How poker makes your brain work?

L

lololi11

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NL
Chips
Poker, a card game that is not as popular as it once was, has been proven to have some serious benefits for your brain. The game requires skills like high-level math, reading people and predicting their actions, and making decisions based on incomplete information.

Poker can help you learn how to make decisions when you don't have all the information. It also helps you with math - especially probability and statistics. And it can help you read people by understanding their facial expressions and body language.

What happens to our brain while playing poker?

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Well, I suppose that the biggest advantage is for those who master statistics and mathematics, but psychology is a very determining factor when reading your opponent, I think that poker makes you more agile to make decisions in any aspect of your life.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It develops thinking and calculations.
Not only that, it is very psycholigical too, involving patience, will, discipline.

Imo, very good for brains development / training

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Unfortunately, I don't listen to my brain all the time.

My brain studies hard at poker, then I get to a hand I'm playing and I get to a spot I know I'm in bad shape. My brain kicks in saying "we're beat... abort, muck that hand!!" My ego is like "no vill could be bluffing" Brain is like "it's in his/hers range, fold it now, he/she raised you on the river... it's never a bluff at these stakes FOLD!!!

Ego calls... we're BEAT... "I told ya so"

The rest is history.

The moral to this rant (which I whole heartedly apologise for) is... always listen to your gut instinct 🥴

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
my brain explodes when I play poker if I play very seriously I start thinking a lot

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker, a card game that is not as popular as it once was, has been proven to have some serious benefits for your brain. The game requires skills like high-level math, reading people and predicting their actions, and making decisions based on incomplete information.

Poker can help you learn how to make decisions when you don't have all the information. It also helps you with math - especially probability and statistics. And it can help you read people by understanding their facial expressions and body language.

I didn't do well in school and always had problems with math. I don't believe that a player should have deep knowledge of mathematics for good results in poker. Elementary mathematical knowledge is quite enough. The main thing in poker is patience, discipline and persistence of the player.

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends if you take it seriously. I say most of the people just rely on their own ego(meaning they think they are better naturally)
When you strive to advance and get better i think poker is like a gym for your brain. It could also help train the discipline and patience. However, it’s also a constant stress hence why only few become professional. Some people just can’t cope with the stress and emotions.

Last edited:
fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The practice of reasoning makes the brain always remain in good health. In this sense, Poker is a marvel, as it requires complex and solid reasoning to be a winner.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I really, friend, as I am brainless, it is difficult for me to answer this question.
A joke, seriously. Thank God, at 53 years old, I am very well, let's say cerebrally, in terms of memory, reasoning, everything that concerns him.
I think poker is too thoughtful a game. You must continuously analyze many situations, even more so when you play an MTT as it is in my case.
When the MTT is not a deep stack you have to make many decisions in a short time, be it mathematics regarding possibilities, you must see the strategies, you must analyze positions at the table, you must see when you play your opponents live, read their gestures or actions, in short, the brain in an MTT works at full capacity.
To compare it with another game I compare it to chess where the level of concentration must be even higher.
Poker is not only having AA or AK p KK and going there, but it is to overcome a lot of situations during the tournament, in which you must show your skills and logically also count on luck.
As a card game for me, without a doubt, it is the best of all.
Greetings Carlos;););)(y)(y)(y)

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker contains many different aspects if it is done professionally. Poker is a hobby that brings pleasure, but in terms of some skills, I have not changed from the original state.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Mine became more resilient, emotions I mean!

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I once went to the Neurologist doctor and he said that according to my exam, I have only two neurons.
I named one Tico and the other Teco, the big problem is that Tico likes poker and Teco likes Whiskey.
Now I know why I'm not doing so well in poker.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, I play poker online and reading the faces and behavior of players is not in my nature. I have been friends with mathematics since school. I don't mean advanced mathematics, because poker doesn't need it. To be honest, I rely more simply on my experience of the game and I don’t need mathematics here. Mathematics is more needed for people who deal with numbers and beginner poker players.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I once went to the neurologist and he told me that according to my examination, I only have two neurons.
I named one Tico and the other Teco, the big problem is that Tico likes poker and Teco likes Whiskey.
Now I know why I'm not doing so well in poker. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:: ROFLMAO

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently, I began to act differently in incomprehensible situations. I simply assume several options at once and imagine further developments in each of it.
Perhaps this was worked out, among other things, thanks to poker.

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
It depends on how focused I am, sometimes as a mathematical genius and other times as a madman who pays everything to win but helps me relax I think I do the math I create strategies I don't always win but it's a good hobby: D

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I do not know to what extent, but it certainly spins something there and in everyday life

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Concentration, calculations, etc...
And you can feel that you are getting tired mentally, sometimes even more than because of the physical work. There is no more evidence that this is a mind game.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that it help me for the patience, calculation and the most important thing in my opinion is the concentration 😀

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it works with probability, that it can happen at a table and according to the players in front of us.

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
While playing poker, I have a “brainstorming”: instant analysis of the situation and making a bet decision. Sometimes it has a positive effect on the outcome of the game, and sometimes you need to slow down. In any case, poker is the development of mental abilities.