Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thehef10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Railbirds.com freeroll 4th hand. I havent played a pot and neither has the big blind. From later position, I just open shove with aq expecting someone with a crappy hand like ace 6 to double me up.

I get called by 5 6 off. Then the caller wins and goes, "thatll teach u to be a donk." Ok, I get outdrawn and one person makes a dumb comment...who cares. But then, 3other people at the table started criticizing my play, even suggesting his call with 5 6 off was better than my aq all in move.

My play might not have been great (I know i wasnt) but how in the world can people sya calling an all in with 5 6 is better than going all in with aq?

TO make matters even worse, I post on railbirds.com expecting people to agree with me and the 1st two replies criticize me and make no mention of his play. It is like everyone has lost their minds!

Please reply to this and restore my sanity.

Thanks.

S

sharkyz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm very sorry that that happened, and it shouldn't have if you havnt even played a pot yet, and moved in.

And i would have called you with those cards if i had about 25 times ur stack tho.

I bet rippytide theory is right!!!

T

thehef10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont care that it happened so much as everyone seeming to think he made the right play. To call an all in with your entire starting stack in the 4th hand is absurd. It doesnt even matter what I had or if id have pushed the 1st 4 hands (but I didnt even play them at all).

But for 3-4 people to say he made the right play blows my mind.

M

MississippiMud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You push in freerolls like that its a grab bag crap shoot. I would not push with AQ unless desperate but the 56 off was even worse. He got lucky. Like many luck players he had to rub it in. Thats what they do because thats they only (and I say this very lightly) skill they have.

Consider the source and move on. Or do like I sometimes do and compliment them on their brilliant play. ;)

USFDoh

USFDoh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your magic words were "4th hand" and "freeroll". Almost any shove in the first hour or two is going to find at least one if not more callers. Some of them even think they are playing "real good".

There are 2 schools of thought on playing freerolls that I have seen around:

Push early and if you're out then so be it

Play tight, bet your monsters hard

If have tried and been successful with both, depending on the freeroll and in the case of the first one, the luck factor.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Railbirds free rolls are donktacular. I sit around waiting for decent cards only to be raped. I haven't got so many bad beats by someone who catches a miracle than when I played in those things. I cashed in two, but it really wasn't worth it, because you can't do hardly anything at stars with less than a dollar. I used to play in the full tilt free rolls with what? 2000 entrants, but really can't remember because I haven't played in one of those for ages. People have a more decent game and I got more $ for my time. Railbirds attracts the kids and donkeys by the thousands every week. I suppose it's a good strategy to build your website, and company, but not good if you want to play in there free rolls. Their money games are probably an alternative to this problem though. I'm sure there's decent play, but if there isn't, it's quite tragic. Better luck next time.

Last edited:
reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Railbirds.com freeroll 4th hand. I havent played a pot and neither has the big blind. From later position, I just open shove with aq expecting someone with a crappy hand like ace 6 to double me up.

I get called by 5 6 off. Then the caller wins and goes, "thatll teach u to be a donk." Ok, I get outdrawn and one person makes a dumb comment...who cares. But then, 3other people at the table started criticizing my play, even suggesting his call with 5 6 off was better than my aq all in move.

My play might not have been great (I know i wasnt) but how in the world can people sya calling an all in with 5 6 is better than going all in with aq?

TO make matters even worse, I post on railbirds.com expecting people to agree with me and the 1st two replies criticize me and make no mention of his play. It is like everyone has lost their minds!

Please reply to this and restore my sanity.

Thanks.

Morals of the story?

Don't try to make sense out of freerolls.

Don't post on Railturds.

KingNothing4

KingNothing4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya i think that early, since people havent spent n e thing to get in, they probably think well i've only sat here for 10 minutes so i havent lost n e thing and if i can double up hey y not, so u get a lot of donkeys in freerolls i think. i notice the same thing when i play in them, but once u get far enough into it, people feel they have spent so much time working on it, etc they start playing a little more serious....only my limited experience telling me this though!

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FWIW, I'm about to make the final table in 2 place.

If you want to come challenge the birds, look for me,

dj1113

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL donkaments.

Flops'm&Bets'm

Flops'm&Bets'm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls. Freerolls....ahhh the art of the Freeroll...

Play enough of them and it is like seeing Fast Times at Ridgemount High for the 20th time...."that was my Skull...I'm sooooOOO WASTED!:stoned: :canabis: Dude!"

If you are going to Push All-In at Least have a Respectable Pkt Pr. AA KK QQ. Since you may get impatient wait till it simmers down by the 10th hand and if you cannot see a flop after 15...you still have a stack to double up with when you do hit a Nut Flush or a sneaky set 55,66,77, vs someone with TPTK.
Or a middle pin Full House 9-5-9 with (PP 5's) and someone nailed the 9 with a J-9 or 9-10 and you put them to the RAIL (w/o a suck out on the river J or 10...)
Raised hands during first 2 levels is optimally 10xBB anyhow so 120 Bet PF is standard...(thats a limp comparative to All-In)

~Patience must you have to become Hold'em Master...HmmmPfff!!~

Flops'm&Bets'm

Flops'm&Bets'm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ohh and What reglardave said...
come over to the Dark-Side Railbirds is all pretty and fancy..
but when you see a Bum on the street do you just hand him change or do you ask him what happened to his life??
Chances are he was probably an intillect gone crazy!

CardsChat is where it's at! The main rudeness you might get here is when you start a 'Poker is "Rigged" thread'...and vote - rigged!!!
~You were warned~
~...now stay here and learn some Poker!~

Hard2Handle

Hard2Handle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me it just seems like you were gambling. I'm not criticizing your play but moving all in with AQ loooking for an easy double up in a freeroll was the idea right? So when getting called by a worse hand doesn't work out it sucks. Just keep in mind you got the call you wanted, but you it was all out of your control the way you played it.

As for people talking negative about your play or whatever, who cares. I play people all the time who play worse than me but continually say stuff just to get under my skin. It's your choice how it will affect your play.

I

is'n'ers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
as long as you're happy with you're move, you know why you've done it, then you don't care about any criticism.

Especially if you feel the critcism simply reiterates that you know what you're doing more than them.

I certainly hope it's not a matter for sanity or otherwise to get invovled in...

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow this just seems crazy i mean they must all be close poker donk friends or somethink i mean i could see if it was 55 or 66 but 56 off no way your not crazy lol they are gl and honestly you want those calls just keep playing those railbird fools lol

riverboatrat

riverboatrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
statistically speaking, 56 suited holds up quite well against ace ace.

dont know about AQ though but theres some food for thought

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone asks why/how/when you played a certain way you did in a freeroll just say....

"Its a freeroll."

What can someone counter this with?

"AQ all in?!? No! This freeroll is an extreme test of knowledge, skill and cunning!"

R

rowan361

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A Q huh wait so u have A A A & Q Q Q 6 you can hit

5 6 huh wait so i have 5 5 5 & 6 6 6 6 cards i can hit

but the ace has the high card advantage but the 5 6 has more straight possablitys so i dont know

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why did you bump a topic from last year?

Are you retarded??

Good first post....

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL Donkaments!

F

FeelnAcey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cancelled Railbirds...

They have gotten too big so I msg'd one of their moderators and requested my account there be cancelled.

I kept running in to players who all in'd on stupid hands hoping for the best. I love poker..but give me a break. I play pretty good I think and I play for the love of the game...BUT I just can't stand really bad players going all in on stupid trash cards,

Your not crazy...

FeelnAcey

Status
Not open for further replies.