How Often do you lose to 5 outters

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ever keep track of how many times you lose to 5 or less outters by the river. Usually when you got a monster like a set of kings or top two. Somehow it feels like everytime you got a good thing going a bad beat like this bust you outta the the game or tourney. Wonder if there is a mathematical reason to it and how, if any possibility, avoid these things. I think there is just something we are missing but another is i think the universe hates me. lol what do yall think

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never counted how many times I lost to 5 or less outters, but in online poker seems a lot more times than it should be :(

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not my thing to count bad beat, it will just give you negative effects and no good thing will come from it

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ever keep track of how many times you lose to 5 or less outters by the river. Usually when you got a monster like a set of kings or top two. Somehow it feels like everytime you got a good thing going a bad beat like this bust you outta the the game or tourney. Wonder if there is a mathematical reason to it and how, if any possibility, avoid these things. I think there is just something we are missing but another is i think the universe hates me. lol what do yall think
Unfortunately, this negative part of poker is an integral part of the game! And you can avoid it only by not playing poker!

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
One must gain focus on what one can have an effect on.
Tend not to focus on percentages once the chips are all in, rather could have it been played in a different way that may have resulted in a different outcome. Is there something that can be learned from the hand and then move on, not looking back.

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So the bad beats continue pocket tens called an all in who had A Q off flop 10 9 8 turn 3 River J
A 10 diamonds ep late position shoves I call he has A 5 off flop 2 3 4
Sane guy on both hands.

Ak off flop K 7 4 calls an all in he's got K T hits T on turn

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But another hand I had a 6 flop was J J 6 turn 6 River 6 took 3 people out with that

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
online all the time. live have never been called on a tournament when i'm all in with AAs pre flop someone with 75 suited calls and rivers the win. happens all the time online but never in real live, in real life you'll get like a 1010 for the call or AK suited but not a 86 suited or not and if they do call with such a hand they actually do lose to AA or if someone calls with KQ suited they normally also do lose to AA but online they river the win most the time.

N

Nel1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not counted how many times I have lost, but it has happened to me online and live

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well live poker I had KQd flop was 9d 10d kc rive was a brick shoved all in got called be J8d River came 7d
Was gutted

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feels like more than it should be, that`s for sure

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more tournaments you play, the less you will notice this, statistically you will still be more in the black with monster hands

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is normal that you get bad beats and that not too scarce either. The variance in poker is very high. The average variance in poker is 100 big blinds on 100 hands. So if you have a win rate of 5 big blinds in 100 hands it can happen that after 100 hands you lost 95 big blinds even though you did everything right. You can't prevent bad beats. But what you can do is control the pot. If you don't have a monster hand then you don't want to be playing for a big pot. Top pair with a mediocre kicker is no monster. Let's assume you're in the CO with AT. Everyone folds in front of you. You raise preflop and the big blind calls. The flop comes 84Ar. Your opponent checks, you raise again, your opponent calls. On the turn there is another 4. Your opponent checks again and now you can check so as not to let the pot get out of hand. You can do this because you don't have to protect your hand. No or only a few draws are possible. It has other advantages. If you had bet on the turn, you would often only pay out better hands. For example, your opponent could have three of a kind, or they could have an ace with a better kicker, or they could have something like A8. So you could be in the back by now. You avoid your opponent reraising you. You keep the pot small. With worse hands, your opponent will often fold when you raise again on the turn. You show weakness. Your opponent may be bluffing on the river or he may be more likely to call a bet from you.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed this during my game much more often than I would like, but I try not to pay attention to it, because this is just my opponent's luck, and not his correct play, this thought calms me down a little.

yezzrr

yezzrr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to happen wayyy more than it should, for sure

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happens very often in online poker, but the main thing is not to get angry about it and continue to play correctly, this is the most important thing. In the long run, special cases do not matter and I will be a big plus.

C

crabcruncher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thinking this is just a trick your mind plays on you. You forget all the times you won against said hands and remember the bad beats. Of course it doesnt bother one to suck out on others as much.

V

vsausto1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It definitely feels like i lose more than the one out of ten times I'm supposed to lose on the river

V

vsausto1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thinking this is just a trick your mind plays on you. You forget all the times you won against said hands and remember the bad beats. Of course it doesnt bother one to suck out on others as much.
exactly u always remember the losses and forget about your suckouts lol

V

vsausto1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happens very often in online poker, but the main thing is not to get angry about it and continue to play correctly, this is the most important thing.In the long run, special cases do not matter and I will be a big plus.
keeping an even keel is the key in poker something I'm still working on

V

vsausto1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed this during my game much more often than I would like, but I try not to pay attention to it, because this is just my opponent's luck, and not his correct play, this thought calms me down a little.
All you can do is make the right player in the long run it should prevail

V

vsausto1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well live poker I had KQd flop was 9d 10d kc rive was a brick shoved all in got called be J8d River came 7d
Was gutted
definitely does test your patience but I'm sure you've been on the other end to get lucky as well

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happens all the time and to make it worse i then use the poker cards calculator to check what percentage chance of me winning the hand before the river was, it has been always above 75% the last tourney i was knocked out of i was 95.5% before the two outer on the river, And im not moaning i know these things can happen just horrible to be on the end of them.