How would you have played this?

S

syntheticocean

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in a game last night with a guy, who ranted for about an hour after a hand because of what I played. I played a AJ of hearts. I limped in pre-flop by calling the big blind. The flop comes down 10-Q-K of hearts. I had a royal flush off the flop. I was in the late position, and all folded but this one guy, who raised 3x the pot, I raised him 3x, then he re-raised me whatever he had left. It was a small game, only a couple of bucks .05/.10 blinds.

Needless to say, he had QQ and he cried like a little girl for the next hour, told me how stupid it was to stay in pre-flop with AJsuited and I reminded that if he was going to play poker, he shouldn't be doing it with his rent money.

Now, I'm fairly new to poker, but who on earth wouldn't call the BB with AJ suited???

Rounder_D

Rounder_D

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No you played it fine, but risked losing him by re-raising on the flop. you cant lose so no point in raising him until the river. Unraised pot I am playing AJs every time. Nice hand

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So he just limped preflop with QQ and he blamed you?

S

syntheticocean

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah. I suppose you are right Rounder. I should have let him raise it all the way. I get exited and once I saw him raise, I wanted to give him a quick slap to the face. He was making racist comments about another player in the game and I enjoyed taking his money. :)

Rounder_D

Rounder_D

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah its always good to see someone whos runnin there mouth go bust.

S

sanpatso

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love when people screw up and blame others. No 3 times BB raise with QQ? You played it right and he was an idiot. Nice hand by the way. Don't see that everyday.

G

gott1rott

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't worry about it. He was just angry that he lost with a hand usually wins every time. Shorthanded I probably would have raised pre flop but you played the hand fine.

Z

zedmaster84

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well actually he moans because u limped with AJ suited and no raise to see a cheap flop?? and he himself didnt raise preflop with QQ? cant see a fault there and if he is doing the crybaby-show just remind him that he was totally dead on the flop, even if he had raised preflop I wud have called on AJ suited coz its a strong hand shorthanded

and why shud he blame u for ur play after lol, maybe just the reraise after the flop was risky to lose him but he nicely trapped in - no need to feel sorry, was his fault that he didnt raise preflop