i have reason to call or not ?

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I followed with this hand, and lost, I think I played well when the luck was not with me, and you what would have done in my place?

1f5fe36867472849311b62e6fcc87792.png

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is a hand that you can not regret having pushed your chips I recently lost a hand like that and I regret not putting it in as soon as I complete my set but in your case I think there was no way to run it from that hand in my case I think I could but I think you played it well luck and greetings:elefant:

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess he sent you all in on the flop, which I would have called and whatever happens.

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm assuming you went all in on the flop, in which case you should've called anyway, since you have a set.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess he has you all set on the flop, I would have called and no matter what happens.

I recognize that it is my fault, I should have allin on the flop, but I did not do anything and he was put allin on the turn and I followed him, it was me who played poorly,

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You really played it very weak, and I know that on the river you did not fold it because the J-7 would have to be very crazy to be played on that river

B

baltini

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If there was an all-in on the flop, then it’s just a failure, if on the river you called, then this is your big mistake

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played the hand exactly right and the luck wasnt with you, but most of the time you would win, so keep on doing what you did, you did the right thing.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If there was an all-in on the flop, then it’s just a failure, if on the river you called, then this is your big mistake
yes I admit that I made a big mistake

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against 2 opponets its a bad call.A have big chance that one of them got a straight.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recognize that it is my fault, I should have allin on the flop, but I did not do anything and he was put allin on the turn and I followed him, it was me who played poorly,
He would have called you anyway, no mistake here. Just one more thing: I once read (and I'm not sure about the numbers) that you have a 30% chance to hit a set on the flop, but only 10% of these sets win at showdown. Against tight players a very strong hand, against loose players NOT THAT MUCh!

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Putting myself in your place, I would have done exactly the same as you, you really played well, it was the right decision, friend.:cool::cool::cool:

D

DjDen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, it all depended on the tournament stage, if you have a very small stack or an early stage, where your chips are not worth much, it may be right, but at a later stage, it is better not to risk, I had a situation several times, I more inclined to fold to raise an opponent on the river to save your chips

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Unless you let the other players limp in then you played it well until river.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not clear to me if I was all in on the flop. In that case I would have acted just like you since a set was a strong hand. There was a possibility of color and a straight, if you went with everything on the river, it seems to me a too risky move and to fold, think that it was the best decision. regards

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on whether you have information on the opponent or not, if you take in a vacuum toist you do not have any information that is always FOLD, if you know that the opponent can perform such a bluff with not reached the flash before you can think about the call, but even in such cases, more often the right decision will

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe you are not aggressive enough to pull the pot after the flop, in this situation it is always good to bet high and secure the chips.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you feel bad you shouldn't. You had a back door to the nuts and they could have been shoving on 2 pair. Want to feel bad, save that for Mr. Jack Seven.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Really need a little more information (BB, preflop & post flop action etc.).

With what information I have, I would have been all-in after the flop. But I doubt the winner would have folded, to your small stack, with a flush draw and open ended straight draw.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There were a LOT of cards that beat you on the river. Any Q or 7 or diamond.

When I flop a set I push hard. But with only two opponents I like the size of the pot I could win.

Your opponent had a very strong hand on that flop and was not going to fold.

Good luck !

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He would have called you anyway, no mistake here. Just one more thing: I once read (and I'm not sure about the numbers) that you have a 30% chance to hit a set on the flop, but only 10% of these sets win at showdown. Against tight players a very strong hand, against loose players NOT THAT MUCh!

Chance of hitting a set on the flop is 13%

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in on the flop was the way to go since you hit the set.