If you could change one rule in poker, what would it be?

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, it would be mandatory to show your cards on the river if you call a bet and lose. Example, if villain bet, and you called and lost the hand, you couldn't muck the cards, and would have to show what hand you called with.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
For me, it would be mandatory to show your cards on the river if you call a bet and lose. Example, if villain bet, and you called and lost the hand, you couldn't muck the cards, and would have to show what hand you called with.
That would destroy the whole concept of bluffing imo..

Honestly nothing comes to mind what I'd like to be changed. :)

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
On most poker sites, even if the cards have been mucked, you can see what he had in the hand history/replayer.

I often check if I won and he mucked what he had.
Never seen that . ..external App?

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
No, I can check it in the PS hand review, 888, BOL. I think it's pretty common.

But only on the river and if he calls, not If the cards are folded.
Ah ok yeah that makes sense.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't even know. I think the rules of the game are perfect. But if you could make it possible to add the "Run It Twice" function to the tournaments. It can be done in cash games, so why not in tournaments.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You'd love playing with me. :) Whether I called someone or they called me, when the showdown comes I flip my cards face up in front of me. I don't know why, but it is probably because that's how they did it in the westerns I used to watch growing up. :) Other than that it is a very rare occasion when I will show my cards without having someone pay to see them.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I would like to change one thing if I had that power.
Instead of a 3 card flop, I would want just 2 cards to flop, and have turn 1 turn 2 and River.

Making way for more betting

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe the rules of poker are perfect. Poker rules reward technique, luck, courage, patience and persistence. If you change anything in the rule it will fail.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While it isn't required everywhere, or necessarily enforced where it is required, I think that the rule stating you must bet if you have the nuts should be eliminated. I understand the reason for the rule but I'd still like to see it gone, or maybe just remain in final table situations where it actually might be effective.

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like poker texas hold'em the way it is, but this rule you mencioned about the mucking hands on the poker platforms reaaally bothers me also. Mainly when playing on mobile. It should be mandatory to reveal your hands on the river if the bets have been paid! Its why its called "showdown", isn't it??

W33dzLov3r

W33dzLov3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hello Everyone, I`d love to understand this hand I have lost in a tournament, and ain`t sure how to post it so I`ll reply with a screenshot to this reply. If there is a Rule that Allowed this to happen, then THAT is what I would LOVE TO CHANGE?!!

W33dzLov3r

W33dzLov3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hello Everyone, I`d love to understand this hand I have lost in a tournament, and ain`t sure how to post it so I`ll reply with a screenshot to this reply. If there is a Rule that Allowed this to happen, then THAT is what I would LOVE TO CHANGE?!!

W33dzLov3r

W33dzLov3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
So, my hand was ATo, and my opponent had 77.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I don't even know. I think the rules of the game are perfect. But if you could make it possible to add the "Run It Twice" function to the tournaments. It can be done in cash games, so why not in tournaments.
Because tournaments would take forever 🤣
They already do sometimes

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
That should be impossible ! I'm baffled ..you clearly have the better pairs.
Oh ok yeah short Deck explains it.
Thx @Andyreas

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd like a rule where if player A bets on the turn heads up nd player B calls, then player A can pay a pot sized bet into the pot to stop the hand there. No river card. I totally hate it when people call on turn with 10 outs (0% chance) and hit the river!

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
No, I can check it in the PS hand review, 888, BOL. I think it's pretty common.

But only on the river and if he calls, not If the cards are folded.
When I play on app (on mobile phone), there is an option after I win: Show your cards or no. But this option is not available when I play on my laptop.
Is there such a difference between the application and the software?
Do you have the same experience? I play on PS only.

Poker Rules - Poker Games