also understand that it is very difficult and in my case I win the desire to play a tournament or enter a cash table

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you deal with this lost bankroll? If you play for fun and feel confident, why not continue playing poker?

R

RiverKing422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely just because you fall doesn't mean you have to stay down you have to get back up and keep trying

L

leewa77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive taken it all out and ran it back up again from the micros several times. Its a part of the fun for me, like playing an old video game you love.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have lost a bankroll many times, but always started again. For me, the loss of a bankroll is not a reason to stop playing poker. I play for the sake of my pleasure and not for the sake of money.

Luckytsss

Luckytsss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost my bankroll more than once. At some point, I just stopped investing my own money. Now I only play freerolls and participate in various promotions.

Elcholu

Elcholu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I already did, I lost the totality of my bankroll, and started again on several occasions. I never had a very high bankroll, since I always played in micro limits.

Ziadfox

Ziadfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the trick is to slowly but surely build your patience levels. That’s when your BR will prolong itself.

Hunan nature is usually one that wants to reach the finish line first. Who cares about first if your BR is sustained and increases as you get to that finish line. ;)

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that I probably would, and i think that most of us do. I'm a gambler, it's in my blood :)

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(Assuming you have a bankroll)

I have already lost it many times in eight years of the game, I make a Deposit again and start again to re-dial a decent bankroll and lose it again.

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it happens that after losing my Deposit, I return to the game again and again. I really like this game. In order not to lose money and get the skill of the game, you can play freerolls

Freeman748

Freeman748

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello! I think I would start playing again! This is poker! The main thing is to work on the bugs and the game!

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
(Assuming you have a bankroll)

Ummm Who is it they say "Loves a trier"?

just loving the game would necessitate having a bankroll, so any one who loves the game will need at some point a bankroll to buy in to a game...

haha and Having a bankroll doesn't mean you're any good either lol...

reminds me of X factor some of those contestants actually think pretty highly of them selves, any one can sing in the shower but it doesn't make them X factor stars lol

losing a many bankrolls doesn't mean you're altogether a bad player either...

D

drjdevs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'v lost my bankroll multiple times mostly because it makes sense.I see no purpose in grinding endless hours I am here to hit it big. Yes currently trying to get into 1m G MTT.

I have also but not a great help for the ego though

C

chippyrob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats all part of the game im afraid thats life and thats poker :) i suppose it all comes down to your financial circumstances play within your means... but if you had the skills to build a roll in the first place the last thing i would be doing is giving up you just got unlucky ;)

robert

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Yes, of coarse. I have started from zero so many times!

A

AngelBLR_Poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
three times won first place in the tournament by CardsChat, and then all lost to zero:mad:

Ш

Шахрухбек

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep. But its no so easy as everyone think. When you win the tournament and in 4 hours you loose your bankroll, it will not be easy to start play again from zero.

R

Rigolettoo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At least 3x in 15 years. I did not play at the level of my money.

K

Karl Hernandez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ugh.
That´s a tough one.

I think i would pay-in maybe 10$ on the long run .

On the other hand didnt i deposit money for 2 years and build my bankroll through freerolls.

But most people dedicated to the game will deposit atleast a small amount i guess.

R

Rigolettoo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ugh.
That´s a tough one.

I think i would pay-in maybe 10$ on the long run .

On the other hand didnt i deposit money for 2 years and build my bankroll through freerolls.

But most people dedicated to the game will deposit atleast a small amount i guess.

You're doing it right! That's just harder. 2-3 thousand people ... 54 paying places ...

I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, of course there were losses. But there are freerolls, which is not fast, but still you can dial the bank to play. Bank loses, but never had the desire to quit poker altogether.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management