frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Since about 7 years ago, I ever was a maniac passioned for poker. At the four last months of 2019, I could make good earnings on poker live. Since January of 2020, playing poker is like to hold a big rock. I hope someday I could have that old passion again.

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is interesting because it can be healthy, or unhealthy. If it was healthy for you, then maybe by playing less, you'll still find enjoyment and/or still be earning some. Unless you need the earnings, in which case you may need to treat it like any other job and just power through, or find another job. If it was unhealthy, then maybe that's a good thing. And if you don't know, then some time away will probably help you answer that too. Good luck.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since about 7 years ago, I ever was a maniac passioned for poker. At the four last months of 2019, I could make good earnings on poker live. Since January of 2020, playing poker is like to hold a big rock. I hope someday I could have that old passion again.
Time changes us we relax a little with age generally I think,
Today I deposited a few hundred hours ago only played one freeroll for example since.
Downswings can really crush the enthusiasm too give it time you should bounce back hopefully mentally.:)

C

celtics33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
too much of anything can have that effect. its just your body and mind telling you they need a break. many players go thru this. take some time off and you will see it will become enjoyable again.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although poker is a hobby for me, I always feel excited while playing. I have noticed that with time and experience, my passion for poker only grows.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion you just need a rest from poker, switch to something nice for you. It is possible to find a new motivation in the hobby. And then it will be seen whether passion has returned or not.

nativehero2015

nativehero2015

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I too, lost desire to play in 2016, decided to get slowly back into it , only play mtts,
had a demanding job and worked crazy hours, 14/7 12 hrs a day , for the last 4-5 years.
anyways good luk folks

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some months ago I was playin 7 or 10 torunaments every day, but it becomes a work, a hard work. Today I m playing 2 or 3 torunaments, just some days.. I play just for fun, but some freerolls, like o dayly PS CC this days of quarentene becomes bingo tournament... so sad

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just take a break for few days, weeks or even months if needed. Get some rest, focus on your other hobbies and at some point will to play poker will also come back.

D

DenGybka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey. Sooner or later, people may lose interest even in what they loved. I think soon you will play poker again, as this is a pretty cool game, with different points. We are waiting for you in poker!:)

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
It is completely normal and happens to majority of people that play poker in any capacity. I can tell you it happened to me and I didn't play poker at all for good 8 years until very recently.

Don't force it. If you are not feeling it move on. If the will comes back to you, you can always return.

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am at that level where I am passionate about poker, I really hope I don't lose that passion. I find this game very fun, and it is also a mental game that requires a lot of discipline and I love that

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's absolutely normal!
I think everyone has the same situation. I have been playing for 8 years.
Usually start new session in the spring and after 2-3 months the enthusiasm evaporates)

I don't know Why, just may be my nature, the desire of changings)

D

daniel e hodge

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was going to say maybe thats a good thing? If you take the fun out of it maybe it would/could make you more successful since you would see it for what it is. Numbers, timing, unpredictable playing style.

Ive always found that when you do something that bores you but youre compelled to do it (household chores, at the job, etc) ive been able to push through and even enjoy my time by focusing on another aspect of the thing that I do find interesting or new or maybe a way to improve. Before long I forget that Im doing something im bored of and then weirdly my enjoyment can increase and ive improved in the meanwhile.

Benkisto_BR

Benkisto_BR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is normal in everything in life. But if this is hurting you, I suggest taking a break, many professionals do this.

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Faith will never end...

When starting to play poker, one always has the ambition to achieve something, and by doing it every day our mind gets tired and disappointments are caused by not being able to go any further, instead if you manage to play only a few days, the mind can rest more and manage to be clear, and trust is born again and begins to acquire fruits.;););)

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey. Sooner or later, people may lose interest even in what they loved. I think soon you will play poker again, as this is a pretty cool game, with different points. We are waiting for you in poker!:)
Hahahaha... We ever say it for ez players...

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just now I did read all the comments. Thank you all for positivity!!! I am ok again. I am playing on my time, on my way.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sick of it because I'm not playing live again yet. They have plexiglass on the tables here in LV and I don't wanna play because it makes it too hard for me to see and hear. It also kills the social vibe, which is why I prefer live poker.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you been playing too much on WPN, good way to kill your passion for poker? Not sure WPN can even be called a poker site at this point, when two and three outers dominate preflop all ins and runner, runner combos constantly bust the flopped nuts. If you haven't been playing there don't try playing there to fix your current issue. Play some low stakes games with some friends that always does the trick for me.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You need to pause, play less. When you are full, you do not want to eat, so you need to become hungry again.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this already happened with every poker player that plays for a long time. I play for 15 years and this happened with me many times. I even stopped to play poker for a couple of years because I was not having fun anymore and came back last year. Maybe you can take a short break to see if you come back with the same passion you once had.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think, happens with everyone, I have not played for long years, just got back in the last year, still have the passion, probably it will go one day for a while, but definitely not forever.

Even nowadays, I have times, when i just fed up with it, take days, weeks off, but dont stop

E

ErrolCartwright

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you lost your excitement for money?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sick of it because I'm not playing live again yet. They have plexiglass on the tables here in LV and I don't wanna play because it makes it too hard for me to see and hear. It also kills the social vibe, which is why I prefer live poker.
Funny how we've gotten so used to Plexiglas these days. I would be shocked to go to any kind of public place and not find sheets of Plexiglas everywhere.

More to the topic - poker holds much less excitement for me as well than it did years ago. But I still play regularly so who knows? One day maybe it will get exciting again.