I will go back to school.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before starting my journey from zero to hero I realized that my game is failing in the basics. so, I decided to return to basics of poker. I have got a couple of good books such as: Practical poker math and Poker Math that matters.
I think i need to reinforce my knowledge about pot odds, implied odds, Odds.
So, my journey has just begun.:driver:

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I share the phrase of my signature, that would be your answer!

"The name of the game is no-limit Texas Hold'em, the game that takes a minute to learn but a lifetime to master."

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Have a nice trip!
And try to read Jared Tendler's book "The Mental Game of Poker".Good luck.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wish you success in your re-training...

R

RunoMont

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before starting my journey from zero to hero I realized that my game is failing in the basics. so, I decided to return to basics of poker. I have got a couple of good books such as: Practical poker math and Poker Math that matters.
I did it twice and would do it again. It's always good to restart.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it's great that you decided to improve your skills, it's fine when you do well, but then you do even better, good luck with improving your skills and your game!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Long time ago when i started my driving license course the instructor asked me what i know about driving. I replied rather confused that i know nothing and he was happy as he will not need to correct errors and we can start directly with learning new things. Sometimes when you try doing something and you do not get the results you expect best thing is really to go back to the basics and start upgrading from there. Poker is not exception so good luck to you. :)

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I share the phrase of my signature, that would be your answer!

"The name of the game is no-limit Texas Hold'em, the game that takes a minute to learn but a lifetime to master."
You are right my dear friend, I have all my life to master poker. Thanks for remind me.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Long time ago when i started my driving license course the instructor asked me what i know about driving. I replied rather confused that i know nothing and he was happy as he will not need to correct errors and we can start directly with learning new things. Sometimes when you try doing something and you do not get the results you expect best thing is really to go back to the basics and start upgrading from there. Poker is not exception so good luck to you. :)
Nice quote bro, thanks .

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it's great that you decided to improve your skills, it's fine when you do well, but then you do even better, good luck with improving your skills and your game!
Thanks buddy, I understand now where I am failing. So, it is time to go back to the books.:rolleyes:

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have a nice trip!
And try to read Jared Tendler's book "The Mental Game of Poker".Good luck.
Thanks bro, I bought the audio book hehe . I will practice my listening too. :rolleyes:

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
excellent plan, it's better than just bumbling along whistling a merry tune, making mistakes and not really knowing what you did wrong. So now your improvement will be real and you can count the money !!!!

D

dear7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck. Maybe it will help you.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basics are basically the foundation of your game. Always good to revisit them and center the game at times.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read the book Applications of No-Limit Hold'em a Guide to Understanding Theoretical Sound Poker by Matthew Janda. This will get you back up to speed. The book has taken me about a month to read and I'm going to have to read it at least 3 more times to grasp everything. This book made me feel like I was back in school. I've spent a lot of time researching books and reading them. If you can take what this book has and bring it to the table you can completely tune your game up to the next level

IN8FI8NI8TY

IN8FI8NI8TY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically, the basics are a basic part of my base.

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many people never recognize or admit that they have leaks in their game. Congratulations on recognizing this and taking steps to fix your game.

Good luck on your journey!

MaxMarauder

MaxMarauder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll be giving my age away but here goes......Every year when Vince Lombardi was Coach of the Green Bay Packers he started every first team practice with, "Gentlemen, this is a football." Think he believed in the power of the basics ?

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I congratulate you. This is the right decision. Once I also took that decision for myself. It was three years ago and now I do not regret it. Good luck.

THbc19

THbc19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
excellent plan. I wish you the best of luck.

HK_47

HK_47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems you have an important ingredient for the recipe of sucess. Too many people get into the idea that they are "good" players and that they have it figured out but that is just flat out wishful thinking. I'd consider myself an above average player but I always take that with a grain of salt when I look back at some of the idiotic moves I've made in the past. If you are recognizing that you are making those mistakes, it's a much bigger mistake not label it as such. But if you can identify what you are doing wrong and then go through the trouble of fixing it you are much better off than most people playing.

Good luck!

Nisnimnin

Nisnimnin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck. I should do the same, I just tend to get distracted by life and don't play for a few weeks at a time.