Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!🙋‍♀️🤗

When I started, everything was different. At that time, Poker was not banned in our country. Of course, it all started with the study of theory and other tools.

Now, many years later, a lot of training tools have appeared. I can recommend you to study this wonderful game here in the community, because there is absolutely everything for this.

Study the Tools section:
Poker Options Section:

Take a 30-day course:

I think this will be a good start.👍
Good luck!🌺🌺🌺

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I have to admit that when I started playing poker I didn't know anything about the game. I was on a site where we had only played for fun and we only played with play money. There were only a few who really knew how the game went, but we had a lot of fun together and while we were fooling around I was able to learn a lot from the game. But it wasn't until later, when I went to pokerstars and did the poker courses there, that I started to understand the game better. If you only play for fun, you can start without knowing anything and just see where the journey takes you, but if you want to play serious poker then you should at least know the basics.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started to play many years ago and online poker was different at that time. It used to have a lot more chances to new players that didn't wanted to risk their own money to start. I remember that I started in a room called Everest Poker and they used to offer free sit'gos 24/7 called shasta tables. At that time, you didn't had many sources to study the game (like nowadays), so, I remember that I had many books, my first one were Harrington on Holde'm and Super System.

siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I started with my uncles and cousins, but playing omaha, at the time I didn't even know it was that name, then I followed the practice of poker until I got to know texas holdem, which I loved and kept learning more and more about the game.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started online with play money, after my brother had started with real money, I switch to real money and started my education, the crucial ones I think was the books from Dan Harrington, then i did read lot of other books and was member on a video tutorial site, I played for 12 years or so then I took a 5 years break, and now I am back, and I find the strategi from the books of Dan Harrington still works, at least at the low level I am playing in now :)

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I started playing on social networks because I wasn't old enough to play in real money rooms, once I reached the minimum age I signed up for PokerStars as this was the best room at that time.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
tell us your opinions about the beginning of the game of poker? what did you start with?
My poker story started by chance, I was playing Red dead redemption 1, on Xbox one console and to evolve in the game I had to win at poker, and I didn't even know the rules of poker, so I stopped the game and went to research about Texas Holdem, I joined Pokerstars as a student, which at that time gave a free course and even gave tickets to participate in some satellites, I enjoyed playing so much that I haven't stopped until today.:)

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My interest started through old west movies, my father played, but he didn't teach me, I played with my colleagues what we thought was Poker, many years later, I found a book in a bookstore about Poker, I started to read and I discovered that I knew nothing about Poker, I learned a little and went with a cousin to a poker house, watched a little and felt like taking a risk, it was a disaster, I lost in a matter of minutes, when I went to work in a company, at lunchtime, some employees from the administrative area I played, and then I started to learn to play and I continue to learn to this day

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For me it started with zapping on TV more than 15 years ago and seeing poker for the first time. I was immediately hooked and started to play with friends and online. Besides I read a lot of articles and books. And I still do because you can always learn.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I started playing poker when I was at the university, a friend of us has introduced the game and we played the equivalent of NL2, then I played online on FullTilt Poker, Pokerstars, Everest Poker, it was before the black friday, I searched some content on youtube and I've found poker after dark, high stakes poker, wsop... I loved to watch some pros playing and figuring out how I would play the hand in their shoes.
To level up my game I've read some books, Harrington on holdem, let there be range, winning poker tournaments one hand at a time... The rest come with practice.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started with some freerolls or played cash on micro limits, well, in general, nothing special worked out, the first year was for sure, then there was such a poker school on the Internet by a certain Mr. Lesnoy, then I watched the WSOP games live with interest, then Lee Nelson's book "Flop, Turn, River", but one thing is for sure- this is practice, of course, without it in any way

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
tell us your opinions about the beginning of the game of poker? what did you start with?
you need to download any pokerstars that you like to register in it there will be tips use them after you understand the menu with these tips then start with simple freerolls these are free tournaments without your cash contribution, thus you will understand the game for free after you can study poker combinations further study the percentage of cards in your hand and the hands of your opponent the difference in cards in different positions and all that good luck to you if you just started joining poker rooms

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Started by playing the 5-Card Draw in real.