I just lost my ENTIRE roll!

Ozzington

Ozzington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GAH!

So for anyone who followed me playing in the FIVE tournament, that was my first ever freeroll cash and I made 1.60 from the tourney and I was really pumped to be finally building a bankroll. I played 2NL ring games to grind it up to 7 bucks where it hovered between 5 and 7. Falling down to 4, I took my chips to two tables and then it hit.

My QQ all in to 10-10 and he flops a 10.
My AA all in to AK and he flops a straight.

Two hands, simultaneous suckouts and no more chips.

On the bright side of things I have 40 FTP points. Anyone know of something I can do with them to potentially get some cash to play micro again and try to rebuild? I only need 1.50-3 bucks to get started again...

-Ozz

Last edited:
Ozzington

Ozzington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't make anymore points since I have nothing in my account. The cheapest SNG for FTP points requires 50 FTP and I only have 40 FTP. Is there something I'm missing?

T

Tublecain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would strongly suggest you take a close look at the articles and posts on this forum regarding bankroll management. It is one of the keys to being a successful poker player, and would have avoided you getting into the trouble you got into. Suckouts can and do happen. That's why you have to be sure you have a bankroll that can handle the swings that inevitably come with poker. You can play the best poker of your life and still lose again and again.

That's why bankroll management is so important. There's lots of different points of view, but the basic consensus is that you should have at least 40 buyins if you are playing a tournament, and at least 20 full buyins for a cash table. 1 full buyin tends to be around 100 times the Big Blind, but for a lot of the microstakes (i.e. .01/.02) can be up to 250 times the Big Blind.

Like I said, there's a lot more to it, but that's the basics. Take bankroll management into consideration, and you'll protect yourself from losing your whole roll on a couple of bad beats. They will happen (especially at the low levels), and bankroll management protects you from them. Hope that's helpful to you. Best of luck!

T.

Ozzington

Ozzington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The issue here was that bankroll management was impossible considering I couldn't move down in stakes as 2NL is the lowest on FullTilt...

I understand that suckouts do happen, it's just a travesty when two simultaneous ones knock out 12 hours of table grinding and leave you with no possible way to get anything back.

Is there a way I can optimally use my 40 FTP points to regain some remnants of a bankroll?

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, you're just going to have to wait until you get more money. Oh, there will be 5FTP 5k$ guarantees on the 14th, every 5 hours. Registration is open.

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not much you can do BRM wise with $1.60. Play the 5k like has been said. Also play the freeroll to get into the daily dollar tourney. I think it starts at 18:15 and it pays top 200.

Ozzington

Ozzington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright.

Thanks for the tip-offs.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NOT THE NETIRRE ROLL G THATS SO BUSTER

R

roger_l

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are 20FTP MTT SNGs. I do not see any running right now but they def run a few all the time. There is usually an 36/54/120-180 seat varieties of them. Not sure where they are at right now though. Do not think I have seen them since the update on the 8th.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol, the way the thread title has ENTIRE in all caps, I was expecting to see at least a $100 roll lost, not $7.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol, the way the thread title has ENTIRE in all caps, I was expecting to see at least a $100 roll lost, not $7.

+1

The reality is you aren't gonna get far with $7 unless you're really lucky. Try freerolls or deposit. That's about all your options. You can buy points at tilttrader.com- 1000 for about $4 but if you're tapped out then sorry about your luck. Gotta have money to gamble money.

T

Tublecain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1

The reality is you aren't gonna get far with $7 unless you're really lucky.

I would actually disagree with this. I randomly received $2 from pokerstars, and thanks to a friend here at CardsChat that I'll simply call the magical poker fairy, my bankroll started at $5. I've played exclusively on the PokerStars $0.25 45 and 90 man tournaments for about a month and a half, and I've turned it into over $17. I'm sure many of you are laughing at my meagre $17, but I'm not at a point where I'm willing to invest my own money in Poker, so I'm pretty happy with my results.

It's not much at all, but slowly but surely I hope to actually grow a bankroll out of it. It takes a lot of patience and discipline, but unless you run into some really nasty variance, these tourneys are easy enough that you should have no trouble building up some wins if you manage to run into a few dollars again. Until then, the freerolls mentioned here, as well as CardChat's own freerolls are probably your best bet.

Hope that's helpful to you. Best of luck,

T.

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry about your busting out to $0. I to have never made a deposit and have played all my SNG's from money won in FreeRolls. It hurts to get busted, because many times you have to play for such a long time and endure a lot of freerolls to earn enough for buyins. There are 180 player turbos for 20 ftp. Winner gets entry to Sunday Brawl, 2,3 get 50 FTP's.
But I might try thos 5 FTP's on the 14th, prolly a good chance for cashing there with solid play

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol, I don't think 1-3 dollars are enough to build a big bankroll. ;)
Try to get more money playing in freerolls. Eg. the first depositors can participate in good freerolls usually in many rooms.

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well its not the end of th world you didnt reli lose very much conciderin i lost around 140 yesterday grrr lol

umm not reli much you can do with 40 ftp points i only got like 360 and i not gunna bover touching them just gunna build them up

B

bobsay225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you could play on full tilt with play chips practicing bankroll management while grinding a roll up while playing freerolls and play the 500k freeroll at 840est which pays top 18 and usually has about 60 entrants

one question I have is that people talk about a .10 tourney on tilt where are they I cannot find them good luck and dont let the talk of "its not much of a roll bother u if it isnt let em roll ya:) :) enjoy

ihtennis

ihtennis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
go to a sit and go with your full tilt points and try to get some money that way. If that doesnt work, then keep playing in freerolls until you end up making more money

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing any kind of cash game with such a small roll is just asking for trouble.

The .10 cent tourney at 1735hrs is a start. If you do get a few bucks again somehow thru freerolls..which you should continue to play anyway...you should just stay with SNG's. Playing an SNG levels the playing field...everyone starts the same.

I find micro limit cash games to be very profitable myself but I have a BR. Its easy to prey on people with only 1,2,5,10 bucks for their entire BR simply because they make poor decisions because they are gambling their whole roll.

I started out with freerolls....then SNGs and MTTs. I've played for a year now without ever depositing. I've cashed out several times and currently have a triple digit BR.

Its totally possible to do...but you'll never achieve it without bankroll mgmt.

L

lov_my_wife

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well with 40 ftps you can get in the 5 ftp 5K tourneys coming up starting tuesday every 5 hours. Those would be a good chance for you to get some decent cash. If u do good in it though look at chris fergusons video at the ftp acadamy on bankroll management, helped me a lot.

Ozzington

Ozzington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the helpful, and some not so helpful, comments everyone.

Will have to find a way to rebuild the roll.

C

cjyh84

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to turn them ftp points into cash is some hard business!
ive also lost my entire bankroll, and had like 2000 ftp's. i tried to turn them into cash by registering into tournaments satellites, everything available, but the thing with ftp's, (particulary little, like 40) is that only impossible to win satellites that lead to another satellite , having to beat like a million people to win something... but good luck anyways.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the thing with ftp's, (particulary little, like 40) is that only impossible to win satellites that lead to another satellite , having to beat like a million people to win something... but good luck anyways.

You can register for the Daily Dollar using FTPs and it's hilulriously easy to cash in. Granted, you need more than 40 (it's 200FTPs, off the top of my head) but you can definitely do it.

It's usually got about a $3-4K overlay too.

Sharesol

Sharesol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a suggestion if you are just completely against depositing money and are using freerolls to get $.
rule #1 be disciplined. take your money you won and let it sit there. Do not touch it. keep on playing freerolls until your bankroll is big enough to use bank roll management. once you can afford atleast 25-50 buy-ins, then you can start grinding.