I want to bring up something important about the poker community

K

KPC16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First off what I'm to say doesn't apply to this forum and actually makes me want to commit my time to this forum.

There's a nasty attitude in the poker community that I have seen and witnessed in the very short time I have been playing. I think we have all encountered it at some point. The big one for me is gatekeeping people telling newer and even experienced players they aren't ready to play poker or they don't know how to play poker and they are the only one that knows how to play. This I can look past with no problem. This doesn't happen here. That's why I like it here.

What I cannot look past is making fun of people that do not have the biggest funds to play with or telling them that poker is for the rich. Poker is for everybody! I was born poor and always will be poor. However, I will always stand up for no matter what! I encourage everyone and respect every one no matter their financial status. I'm too soft-hearted because I always feel bad when I knock somebody else out of poker. I always compliment them and say good game. Anyways this had turned into a vent and rant. I just see so much disrespect for new players.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everybody comes into the world with nothing and material possessions,knowledge or opinions of ourselves and others including political beliefs or environment conditioning will probably mean nothing after we leave this world too.:top:

K

KPC16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody comes into the world with nothing and material possessions,knowledge or opinions of ourselves and others including political beliefs or environment conditioning will probably mean nothing after we leave this world too.:top:

Hey, that's the best answer I have ever seen. This is my honest opinion and take it as you will. The people with these attitudes aren't winners, because winners don't have negative attitudes. But I agree with your statement 100%

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That other forum that used to be the go to one in its heyday (rhymes with poo pus poo) was a nasty experience for me. If I want to be berated I can post on Twitter. For the most part Cards Chat has been a very rewarding experience and I hope this is the case for all.

Hang in there and be tough. The people that succeed are often ones who didnt give a crap about what others think of them.

K

KPC16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That other forum that used to be the go to one in its heyday (rhymes with poo pus poo) was a nasty experience for me. If I want to be berated I can post on Twitter. For the most part Cards Chat has been a very rewarding experience and I hope this is the case for all.

Hang in there and be tough. The people that succeed are often ones who didnt give a crap about what others think of them.

I can ignore the negative comments towards me any day. But I can't let someone nag at somebody else for something they have no control over. I don't worry about other people because I'm working on becoming a winning player. When I make a mistake or lose I always go back and learn why and how to fix that mistake.

Cards chat has been an absolute thrill so far. This place has a winning attitude and a place to learn.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone can learn poker, the problem in online is whatever you play against other people or theres more bots nowdays. Poker is a hobby for many, but things are getting different now. When I started to play we didn't care to much about the money but the passion of the game. I guess that's the reason things are not the way it should be, there's so much crap on a table now for the sake of money. Wonder how many of the actual players will play poker like a hobby or as a social event without the financial gains.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So how many forums you do use? 1 right :hmmmm2:

Yes. I've been registered for years on multiple forums (including 2+2)...but I only use one currently. The best one. So scratch away :icon_scra:icon_scra:icon_scra:icon_scra:icon_scra

DTMath

DTMath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the only site I leave the comments on during a game. I watched some of Daniel N. games at the wsop and the amount of rude comments he was getting and telling him how he should have played the hand. They can talk a big game when they are hiding behind a computer screen.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Yes. I've been registered for years on multiple forums (including 2+2)...but I only use one currently. The best one. So scratch away :icon_scra:icon_scra:icon_scra:icon_scra:icon_scra

Well in that case your favourite sport(s teams) say hi :rolleyes:

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree with your comments 100%.

Have you ever noticed that the players that belittle, insult, and brag, are usually the first ones out?

I love it here, at Cardschat. For the most part, everyone here, are here to help, and have really good poker fun.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Never worry about the other players, just play your game!

medusegorgon

medusegorgon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, feeling good for never been in any others forums and never seen that type of snobism. Before I've been involving into subject I had some prejudices about game too. For exemple that you can't play until you become profy or near to that level. Which is ridicolous obviously, cause how can you become a good player without practice? Where you should play? In some dumpster for newbies?
If we're talking about money I think this type of stupidity can be aplly to anythyng. Poker is only for rich? lol
However I think just like in any other game you should have a bit more excitement and even agression, not necessarily take it seriosly. Even though I dont like it when players start trashing each other.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok first off I have been guilty of getting mad when beat by what I thought was a dumb play. And I may have said something about it. But often when I look back I played the hand poorly and actually caused myself to lose the hand or the person had too many outs to fold. I dont think I have ever berated a player and if you ever feel I have please send me a message and say hey jerk stop being a jerk, also tell me what it was that I did. This is a GREAT site with a lot of great players.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think that a really good poker player, must have good behavior and respect for the other players. This saws a true fair play and makes poker respectable and more attractive for the new players.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is human nature not exclusive to poker.

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
sorry, but when you knock some out, say NOTHING. Saying good game often comes of as sarcastic - especially if they were trying to bluff or just had a bad beat.

To be fair, maybe that's just me - thinking about it, maybe I should take it as the spirit it's meant to be intended and not look at some darker context.

So, err, carry one - I'll try to chill out at the table....

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

I guess there will be "trolls" in any forum or social media. In poker I feel some of is game strategy, either to put you on tilt or just dealing with an idiot.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Cardschat is one of the best poker forums, I have seen that in these months it has grown a lot since I arrived here, there is a variety of material to study as learning tools, I have been playing poker for a long time, and I respect when I am playing with new opponents, I am very grateful to CC. I hope the forum continues to grow as it has been doing.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never pay attention to remarks, comments or advice from my opponents. I am just trying to be patient to make the right decisions. I am convinced that my success depends only on me.