Identifying hand online.

S

Space635

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Morning;

It is very important to have an idea of your opponent's cards. This takes time and requires

experience. However, how to identify if the opponent has a good hand in the online game?

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Pay attention to their actions in the hand. Its hard to isolate to one specific hand, but think about what range of hands they might have based on their actions, board texture, and any other info (HUD stats) you might have on them.

P

PiQuadrat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On online poker Tables, to be honest, there are not many options to guess the hand of an opponent. To many bluffs and strangers with strange game play.

But if you are deep down in a Tournament on the Final Table than there is always a bit better way to read your opponents by their game play.

In Real Life it is for me for sure much more easier to guess the hands of opponents.
Especially if you know the people. :rolleyes:

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good Morning;

It is very important to have an idea of your opponent's cards. This takes time and requires

experience. However, how to identify if the opponent has a good hand in the online game?

You'll want to start by having a baseline understanding of general ranges. This video will help you with that

The next step is to try and identify if they are a regular or a recreational, the regs tend to play fewer hands, and the recs more.

Next is trying to identify if they are positionally aware, i.e. raising fewer hands from early position and more hands from late position.

Once you've got those 2 points down you should be well on your way to ranging your opponents well!

Hope you find these tips helpful and have fun on the tables!!!

T

ThisCuteAsianGuy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its so hard to read people when they literally go all in every single hand.. i understand they are being aggro..but still its not fun when youre in a freeroll or a micro tournament where literally everyone goes all in.. and you think you have the nuts.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On Online Poker Tables, to be honest, there are not many options to guess the hand of an opponent. To many bluffs and strangers with strange game play.

But if you are deep down in a Tournament on the Final Table than there is always a bit better way to read your opponents by their game play.

In Real Life it is for me for sure much more easier to guess the hands of opponents.
Especially if you know the people. :rolleyes:

One big reason I much rather play live games :)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands