• Thread starter didimaketherightplay
  • Start date
G

guy incognito

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although my lifespan in the poker world has been relatively short, I think it is rare to lead with your chin and not get it knocked off.

I wan't cummuppance!!!!

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes the kid was underage, and yes he was a mouthy *****, but at the same time, how do u know that this kids, parents did or did not allow him to play on there account?
The way I see it, is if your old enough to work, then your old enough to decide on what you choose to do with "your" money, mind you i'm not saying blow it all away on gambling, and if you (the parent), feel that your son/daughters habbit is out of control, then you should keep them in check.
It's pretty funny this topic, because, I let my younger brother, when he comes over on the weekend play on my accounts, mind u I set a limit, (and the only reason I do this is because, I know what I give him as an allowance), now there's standards for him to play, simply put, he has to clean my mothers house on a daily basis, he has to complete all his homework, and third but not least, has to keep a "B" avearage.
And trust me he's not a humble person if he takes a bad beat (lol), does that mean I 2 should have my account frozen? Because the account really is mine, and I'm over the age....I mean, yes/no I agree with what you did, for the simple fact that yes "It's against the law", but no because you yourself didn't know if that account belong to his parents, or guarding who should be over the age limit...

P.S-Everything I said is confidential:deal:

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In your case they would ask for the ID, you'd send it in, and it would all be square. Now if they could prove he was playing, yes it would be illegal, but they can't. As long as the account belongs to you and is in your name, if your son got upset and talked about how he was underage, the account would be frozen pending an ID. Assuming you're over 18, you send in ID, they see you're of age, and they unfreeze it. It's that simple. But if this kid had his name down and wasn't 18, he was kind of screwed. Maybe he was 80, and in that case he can send in ID and could be playing now, but if he was telling the truth he's gonna have a hard time coming up with ID proving he's 18.

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They're out of season right NOW!

It's Christmas fer gosh sakes!:santaclau :icon_rend :icon_rend

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This debate is evolving into "control vs no-control".

I agree with most what zachvac said. Just because someone is underage, that doesn't mean that we should treat them like stupid morons. When I was 16, I had 30-year old friends and was discussing philosophy with them.

Intelligence and judgment are too vastly different things. I have met many teens with high intelligence. I have met very, very few with good judgment.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i sell guns for a living, you must be 18 to purchase a gun or knife in new york state. you must be 16 to purchase and air rifle. i take gun safety very very seriously. i think that the vast majority of parents do as well.

guns can be locked and rules can be made that if a child wants to go hunting, a parent or gaurdian must be present. hell i'm 30 years old and i still don't hunt without my father. it a saftey issue that i take very seriously.

people get killed in the woods all the time, look at what happened with dick cheney, the guy didn't die but cheney's buddy still got shot. it was an accident. 99% of the shootings that happen while hunting are accidents.

any parent that lets thier child go hunting without supervision is just irresponsible. it also seems to me that there is really no logical reason why a child would hide the fact that he wants to go hunting. the same cannot be said for gambling online.

if your child comes up to you and says: hey lets go hunting, or hey deposit 25 bucks into my pokerstars acct. which are you more likely to respond yes to.

in most cases, children, and at 17, you are a child, do not have the maturity level to manage many of the issues that most adults face everyday.

lets say a 16 year old kid with no job, gets a prepaid visa card for his birthday, fakes his age on pokerstars and deposits it. said child experiences a good run then loses it all. child says to self, i did pretty good there for awhile. i want to try this again. said child cannot use the initial method of depositing again due to not having any income. so the child says well if i just had 10 dollars i could put it on. well where is this child going to get the money. lie to his parents about needing something for school, raid thier parents dresser drawers, or parents wallet when they are asleep. i think you can see where i am going with this.

if a child is going to play poker online then proper supervision is key. the kid will figure out a way whether the parents like it or not. so why not supervise and regulate. i'd rather the child be honest about it then steal or lie.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when is it ok for these mature minors to have sex if they want to ?
we had gambling and hunting so I thought I would throw that in.

we have to draw a line somewhere , 18 is good . of course many are ready way before any many are not way after. if we lowered the age of everything to 16 , then the 14 and 15 year olds would have the same problems with the laws.

also I don't think they should have minors in the military , but if they do they should be classified as adults and given same rights.

OK just wanted to jump in not even sure which side I'm on , to be honest I probably treat 16 and 17 year olds the same as any adult not wanting to treat them as children.

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when is it ok for these mature minors to have sex if they want to ?

When they are mature enough that there is absolutely, positively no chance they will do it unprotected in the heat of the moment.

Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When they are mature enough that there is absolutely, positively no chance they will do it unprotected in the heat of the moment.

Are you suggesting that no one has sex again, ever?