How Would You Celebrate a Million Dollar Win?

TexasPokerStar

TexasPokerStar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Everyone,

So picture this, you just won over a million dollars in a WPT tournament or a wsop tournament... 1st place never felt so sweet in your life...

how would you celebrate it?

I would probably go get me a couple of hot ladies, hit the clubs, VIP style... limo, VIP table... the works.... then, back to the penthouse suite for a wild time with the ladies ;-)

Next day... go shopping, new suit... new watch...

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would do some very boring things. Pay off my mortgage, use the house to help a low income family save for their own house. Buy a nice house, two new cars. Put 20% towards my kids education.

That will leave me with about 500,000 so then i would invest half the remaining and go on a second honeymoon with my wife to the carribean.

By a new set of clubs and a membership to ClubLink (30 courses).

GSpicoli

GSpicoli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd piss it away on loose women, alcohol and drugs.

Not really, I probably go back to germany for an extended stay with friends and terrorize the Euros with my drunken antics. Do some more traveling through eastern Europe. Then what wasnt taken from me by the gov't for taxes and pissed away in my travels I'd come back and set up my IT consulting business that I've been trying to get off the ground for years.

iamays

iamays

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd buy in for a million dollars at a high stakes table with Gus Hansen, Phil Ivey, Phil Helmuth, Harrington, Daniel Neg., Maya Geller, and that other hot chick off High Stakes poker and I'd bankrupt everybody. Then, I would go buy a house and a wife. Hey we're dreaming right?

GSpicoli

GSpicoli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're dreaming, why on earth would you want to get a wife? Money will get you all of the new pssy you can ever want. Why would you resort to having a same-sex marriage? Because that is all it is, same sex every night (if you're lucky you'll get it everynight).

J

jasdell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well a first million dollar win would definitely be amazing and I hope you mean a cool mil after taxes too lol.

Anyway, I'd probably buy a nice house somewhere near where I live, someplace a little out of the way, but totally worth the drive. And maybe a single prop plane and learn to pilot.

And of course I would have to buy my best friend a virtu phone.

We have this bet thing going on. A race to the million! First one there buys the other one a virtu phone haha.

T

teleboy1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would pay off my family's debt. Put a downpayment on a new house. Get a new car. Take my family on a nice long trip to Disney. I would buy myself a Schwartz ring like the one from Spaceballs and I would buy my wife a Schwartz ring just so I can look at her ALL THE TIME and say "I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!"

The_OG_Rocco

The_OG_Rocco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Everyone,
So picture this, you just won over a million dollars in a WPT tournament or a WSOP tournament... 1st place never felt so sweet in your life...
how would you celebrate it?
I would probably go get me a couple of hot ladies, hit the clubs, VIP style... limo, VIP table... the works.... then, back to the penthouse suite for a wild time with the ladies ;-)
Next day... go shopping, new suit... new watch...

No offense, but your new found Million Dollars wouldn't last you very long with that type of lifestyle. I think your parents would be a bit disappointed in you if you flushed away that kind of money in such a wreckless fashion.
:damnmate:

I would take my Million Dollars and pay off my house in full. Then I would proceed to invest the rest of my money into another piece of solid real estate and let the money work/grow for me. :icon_thum

Jayson745

Jayson745

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know a nice chunck of it would be going into more tourney buyins. Main event and many others. I'd just look at it as a huge poker bankroll, then try to make it grow.

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10% to God---10-20% to a worthy charity--25% to my daughter---15% to my sister----The rest, move to NZ to spend more time with my girlfriend!:eek:

T

tonydamage

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a new ride, preferrably a carrera.
a nice simple rolex.
a night out with "some" mighty fine ladies.
money in da bank - earning interest while you sleep!

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a reason most lotto jackpot winners are not only broke but in debt within 5 years after winning. ~half goes to taxes, probably invest 200k or so, use some for the poker BR, pay for college, living expenses, etc. then I could use the other 100k or so to just have fun with. Still plenty to have some fun with, take some trips, go out to Vegas maybe, but a million bucks really isn't as much as most people think it is.

TexasPokerStar

TexasPokerStar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The Night I Won...

The things I said... was the night I win.... and no... I wouldn't blow all of the money away... that night...

I would put it away... I don't need to pay off my house, it's been paid for in full already... I already have a new car... so don't need to buy a new one... or perhaps I would probably get me a nice Ferrari or Lamborghini for the weekend ;-)

mogadown

mogadown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who Really Knows???

Its a beautiful dream for everybody that each and every one of us will win/earn enough money to make our living stable for the rest of our lives. We dream about the day we dont need to wake up for work, we dont need to worry about where the money is coming from for new tires for the car, we dont need to make dinner because either there is someone there to cater to us or we just go out to eat all the time. We dream of paying off our houses, taking constant vacations or just daily relaxation at our own private pool. There is nothing wrong with this dreaming. Unfortunatly, nobody can predict what they WILL do IF this situation arises. A Million Dollars is a life changing event. The overwhelming feeling WILL change our personalities, and we dont know what we will do, until that time comes. I personnaly hope that IF this situation arrises in my occasion, I hope that I can remain the same person I am, and spend/use/invest my new found fortune wisely

W

witl69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im good at saveing alot of money so thats probably what I would do with the majority of it just pay my bills and do whatever I wanted too ... maybe buy me a new laptop but that would probably be about it

EvilGenius

EvilGenius

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
before i had kids, the answer to this would have been very different.

but now, i'd know that 300,000 was going to the IRS.

i'd take 200,000 and put in in a CD so that I can pay my kids education.

i'd re-invest 150,000 into my bankroll.

i'd take the other 350,000 to pay off my mortgage and re-furnish my house.

Cowboy8112

Cowboy8112

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd buy in for a million dollars at a high stakes table with Gus Hansen, Phil Ivey, Phil Helmuth, Harrington, Daniel Neg., Maya Geller, and that other hot chick off High Stakes poker and I'd bankrupt everybody. Then, I would go buy a house and a wife. Hey we're dreaming right?

Why buy a house and get married, Just buy a house for a woman you hate and save yourself a few years.

As for me, I would rent a floor at the Mandalay Bay, get some dealers and invite you guys for a weekend of poker tournaments

D

drivers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
get some strippers, and a shit load of 40s

T

turtlerox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ask the wsop staff when is the next tournament!
and after that do the things that anybody would do,go places,buy things,do things that normally u can't afford to do

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suppose it will sound boring..

1. Pay off all debt.
2. By wife a new car.
3. Paint house.
4. Give to church/charity
5. Put money in bank/investments
6. Keep playing poker

But since i don't play many tournaments... it's gonna be a long time before I make that million :)

kingsup23

kingsup23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would give most to charity. But of course save the rest for future tournaments. Make sure i can live comfortable. now is this million before or after TAXESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS=(

C

CryingAmy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd give a % to a childrens charity and then buy myself a new wardrobe!

J

joemac696969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First I would pay all the money I owed and invest some. Take care of my kids education, buy a house and a Benz, take a trip to the islands! Come back and try to win some more. If there is any left?