I have to better this on me!

makian

makian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a fact

Many players overestimate the importance of getting in the money (staying ITM). It is better to focus on winning chips and taking chances.
· Some opponents are scared and play super stuck at the time of the bubble.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting in the money is important. Usually the pay jump that you get from getting into the money in MTT is the biggest unless you manage to go really deep. Saying that there are players who play too conservatively folding every hand which is also not good strategy. Playing near the bubble is complex and you need to carefully analyze every situation and see if risking your tournament life in it is good or bad thing.

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find playing near the bubble the hardest part about online MTTs. The issue is that you really need to have great discipline to be able to toss good hands just to get ITM. Playing conservatively is the right move to maximize your earnings over the long haul. Once you get ITM, do whatever you want especially if the difference is walking away from the table with nothing or something.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting into money IS important, but it MAY be less so, if you have good bankroll management. I mean, if your bankroll has something like 75-100 buy-ins, it makes sense to take reasonable risks event shortly before the bubble and it could pay off long term.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very often, it all depends on the size of the prizes. But if I see that I have a good chance, I am always ready to take the risk.

T

thuliomano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rage of losing in the last card for the only card that has to hit I get angry