I am frustrated with poker

N

NeoBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing on ACR first mistake. I won some money playing cash so i decided to take out my original deposit and leave my winning there. WOW cost to withdraw $65 lowest and that is for a check. won't play there anymore. I also was tired of the software there too. I would get a set and they would always have a bigger set and the players just sometime couldn't beat them even thou they sucked and would play bad hands and win. so i went over to pokerstarpa to sign up but someone has my phone number in their account so now i got to wait for pokerstars to email me back. really this is getting to be bs just to play poker online. not liking it

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, bad streaks are normal in poker, and in any poker room you are going to have bad streaks.
In different forums I have seen players complaining about pokerstars, partypoker, 888poker, winamax, etc., as you can see, nobody is happy anywhere.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are streaks, we usually remember the negatives, I come from losing with KK like 6 times in a row vs worse hands is part of poker, the important thing is to keep playing well, that your way of play does not modify it and continue learning day by day:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you sit down at the table, don't think about winning. Just enjoy the game. With pleasure come victories. And if you dream of victory will be one disappointment. It's not a job. Relax and have fun

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do not worry, it is not critical. You probably just do not have enough patience. Poker is a great hobby and just try to enjoy it.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even top poker players also have downswings so you have to accept that thing. Poker is not a win-win game even you do it perfectly. I know it really stressful if you play poker for the money. But if you try and change your mindset, I think you will feel better.

JoshSanders

JoshSanders

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a familiar condition when you think that poker is not the quality you want to get. I always try to get into every game of poker, but sometimes the very quality of the institution or online poker reduces everything to zero.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to play online poker you need to have patience because unfortunately bad beats it will happen all the time :(

Nicolasd07

Nicolasd07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not understand where your anger is going, if by losing with good hands or the rooms, the truth is that I think you are mistaking the problem. I have lost a number of times with AA as well with many other cards, but this is so no good move ensures you win.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
need a little patience and work on the game

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Relax. Go away from poker for a while. Also do some research on poker sites before deciding to play on one.

dylangarcia3

dylangarcia3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should take a time, and look for others activities, and then go back and stump in Poker

N

NoRread

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would suggest to analyze and work on your mindset. While Online poker is sort of convenient to play i. e. lots of rooms, many players, games, tournaments etc. you also have to keep in mind that online poker is really fast. You will see way more action in a short period of time, subsequently more bad beats. I was very frustrated about that in the past, too. Here is what helped me: 1. Try to learn as much about winning strategies as possible. As mentioned above the 30-day free course offered here is a very good start. 2. Start thinking long-term: loosing pocket aces against 75o when villain hits the gunshot straight on the river sucks tremendously, but when you have played your AA the right way you may have lost one or a few battles, but you are not going to loose the war. And that’s what Poker is all about: winning long-term. poker strategy worked for me to adjust my mindset and I enjoy playing online more than ever since.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on you, nobody forces you to play. If you get excited, find yourself another hobby. At present, playing online is extremely difficult, as an option, try your hand at a live game if you have the opportunity.
PS: ACR also infuriates me because of the 4 hour late check-in in tournaments.

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very often people are not disappointed in poker but in their expectations. people themselves have come up with a beautiful picture, and when faced with reality - disappointment comes. this applies not only to poker.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I was playing on ACR first mistake. I won some money playing cash so i decided to take out my original deposit and leave my winning there. WOW cost to withdraw $65 lowest and that is for a check. won't play there anymore. I also was tired of the software there too. I would get a set and they would always have a bigger set and the players just sometime couldn't beat them even thou they sucked and would play bad hands and win. so i went over to pokerstarpa to sign up but someone has my phone number in their account so now i got to wait for pokerstars to email me back. really this is getting to be bs just to play poker online. not liking it

Hi Neo, thank you for posting.

ACR is a bad site through and through. They are unlicensed and unregulated and eventually will disappear with all your money. It's an archaic practice to charge for withdrawals; just another reason not to play on ACR.

With regards to coolers, you need to accept that this happens EVERYWHERE, even live. I recently saw a hand, thankfully I wasn't involved in. 7 handed KK, AK, AA, AK, QJ. The money all went in preflop and the QJ won with a rivered straight, complete madness, but it happened. The thing with online is that you play 4 or 5 times as many hands in an hour that you would live, and that is before you start multi-tabling. If you're playing 4-5 times as many hands, you've got to expect 4-5 as many bad beats and coolers, right?

As for PokerStars, it's not their fault if someone else used your phone number, either deliberately or in error. I get your frustrations, but I would also be pleased to see they are doing their due diligence before allowing you to go ahead and put money on their site. This enhances their reputation in my mind, not diminish it.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have had bad luck in poker for almost three months, recently I managed to get cashes in tournaments..:D:D

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're frustrated with poker, maybe you should take a break and come back later to play.