I had a few drinks and played stressed poker, does alcohol affect you?

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]after drinking a few drinks i felt very confident and after losing a couple of rounds i got irritated and thought the game was even against me, now i don't play anymore after drinking.[/COLOR]​

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Obviously, alcohol during the game will interfere with your concentration and no doubt increases the likelihood of making wrong decisions.
Good luck.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i learned a valuable lesson about drinking and playing poker..

i was playing 1/2 NL , bought in with $200 (min $100, max $300)

running pure, ran the stack up to $1800 (plus $500 high hand bonus) so $2300 (was sober as a duck.. started drinking after i ran up my stack)

ended up cashing out $1300 .. lost about a grand in less than an hour

dont drink and play!!

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I don't mind a glass of wine when I'm playing online in the evening. It helps me relax a little. Obviously drinking the whole bottle is not recommended :)

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.Fortunately,you understood you made a mistake.Poker and alcohol don´t work well together..Good luck next one!

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When we drink alcohol, we open not which faces that eventually lead to a loss.Alcohol is relaxing and intoxicating.you lose concentration and make unthought-of moves.Keep yourself in hand by sitting down to play and not a drop of alcohol.

E

EBRJ16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never play stressed, it hurts your health!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I do not see any point in playing drunk. Obviously, in this state, your chances of losing money are significantly increased.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips

It affects me if I don't drink! .. a bad joke :)

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few drinks can be ok but not to the extend, drinking during a session will be the same as drinking and driving. I've learnth by loosing my bankroll. And tilt will get you cause you just want to win and win which is wrong. GL.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More you drink the player you bet or better you seem to do. Sure everyone drives better after just a few drinks.

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can drink beer if the game dragged on for a long time. Or if it's a game with friend, then I can drink strong alcocol.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beware of alcohol and poker. I lie to you if I tell you that I don't like to drink when I play. If you do it moderately and can control your emotions and thoughts, everything will be fine. Otherwise, stay away from alcohol when you decide to play. (applicable to any type of game).
Greetings.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that if you are serious about poker, you should not combine drinking and playing.

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly alcoholic drink affects players' decisions.
You can be sure that many players have already done so, for sure many do not mix this anymore
alcohol plus poker (dangerous mix).

:drunken_s:drunken_s:drunken_s:drunken_s

:bird::bird::bird::bird::bird:

And madness for sure!!!

OmgCandy1907

OmgCandy1907

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if I drink alcohol and sit down to play poker. my bluff level rises significantly and the line goes to lose.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's usually not a great idea to drink when playing. If I'm playing lower stakes or a home game with buddies I don't mind. Anything for substantial $ I will not drink at all.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id Say :O) even no drinks will stress your mind. Playing poker is like that, mixing that with to many drinks probably wont work out for no one :O) Good luck out there and keep grinding.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker and alcohol are like water and oil.I had a bad experience that devastated my cash desk in a couple of hours.So when you are drunk, do not play poker)

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol turns the player into a fearless kamikaze.)) For some addicts, this is a kind of tranquilizer that helps them cope in a stressful situation. Generally speaking, in large quantities drunk alcohol is evil. Everything is useful in moderation.

C

Chomik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, better not drink alcohol playing poker

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If your results are important to you, you better not play drunk. There are many other interesting things you can do drunk, such as drinking beer. :D

S

some39thing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol tends to loosen me up and I bluff a lot more, which can get me into a lot of trouble.