I want poker, to be my secondary income.

labatho

labatho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
It is fully achievable. I play daily for 3 years, essentially freerolls in 7 poker rooms. For the first few months, I made $3-4 a day, which averaged out to $100/month. By the end of the first year I was making an average of $6-7 a day, which was the target $200/month. In 2023 alone, I've already won almost $3000, most of it in ACR freerolls. It's tiring, but it's worth it. Good luck
Wow! Congrats! And thanks, that sounds really inspiring!

T

TheDealer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really would like it to be my secondary income, but why not the first one!🤪🤣

labatho

labatho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
I really would like it to be my secondary income, but why not the first one!🤪🤣
If the secondary income needs a lots of study and work, to be the primary needs to dedicate my life to poker :D

subluchuk

subluchuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
i usually play cash game,up to 4 tables at the same time.but never more than 4.thats my personal limit .if i play more the winning rate goes down.and watch your bankroll.thats the most important advice.try to at least have 40 buy ins

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My advice from experience:
don't count too much on poker.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You have to seek knowledge, without it you will not be profitable in poker. Try to coach very good players, who will surely lead you to the path you are looking for.

surfer696

surfer696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Play a fixed style of play and adapt to them. The strategies for each type of game are different, whether it's MTTs, SNGs, cash, or whatever. That's why I recommend that you choose one and focus on it, always playing within your bankroll. Good luck!

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon!
In order to earn 100-200 dollars a month playing poker, you do not need a lot of time, it is enough to play a few hours a day (or, for example, set aside several days in a month completely devoting yourself to poker). Play not too high limits, play on a bankroll, learn.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The most important thing is discipline and hard work; you need to constantly read and watch training videos. If you decide that poker is your income, then you should work like any job, study, practice, improve.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also want this, but for now it is not a secondary income because I don't earn that much, but maybe in the future it will be.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What is your advice for that? If you are before me, and you remember how did you made that step, to make for example, 1-200 $ extra/ month, please share your thoughts.
It is not impossible but it is a big gamble if you intended to make a living from the game, extra income is fine but as they say don't give up your day job.
You will have periods where you will have streaks of bad luck and won't be able to win a Dime, other times winning will be so easy you could be tempted to give up work for an easy lifestyle, but Poker is hard work and needs dedication to make money from it.
Even the professional Poker players study every week, I used to follow a Dutch player Lex Veldhuis on Twitch TV and he has a day off every week just to study the game, he is a professional player and have seen him play on "Late Night Poker" on TV against players like Doyle Brunson and Tony Gee.
The only advice I would give you is 2 words, Bankroll Management, study that before you start playing seriously.

labatho

labatho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
It is not impossible but it is a big gamble if you intended to make a living from the game, extra income is fine but as they say don't give up your day job.
You will have periods where you will have streaks of bad luck and won't be able to win a Dime, other times winning will be so easy you could be tempted to give up work for an easy lifestyle, but Poker is hard work and needs dedication to make money from it.
Even the professional Poker players study every week, I used to follow a Dutch player Lex Veldhuis on Twitch TV and he has a day off every week just to study the game, he is a professional player and have seen him play on "Late Night Poker" on TV against players like Doyle Brunson and Tony Gee.
The only advice I would give you is 2 words, Bankroll Management, study that before you start playing seriously.
Yes yes! I think after a couple comments, Bankroll Managment is the key point of the positive chart. I am sure, I have to look forward for that!

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What is your advice for that? If you are before me, and you remember how did you made that step, to make for example, 1-200 $ extra/ month, please share your thoughts.
For me, poker is a source of additional income. On average, my monthly income is $120-140. And I play only with the money that I managed to win in freerolls. I don't play for my own money, only for the money I win and I always follow bankroll management.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Learn a consistent bankroll management stratefy and stick with it. There is no other way

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Yes, you can earn $200 - $300 per month, but you can do that if you know the game well and play with a minimum buy-in of $7.5

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
In order to make money with poker, you first need to study poker and correctly understand its structure, not only games but also tactics after managing your money, and if you really want to make money with poker you will have to start working more hard with network players pay less win more

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well... from the play I saw just now.

I could start playing in position.
Don't make a donkey bet by being the first to talk with two cards that don't connect to anything on the board.

I recommend the cardchats course for beginners.... it really opens your mind (in an introductory way) to playing poker...

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With cash games you can make a more stable income than with MTT's.
Play weekends and maybe wed/thurs nights, in softer games, make a lot of notes.
Game selection is one of the keys, of course you have to be a decent player.
Good luck!

Artemloshara

Artemloshara

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that most poker players want this game to become a permanent source of income

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
So do I, but I'm lacking of time to pursuit this.