I started to respect variance!

Aragveli81

Aragveli81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After 9 years of playing I started to respect variance! I become conscious of poker is not about ho is more stronger player tactically, poker is about ho is more conscious of poker game winning structure (+EV)!
Question: is 9 years to long to understated poker and start respect variance?

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think as long have you start to respect it at some point that's fine. 9 years seems a long time, but it depends how you play, how you think etc. - there are so many factors that influence it.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never to late to step over to the dark side and come out feeling not broken inside.

Ruminate

Ruminate

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all wish our learning curve was faster about various things in life...if you're still learning and constantly improving your game more power to you.

B

Blakepc91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter how long you have played you can always improve. Hit the lab and crush!!

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want me to learn a little faster, but congrats for the undestanding of the true poker! :)

nobodysf00l

nobodysf00l

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stick with the numbers...they prove out in the long run

L

LongRover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is never too late to respect variance! Getting there is a big step in poker. The term is used differently by different people. Some do not even believe in variance.

The world of variance is a very interesting one to explore. Your understanding of the game of poker can only improve because of this exploration.

If you want to know more about it, just type the word "variance" into the Cardschat search feature and you will discover some of the different usages of the term. And, there are many different sites on the internet that carry information about it.

Best Wishes!

N

needcoffeesendhelp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Respect meaning ... ?

I'm not doubting or angry, just curious by what you mean. When you say "respect" do you mean understand? Or "respect" meaning you let it factor into your daily poker? Or something else entirely?

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting that you bring this up. I have been thinking a lot lately about variance as it relates to how tight or loose to play in various situations.

Aragveli81

Aragveli81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not doubting or angry, just curious by what you mean. When you say "respect" do you mean understand? Or "respect" meaning you let it factor into your daily poker? Or something else entirely?
Thank you for your question !
By saying respect of variance I meant both of them understanding and let it into my daily poker.
Before I believed that I can crush all that bad players I was observing, by simply siting and playing poker ! But now I know it is impossible! Now I know that Poker works not like this !

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wellllll . . . . . 9 years is a long time but you got to the revelation and that's the important aspect! :D

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is never too late to learn something new. I personally spent around the same time playing very rare online poker and not trying to learn anything. All of this changed just around 7 months ago for me so it is never too late. :)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Poker is a game where we need to understand maths, so variance is something natural.

phantomjiujitsu

phantomjiujitsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9 years is a little long, but its better late than never... right man?

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
better late than never, I think 99% of the members here are still improving their game on many aspects, every day. They are active here, they improve their game.