I put 10 great players, who are the 3 best.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1 Sam Farha
2 Phil Ivey
3 Chris Ferguson
4 Doyle Brunson
5 Daniel Negreanu
6 Erik Seidel
7 Antonio Esfandiari
8 Joe Hachem
9 Jennifer Harman
10 Phil Hellmuth

para mim:
- Daniel Negreanu
-Phil hellmuth
- Sam Farha

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
1 Sam Farha
2 Phil Ivey
3 Chris Ferguson
4 Doyle Brunson
5 Daniel Negreanu
6 Erik Seidel
7 Antonio Esfandiari
8 Joe Hachem
9 Jennifer Harman
10 Phil Hellmuth

para mim:
- Daniel Negreanu
-Phil hellmuth
- Sam Farha

If we leave Doyle Brunson out of this list considering his legendary status, I would pick the 2 Phils and Daniel Negreanu. But then again we are talking about poker, a game where anyone could beat anyone on a given day.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If we leave Doyle Brunson out of this list considering his legendary status, I would pick the 2 Phils and Daniel Negreanu. But then again we are talking about poker, a game where anyone could beat anyone on a given day.

Yes, I have same thoughts and also wanted to give a credit to Mr. Brunson. His book was 1st poker book that I read. And pick 2 Phils and Daniel.
Not sure about top 10 list, who deserves to be there.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Yes, I have same thoughts and also wanted to give a credit to Mr. Brunson. His book was 1st poker book that I read. And pick 2 Phils and Daniel.
Not sure about top 10 list, who deserves to be there.

I'm not sure I can norrow it down to top 10 nowadays. So many youngsters surfaced and so many female players as well :).

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, the best players are Jason Mercier, Daniel Negreanu, Phil Ivey. These are three of my favorite players.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably some of the young players that are math whizzes are better than the older players on the list.

S

samir77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see you've put most of the old school players in the list. But they say, the new school is different and better. You can hear all the old school players saying that. I am not denying they are great players of all time but the best players in this new era? I think the new school folks understand the game a little more.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest, i don,t understand such a topics, just because there are lots of good and great poker players. And i think no one knows, who are the best of them, just because you can,t say it about poker players at all.
And we can,t compare them to each other.
That all depends of your tastes, just because lots of players have different poker styles and you just choose the players, which you like the most.
So i can,t understand such a topics , just because we can,t pick the best players i think. They are all good players and also lots of people are also a great players.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
All great players on list except Ferguson
My top 3 from list:
Phil Ivey
Daniel Negreanu
Phil Hellmuth

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well Stu Ungar is the greatest player ever which is a fact proven by him being the only player ever to win 3 wsop main events outright and 3 superbowls of poker outright but if we are going on that list alone I prefer Ivey.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's difficult to choose the best poker players, but if I have to choose my favorite players on the list, I will choose Phil Ivel, Daniel Negreanu, and Antonio Esfandiari.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
And why are there no women in your top 10 ???
I personally think that the best poker players are women. :)

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ivey and Daniel are great (like Brunson) I’ve enjoyed Gus Hanson too…

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My best players
1 Phil Ivey
2 Sam Farha
3 Chris Ferguson

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
From your list:
Negraneau
Helmuth
Ivey

My favs to watch on TV as well. And going off board, honourable mention to: Scotty Nguyen (great personality that I had pleasure of being at same table for a while in a live event)

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You made good choices! I don't make a top 3 but my favorite is Daniel N.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

Daniel Negreanu, Estud Ungar, Amarillo slim, Phil hellmut, As Hansen, Phil Avey, Doyl Brunsoon, Maria lampropulos, Leo fernandez, Nacho Barbero ...

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I had to be my savings on staking 3/t it'd have to be Ivey, Helmuth, Seidel

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But then again we are talking about poker, a game where anyone could beat anyone on a given day.
agreed ;) I could never pick a best, just a favorite.
Chris mf Ferguson
All great players on list except Ferguson
you heard the old saying "Dumber than a box of rocks"?
6 bracelets and $10,000,000 in winnings :eek:

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And why are there no women in your top 10 ???
I personally think that the best poker players are women. :)

Think it partly reflects the old school nature of the list. Think there are definitely a lot more women now than when a lot of these players were at the height of their fame where it use to definitely be more male orientated. Vicky, Liv, Venessa & Maria were all extremely good although I do not watch a great deal of live poker but defo nice to see more women on the tables.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.I choose these three:1.Phil Ivey,2.Daniel Negreanu,3.Phil Hellmuth.It is always a pleasure to watch these guys playing poker., specially in the old High Stakes Poker.Great memories!

phoenixKK

phoenixKK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Andre Akkari is not in your list why? He is top 3 for me.Please put him in this the list.Phil Ivey and Helmuth are tough players too.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Well Stu Ungar is the greatest player ever which is a fact proven by him being the only player ever to win 3 Wsop main events outright and 3 superbowls of poker outright but if we are going on that list alone I prefer Ivey.

Yeah man, thx for bringing that name up. Unfortunately, no one mentions him anymore though he was definitely the most talented player the world has ever seen. Of course he had his personal issues and a damaging reputation, but when it comes down to poker, he was tbe one and only...