How did you get to know poker?

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How long have you been familiar with poker and under what circumstances did you get to know it?

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first poker experience was in 2008. That year, during an entertainment among a group of colleagues, we decided to play poker. It was a very interesting experience for me. After that I never stopped playing.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get to know poker when i was young. Can't remember how old I was. Playing poker with friend but i get really interested in poker when i was 29 years old. Then i started playing poker for real. First on Everest poker, later on pokerstars.

thebigjhow

thebigjhow

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've known him for about 7 years. Through PokerStar.

Stringy

Stringy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
been many years now but found poker through the default games on my blackberry phone

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think I was about 6 years old when I saw Bugs Bunny beat a grifter in a mining town w/two pair. He had a pair of ones and another pair of ones (4 aces). The grifter first asked Bugs if he wanted to play "draw poker" and Bugs drew a picture of a poker for the fire-place logs; lol.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! I think, about fifteen years I have known Poker... I started to watch the different TV Poker Shows,
for example "Poker After Dark", and everything sort of...

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi, friend!
My colleagues after work gathered in the office and played poker. I found this game interesting and my first experience was with live poker. Then I switched to online, and now I play only there. I really like poker, it gives cool emotions)

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello about 15 years ago I saw the world series on TV, since there it caught my attention and started playing it

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I started playing cards earlier, when I sat down at the school desk, and my friend told me that poker is interesting and simple, it won’t be a problem for your collection, my friend’s words came true, poker is an interesting game!

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I’ve been playing since I was a kid with my Dad and younger brother. He taught us draw and stud poker first. In the early 2000s we all got into holdem and played regularly.

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Many years ago with a cell phone that had that game installed; but it was many, many years ago and i learned how to play it without reading the rules or anything i just started figuring everything out until i learned. may I win it sometime!

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When I was a little kid the family played Rummoli, it has a poker pot. We played Dad rules, "best hand wins" no betting no bluffing. It wasn't until I was a teenager that I learned the real rules.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was a member of several training sites and I think it really helped me out.

christopher983

christopher983

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i started to play poker in 2009 on facebook played for fun after i started to learn basics played on different websites for real money won some lost some i was on and off sometimes is better not to play if you see you don't win or just play freerolls :ROFLMAO:

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I watched the video on YouTube and I liked the game after I installed it and started playing everything is easy quite simple

lamerebrut

lamerebrut

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
first time I played poker was overseas in a small tourney in a hostel. made first place, I think I won a bar tab of 200$ or something, lol. final hand was AA against KK. that was 14 years ago. :)

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've been playing poker since I was eleven or twelve years old fifty seven or eight years ago. We had one television in the house and when the Lawrence Welk Show ended at eight on Saturday night, my parents and I would play poker until Gunsmoke came on at ten. :) I think that what piqued my interest in the game was because poker games were common in all the westerns that were on tv at the time.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi, friend!
My colleagues after work gathered in the office and played poker. I found this game interesting and my first experience was with live poker. Then I switched to online, and now I play only there. I really like poker, it gives cool emotions)
Years ago I worked for Allied Plywood in Providence RI, and on Christmas Eve afternoon we had a poker game that went on until closing time, or maybe even a little later. :)

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
About 25 years ago, before restaurant age, our group of friends use to play different kind of card games all weekends, texas holdem maybe most.

2007-2012 busiest online poker time, after little brother show me how its done :)

Giancarlomen

Giancarlomen

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
During a business travel in 2009, a friend of mine teach how to play! ;-)